Home | Community | Message Board

Shroom Supply
Please support our sponsors.

Mushrooms, Mycology and Psychedelics >> The Psychedelic Experience

Welcome to the Shroomery Message Board! You are experiencing a small sample of what the site has to offer. Please login or register to post messages and view our exclusive members-only content. You'll gain access to additional forums, file attachments, board customizations, encrypted private messages, and much more!

Jump to first unread post. Pages: 1
Offlineblackmyheart
Stranger
First time acid help
    #3838629 - 02/26/05 09:13 PM (11 years, 9 months ago)

So my friend, who is a pretty big drug user just got a sheet of good blotter acid spotted to him, from his buddy to sell around our school and whatnot, and he wants me to trip with him next week sometime. I'm quite interested in trying it, but I've been having bad anxiety problems with pretty much all drugs lately.
I took E for the first time about 3 months ago, and went about it really badly, and got a massive anxiety attack when it wore off (trouble breathing, bad thoughts, etc.) And since then I can't even smoke weed without getting a fairly uncomfortable amount of anxiety. (I don't really get anxiety on a normal day to day basis when not under the influence of anything, but I do sometimes when trying to get to sleep, assuming getting anxiety is a normal thing amongst some people?)
So I quit doing drugs for about 2 months, hoping it would wear off with time (the anxiety when pretty much doing any sort of drug, which I never got before, until I did E, which seemed to open some sort of window). So I downed an eigth of shrooms about a week ago, and had a pretty bad trip. I started getting really intense visuals, and got stuck in a thought loop which was pretty much my mind relating everything as being pointless, and was really, well, a hopeless and lonely sort of feeling. Thankfully my friend talked me out of it somewhat, and it was alright after that.
I was over all kind of bummed about the bad trip though, since all my past mushroom trips were amazing.

And last night I was at a party and smoked a bunch of weed, and did a bit of drinking, and I was totally fine, until I started sobering up, then I was getting some anxiety (bearable, but still uncomfortable)

So, in conclusion, I really want to try acid, and can get it right now dirt-cheap, for quality stuff. Sounds good right?
I was just wondering if there is any ways to combat the anxiety I'm surely to encounter. Such as will drinking before dropping help? What kind of setting I should be in, etc.
And if any of you have encountered this sort of thing, where you start getting bad anxiety using drugs after a bad trip? And how you dealt with it, if you did.

Thanks.

Post Extras: Print Post  Remind Me! Notify Moderator
OfflineBeenHereNow
Please don'tsqueeze theShaman
Re: First time acid help [Re: blackmyheart]
    #3838637 - 02/26/05 09:16 PM (11 years, 9 months ago)

I wouldn't recommend it given your mental state. Not worth it. Focus on getting healthy and leave the candy for later.

Offlinelemon_lw
Stranger
 Arcade Champion: Rotation

Loc: That Way
    #3838670 - 02/26/05 09:26 PM (11 years, 9 months ago)

it seems to me you hit the drugs to hard. the first time you do a drug you should take it easy to get the feel for it. if you take something that is mind altering without at least arming yourself with knowledge then you are bound to have negative reactions. so i think you need to start off going easy with your drugs before ever deciding to indulge in another harder drug, and once you are able to smoke weed without anxiety attacks then maybe up yourself to a low dose of a psychedelic. this is going to be a painstaking process for you but i feel youll need these steps. and if your mind isnt fully developed it could be part of the problem. you have fucked yourself to be honest, drugs are not to be fooled around with my friend. the only true advice i can give you is to remember its all in your head.

--------------------
In the belly of the Leviathan, one can either despair and perish, or be cheerful and persevere.-Dean Koontz

Edited by lemon_lw (02/26/05 09:27 PM)

Offlineblackmyheart
Stranger
Re: First time acid help [Re: lemon_lw]
    #3838700 - 02/26/05 09:33 PM (11 years, 9 months ago)

I haven't really 'hit' the drugs that hard at all.

I used to smoke a lot of weed and hardly do that anymore, I've done shrooms 3 times. (1 gram, 2grams, 3.5) And I did one cap of E.
Those are only the drugs I've ever done, just the E messed up my drug experiences, I'm fine on a day to day basis.

So I don't know if I could consider that "fucking myself", but yeah, I was just wondering if there was a way to get back the comfortableness of druguse before I did the E. It seems to be slowly getting better, but yeah. I guess I'm just impatient, and was wondering if there was a way of speeding this process up a bit.

Offlineaustin_72283
Mr. or Sir
Male

Loc: west
    #3839400 - 02/27/05 12:34 AM (11 years, 9 months ago)

SHROOMS a light shroom dosage should help or just take a xanex

--------------------
a job worth doing is a job worth doing right.

Offlinedukeofgonzo
Foolish Hunter
Re: First time acid help [Re: austin_72283]
    #3839502 - 02/27/05 01:03 AM (11 years, 9 months ago)

Maybe your just not the type of people who enjoy pyschadelic. Everytime I've seen somebody have a bad trip is because they want to control everything, which usually leads to anxiety. The best thing to do is let go and just say fuck it.

If your dieing to do any drug, you'd probably be better off with stimulants like coke or meth. They seem to be favored by control type people.

--------------------
I have found the promise land of psychadelia; and that land is MEXICO.

OfflineMeThoD
MeThoD

Re: First time acid help [Re: dukeofgonzo]
    #3841379 - 02/27/05 03:19 PM (11 years, 9 months ago)

Just let the trip come. Acid isn't intense, you just get really high and laugh and stuff alot... and see some things here and there. If you're worrying about dropping, don't. But I'm telling you, there's nothing to be worried about.

