Home | Community | Message Board

Mycohaus
Please support our sponsors.

Mushrooms, Mycology and Psychedelics >> Mushroom Cultivation

Welcome to the Shroomery Message Board! You are experiencing a small sample of what the site has to offer. Please login or register to post messages and view our exclusive members-only content. You'll gain access to additional forums, file attachments, board customizations, encrypted private messages, and much more!

Amazon Shop: ½ Pint Jars

Jump to first unread post. Pages: 1
OfflineFINITE1
Stranger in aStrange Land
Getting ready to start!!!
    #3839451 - 02/27/05 12:47 AM (12 years, 7 months ago)

Yeah yeah, no big deal to you masters of the fungi right. Some more newb questions for ya here. I posted earlier about how it seemed that the cakes had shrunk inside the jars leaving a gap around the sides of them. Some suggested that I redo all of the jars but when emptying 2 of the jars the cakes seemed to be pretty moist. Almost like a sponge but would kinda hold the shape of then end of your finger if pressed on (outside and inside). So anyways I kept two of the jars and tossed out two. Before inoculating the two jars that I kept would it be ok to wipe down the outside of the jars with alcohol to stay clean? Using latex gloves that I just got at Wall-greens but they say "non-sterile", whats up with that. Should I sterilize them with alcohol before using them? As for the needle of the syringe would it be a good idea to dip in alcohol and then flame with a lighter? And last but not least, how many cc's per 1pnt jar (4 inoc. points) using a 12cc syringe? Would like to get as many jars out of a dozen inoculated. Thanks a bunch for all the help.

--------------------
I was there at the last concert in Chicago, Soldier Field actually. It was my first concert experience and the best time I have ever had. Little did I know it would be the last time I would see them play.

Post Extras: Print Post  Remind Me! Notify Moderator
Invisiblesmellycat
Stranger
 User Gallery
Re: Getting ready to start!!! [Re: FINITE1]
    #3839463 - 02/27/05 12:50 AM (12 years, 7 months ago)

Here is a tek that offers a pretty good pictorial description of how you should go about innoculating your jars. Check it out...
http://www.shroomery.org/index/par/26004

Post Extras: Print Post  Remind Me! Notify Moderator
Jump to top. Pages: 1

Amazon Shop: ½ Pint Jars

Mushrooms, Mycology and Psychedelics >> Mushroom Cultivation