Home | Community | Message Board

Out-Grow.com - Mushroom Growing Kits & Supplies
Please support our sponsors.

Mushrooms, Mycology and Psychedelics >> Mushroom Cultivation

Welcome to the Shroomery Message Board! You are experiencing a small sample of what the site has to offer. Please login or register to post messages and view our exclusive members-only content. You'll gain access to additional forums, file attachments, board customizations, encrypted private messages, and much more!

Amazon Shop for: Air Pump, Grow Light

Jump to first unread post. Pages: 1
OfflineIGnosticAbhorI
Stranger-er

Heat lamp
    #3838497 - 02/26/05 08:35 PM (11 years, 9 months ago)

Wanted to put casings in my dad's 55gal tank. Gonna basically turn it into a big ass PmP (thankx magash :wink:
I'm not sure how most people go about heating these things, I know that you can use a fishtank heater for the TiT, but i couldn't do that with a PmP, so I was thinking about using a grow light instead, I'd put up a grow light and a blue light right next to it, Is this a bad idea for heating? I don't want to distrube heat incorrectly and mess something up, that'd suck.

Gonna be going shiitake in some casings and p.cubes in another :p

Anyways, i'm trying to make it fully automated, i've got 2 long (donno the length exactly, about as long as the tank), and ive got a brand new air pump that has 2 connectors on it and i'm going to be ooking into humidifers soon, might get a hydrogmeter(sp?), but then again, where i live, it's easy to tell the humidity, it's always humid here :smirk:

Any input on anything is def. a + , thankx for the help or the flaming :smirk:

-Gnostic

Post Extras: Print Post  Remind Me! Notify Moderator
Offlinebrewwhaha1
Stranger thanmost
Re: Heat lamp [Re: IGnosticAbhorI]
    #3839209 - 02/26/05 11:53 PM (11 years, 9 months ago)

They have special reptile thermostats at good pet stores. you can plug a heat source directly into this. when its below your desired set point the heater will turn on. turn off when it reaches your temp. comes with a remote sensor for reading the temp. you can buy an infared bulb lowest watage possable or get a ceramic heater. both of these will screw into a standard light socket. (make sure you buy a ceramic one and connect it to a dollar store extension cord) this is kinda exspensive thermostate 60 bucks infared light 3 bucks and ceramic heater 30 bucks. but its well worth the cash if you want to do it right. the nice thing about heat lamps is with the reptile thermostate is that it will cycle itself on and off quickly so your temp wont vary by much.

OfflineIGnosticAbhorI
Stranger-er

Re: Heat lamp [Re: brewwhaha1]
    #3839764 - 02/27/05 02:25 AM (11 years, 9 months ago)

I like that, kinda of like those badass automated pc's :thumbup:

Do they have special lids for them? I think that the rising heat might damage my fish tank lid....?

-Gnostic

Jump to top. Pages: 1

Amazon Shop for: Air Pump, Grow Light

Mushrooms, Mycology and Psychedelics >> Mushroom Cultivation