Home | Community | Message Board

Phytoextractum
Please support our sponsors.

Mushrooms, Mycology and Psychedelics >> Mushroom Cultivation

Welcome to the Shroomery Message Board! You are experiencing a small sample of what the site has to offer. Please login or register to post messages and view our exclusive members-only content. You'll gain access to additional forums, file attachments, board customizations, encrypted private messages, and much more!

Amazon Shop for: ½ Pint Jars

Jump to first unread post. Pages: 1 | 2 | Next >  [ show all ]
Invisiblep4kSouL
Animals Are Cool
ummm wtf?
    #3839644 - 02/27/05 01:42 AM (11 years, 9 months ago)

Ok this is weird. I have 18 jars colonizing. I first injected 12 with B+ about 16 days ago. So far there is no growth. 2 days ago I inject the 6 other jars with EQ and looked at them today noticing that they were 1/4th colonized. 2 days! wtf does b+ suck or what? i do not understand. I could see a ton of spores in the eq but not really any in the b+ syringe. maybe that had to do with something. hmmm :confused:

Post Extras: Print Post  Remind Me! Notify Moderator
Offlinehawksapprentice
Yearns to Snowboard
 User Gallery

Loc: Oregon
Re: ummm wtf? [Re: p4kSouL]
    #3839655 - 02/27/05 01:44 AM (11 years, 9 months ago)

Ive have had great results from B+, It could possibly be the syringe. I have had clear syringes and had them work just fine. Where did you get the syringe from??

--------------------
"I celebrate the Earth, my home, my mother, my grave, and as long as men are Man they must, if they would preserve the integrated being, do the same---[and preserve]--this rank casual hungry smelly sweaty lusting transitory body, my oozy pulpy liquid-bag-swollen body, bones, blood, hair glands, my bejeweled sex; I love and celebrate it all.  never to let men forget that they are animals as much as gods---that is one thing I shall say."

Edward Abbey

InvisibleGlassOnion
Stranger
Loc: Antartica
Re: ummm wtf? [Re: hawksapprentice]
    #3839661 - 02/27/05 01:46 AM (11 years, 9 months ago)

B+ has grown much slower for me... eq colonized far quicker

Invisiblep4kSouL
Animals Are Cool
    #3839670 - 02/27/05 01:49 AM (11 years, 9 months ago)

Quote:

hawksapprentice said:
Ive have had great results from B+, It could possibly be the syringe. I have had clear syringes and had them work just fine. Where did you get the syringe from??

sporesdirect but i used the same syringe for both strains

InvisiblelIllIIIllIlIIlIlIIllIllIIl
Stranger
 Arcade Champion: Airfox

Loc: Texas
    #3839679 - 02/27/05 01:51 AM (11 years, 9 months ago)

Quote:

p4kSouL said:
Ok this is weird. I have 18 jars colonizing. I first injected 12 with B+ about 16 days ago. So far there is no growth.

This is just an educated guess but it may be that your jars were still too hot when you injected them. If you have absolutely no growth after 16 days the spores were either killed due to bad conditions in the jar or there were no spores in your syringe.

Offlinehawksapprentice
Yearns to Snowboard
 User Gallery

Re: ummm wtf? [Re: lIllIIIllIlIIlIlIIllIllIIl]
    #3839689 - 02/27/05 01:54 AM (11 years, 9 months ago)

^^^^^^^^^^
Exactly, you say you used the same syringe for both strains. So you got prints and made your own syringes???

--------------------
"I celebrate the Earth, my home, my mother, my grave, and as long as men are Man they must, if they would preserve the integrated being, do the same---[and preserve]--this rank casual hungry smelly sweaty lusting transitory body, my oozy pulpy liquid-bag-swollen body, bones, blood, hair glands, my bejeweled sex; I love and celebrate it all.  never to let men forget that they are animals as much as gods---that is one thing I shall say."

Edward Abbey

Invisiblep4kSouL
Animals Are Cool
    #3839700 - 02/27/05 01:59 AM (11 years, 9 months ago)

the origonal was a B+ syringe from sd. Then a received some eq prints and used the b+ syringe for it.

Offlinehawksapprentice
Yearns to Snowboard
 User Gallery

#3839708 - 02/27/05 02:02 AM (11 years, 9 months ago)

And how long after sterilization did you wait to inoculate???

--------------------

Edward Abbey

Invisiblep4kSouL
Animals Are Cool
    #3839718 - 02/27/05 02:06 AM (11 years, 9 months ago)

about 6 hours, was that not enough?

Offlinecb9fl
Senior ChildMolestationExpert
Loc: florida
    #3839719 - 02/27/05 02:06 AM (11 years, 9 months ago)

That's a bunch of question marks.

--------------------
It is better to be hated for what you are than to be loved for what you are not. -Andre Gide

"Generosity is nothing else than a craze to possess. All which I abandon, all which I give, I enjoy in a higher manner through the fact that I give it away. To give is to enjoy possessively the object which one gives."

Invisibleblissedout
Male User Gallery

Loc: Yonder
    #3839736 - 02/27/05 02:10 AM (11 years, 9 months ago)

The subsrtrate was probabll still too warm in the center and possibly killed your spores. That is my 2 cents.

--------------------

:murray:

Invisiblep4kSouL
Animals Are Cool
Re: ummm wtf? [Re: blissedout]
    #3839746 - 02/27/05 02:13 AM (11 years, 9 months ago)

damn it!