I had a long time convincing myself that after a bad shroom trip, but I got over it, and did acid for the first time yesterday, and it was great... except I got shitty acid.

--------------------
Every empty bowl must be filled, and a full bowl must always be emptied.

InvisibleHelp on the Way
Slipknot420

Loc: Another World
Re: First time acid help [Re: MeThoD]
    #3841934 - 02/27/05 05:34 PM (11 years, 9 months ago)

Quote:

MeThoD said:
Acid isn't intense

uh........................

--------------------
:shocked: *Divine Moments of Truth* :shocked:

"Limitless undying love which shines around me like a million suns - it calls me on and on across the universe" ~ John Lennon

"Once in a while you get shown the light in the strangest of places if you look at it right" ~The Grateful Dead

"Religionists, with their guaranteed eventual paradise, of which they know nothing, taking it all on 'faith,' can't be expected to understand or sympathize with those with a yen to storm the Gate of Heaven and see for themselves what all the praying's about!" ~Robert Hunter

OfflineGomp
¡(Bound to·(O))be free!
Male User Gallery

Loc: I re·side [primarily] in...
Re: First time acid help [Re: Help on the Way]
    #3842087 - 02/27/05 05:59 PM (11 years, 9 months ago)

id say dont do it, unless you fear if doing it, is not.  if any :wink: happy tripping! for whatever it is worth, i will always be here. hahahah :smile:

:sun: mind as space in matter. koko

--------------------

--------------------
Disclaimer!?

OfflineMeThoD
MeThoD

Re: First time acid help [Re: Help on the Way]
    #3844700 - 02/28/05 01:08 AM (11 years, 9 months ago)

Quote:

Slipknot420 said:
Quote:

MeThoD said:
Acid isn't intense

uh........................

As compared to shrooms... it feels alot less intense, I feel alot more relaxed, and I love every second of it.

--------------------

OfflineMeThoD
MeThoD

#3844812 - 02/28/05 01:22 AM (11 years, 9 months ago)

I have a bit of a theory. I think that how people experience acid has to do with what they think it will be before they first take it. If you think it will be laid back and relaxed, it will, and if you think it will be hella intense, it will be.

I can't say I've fully tripped on acid, but from what I've experienced, it's easier than a shroom trip. Many people I know can't take shrooms for fears of bad trips but regularily take acid, and others think shrooms are mellowed out compared to acid.

--------------------

Offlinethe free thinker
salesman
Male User Gallery

Loc: twin cities
    #3849211 - 02/28/05 11:15 PM (11 years, 9 months ago)

^^ Acid is still DAMN intense... I think it's more intense than shrooms, but that's just me. Diff'rent strokes for diff'rent folks.

To the original poster - Buy the acid now, eat it later. Wait till you're in a better mental state.

--------------------

Invisiblemecreateme
YoUisMEEMsiUoY
Male User Gallery

Loc: Memphrica
    #3849247 - 02/28/05 11:23 PM (11 years, 9 months ago)

Sorry.
I don't think you have enough experience to say that acid isn't intense.
Your theory should extend to shrooms as well as acid. Whatever you go into the trip thinking it will be like is a factor always with psychedelics. However, that is not to say it will be like what you expect. In fact, it won't be what you expect at all.

You go ahead and just get high and laugh and stuff. I'll take my universe making, earth shattering, acid trips and go be all mystical. :crazy2:

--------------------
No ONE wants to know the ultimate TRUTH, as soon as YOU find IT out, YOU want to forget IT.

You are everything's way of feeling itself.

Happy Schwag, everygodly!

Invisiblekake
The answer to1984 is 1776.
Male User Gallery

Folding@home Statistics
Loc: The 66th harmonic
Re: First time acid help [Re: mecreateme]
    #3849336 - 02/28/05 11:47 PM (11 years, 9 months ago)

I agree...theres few ways to argue that acid isn't intense. Maybe at very small doses it's a good "laugh'n'high", wait'll you eat too much and think your best friends you've known for 10 years are all out to get you, and try to tell me thats not intense.

acid is very powerful and should not be underestimated. the key is knowing this, and preparing yourself well enough to enjoy every aspect of its power. if you don't feel right about it, don't do it.

--------------------
The answer to 1984 is 1776.

Offlinebaraka
Male User Gallery

Folding@home Statistics
Loc: ohio
    #3849580 - 03/01/05 12:27 AM (11 years, 9 months ago)

I find mushrooms less overwhelming.  I dont know if i would say intense :smile:.

--------------------
This is the only time I really feel alive.

OfflineMeThoD
MeThoD

Re: First time acid help [Re: baraka]
    #3849689 - 03/01/05 01:00 AM (11 years, 9 months ago)

Yeah, I'm not experienced enough with acid to say it isn't intense. The word I was looking for was overwhelming. Shroom trips can be sometimes.

And I'm not just about the laughing trips either... I like to see my world to be completely different, and I love philosiphising when I'm tripping. I've yet to trip on acid though, I may do so this weekend. If I do, you guys will definitely hear from me.

--------------------

OfflineRJLR
No greater love
 User Gallery

Loc: France, keepin' tabs with...
    #3850876 - 03/01/05 08:16 AM (11 years, 9 months ago)

This cat that want's you to take it with him, do you know him well... if so and you feel safe and your not going to be some place you feel uncomfortable... and you take a small amount even if your friend says you can handle it, take half or less so that you know what your in for and you build up confidence... and if your feeling at all uneasy then don't do, the idea is to enjoy your self, and you will when you feel good about your self.
Take care!!

--------------------
Gotta to spread the word about:
http://www.johnnyganjaseed.com/johnny.htm

Jump to top. Pages: 1

Mushrooms, Mycology and Psychedelics >> The Psychedelic Experience