Home | Community | Message Board

The Spore Depot
Please support our sponsors.

Mushrooms, Mycology and Psychedelics >> Mushroom Cultivation

Welcome to the Shroomery Message Board! You are experiencing a small sample of what the site has to offer. Please login or register to post messages and view our exclusive members-only content. You'll gain access to additional forums, file attachments, board customizations, encrypted private messages, and much more!

Amazon Shop for: Portable Greenhouse

Jump to first unread post. Pages: 1
Underground air exchange
    #3838404 - 02/26/05 08:14 PM (11 years, 7 months ago)

Okay i was going to put a fruiting chamber underground, however i need a way to keep the air exchange going.I was going to take all the dirt that i dug out of the hole and put it in a mound beside it. then run a giant hose through the center of the mound into the fruiting chamber side. On the other side of the chamber i was going to put another hole less elevated. I wont directly put the hoses into the chamber just enough so it will make air flow through. Also i was going to Insulate the sides to keep warmth in. And have a see through lid to provide somewhat of a greenhouse effect warming the top portion of the chamber, while a false bottom is put on top of the colonizing fruiting bags. I forgot to mention only fruiting bags will be in the chamber.
I got the air exchange idea from praire dogs, because of how they build their mounds for fresh air exchange:-)
I wont be starting this project until Spring. But i will take pictures soon of the fruiting chamber and the air exchange system. And provide a few experiments to prove that there is air flow occuring.

Post Extras: Print Post  Remind Me! Notify Moderator
Jump to top. Pages: 1

Amazon Shop for: Portable Greenhouse

Mushrooms, Mycology and Psychedelics >> Mushroom Cultivation