Invisiblekorins
Antisocialite

Re: ummm wtf? [Re: blissedout]
    #3839757 - 02/27/05 02:22 AM (11 years, 9 months ago)

With 6 hours? That's odd--I've heard of someone waiting only 2.5 hours and having 100% success. I agree though, that it is either that, or bad syringes. Be more patient in the future, regardless, I guess. A few shaking sessions during the cooling (assuming grain) would accelerate the process by redistributing the warmer material to the outside for radiation.

Offlinehawksapprentice
Yearns to Snowboard
 User Gallery

Re: ummm wtf? [Re: korins]
    #3839773 - 02/27/05 02:28 AM (11 years, 9 months ago)

Korins got a good point. But, 6 hours should be enough if he was using pint jars, im taking a stab at that one. I usually wait 24hrs. But that really isn't totally necessary, just a good precaution. I would talk to Spores direct and see if they will hook you up. You should open one of the jars and see if they stink at all. Maybe you have a bacterial infection. But if there is obvious contams DO NOT SNIFF. My guess is that you dont have that though. All 18 jars show no growth. Thats odd.

--------------------

Edward Abbey

OfflineLethalX5
Male

Re: ummm wtf? [Re: GlassOnion]
    #3839796 - 02/27/05 02:37 AM (11 years, 9 months ago)

Quote:

GlassOnion said:
B+ has grown much slower for me... eq colonized far quicker

same thing for me. my B+ jars are still colonizing while i just cased my EQs

--------------------
"To get what you've never had, You must do what you've never done."

OfflineTantalus
Beyonddescription.
Re: ummm wtf? [Re: LethalX5]
    #3840161 - 02/27/05 05:51 AM (11 years, 9 months ago)

B+ have been one of AFOAF's favorites. Although I wonder about what strains actually are being grown with the trading and people getting prints mixed up.

B+ from a great vendor that is no longer with the shroomery did excellent and by far have the been the best all around. He got some prints marked B+ from a trader that had to have been EQ. (He's grown both before.) From the same trader he got EQ that wasn't EQ, but didn't look to be B+ either.

My hypothesis is that the strains that have been around longer have gotten more mixed up with this kind of trading. But they've also had more time for breeders to select the most desirable strains from them. (A cube is a cube is BS.)

--------------------
"A nation's hope of lasting peace cannot be firmly based upon any race in armaments but rather upon just relations and honest understanding with all other nations...

Every gun that is made, every warship launched, every rocket fired signifies, in the final sense, a theft from those who hunger and are not fed, those who are cold and are not clothed... The cost of one modern heavy bomber is this: a modern brick school in more than 30 cities. We pay for a single fighter with a half million bushels of wheat. We pay for a single destroyer with new homes that could have housed more than 8,000 people..."

President Dwight Eisenhower, 1953

Invisibleagar
old hand
 User Gallery

Loc: Somewhere Else
Trusted Cultivator
Re: ummm wtf? [Re: Tantalus]
    #3840170 - 02/27/05 05:55 AM (11 years, 9 months ago)

Quote:

Tantalus said: A cube is a cube is BS.

LOL......Yup......pure BS. :thumbup:

Like saying all weed is the same weed. :rolleyes:

--------------------

Offlinehawksapprentice
Yearns to Snowboard
 User Gallery

#3840171 - 02/27/05 05:56 AM (11 years, 9 months ago)

Its not total BS, they are all about the same in difficulty and growing parameters. Of course from strain to strain there are differences. But for a beginnng cultivator, i have not a single strain of cubensis that would be more prone to failure for him/her.

--------------------

Edward Abbey

OfflineTantalus
Beyonddescription.
    #3840191 - 02/27/05 06:25 AM (11 years, 9 months ago)

I have to disagree strongly there. Some are more prone to contam, some are more prone to overlay. Some do well colonizing at temps that some newbs here would say kill them. AFOAFs not 100% sure yet, but he even thinks some might even need less air exchange.

Then there are a few strains (in AFOAFs) experience that yeild so poorly or so low potency that they would discourage newbies.

If you're talking PF cakes, they're much harder to screw up, but my point stands.

Btw, after 6 hours, your cakes should barely be warm. What did they feel like when you innoced? Impossible to say for sure but it's more likely a bad syringe.

--------------------
"A nation's hope of lasting peace cannot be firmly based upon any race in armaments but rather upon just relations and honest understanding with all other nations...

Every gun that is made, every warship launched, every rocket fired signifies, in the final sense, a theft from those who hunger and are not fed, those who are cold and are not clothed... The cost of one modern heavy bomber is this: a modern brick school in more than 30 cities. We pay for a single fighter with a half million bushels of wheat. We pay for a single destroyer with new homes that could have housed more than 8,000 people..."

President Dwight Eisenhower, 1953

Offlinehawksapprentice
Yearns to Snowboard
 User Gallery

#3840209 - 02/27/05 06:35 AM (11 years, 9 months ago)

If you order a syringe from a shroomery sponsor, even a newb, and they follow the teks properly, they will succeed. Regardless of what strain of cubensis they choose. Maybe if you get a extremely degenerated strain from joe shmoe you will have more problems. But i have grown many many strains from numerous sponsors and put the strains through quite a bit of extreme conditions with excellent results. Not as good as if i was using optimal conditions, but was still able to have them succeed. And yes the different strains did exhibit different colonization rates and fruiting variables. But nothing that a person with half a brain cant figure out and solve. Bottom line is that anyone who does adequate research before cultivation and chooses a strain from a reliable vendor, will have results.

lol and on a second note, you regged. one day before me. funny stuff.

--------------------

Edward Abbey

Jump to top. Pages: 1 | 2 | Next >  [ show all ]

Amazon Shop for: ½ Pint Jars

Mushrooms, Mycology and Psychedelics >> Mushroom Cultivation