Home | Community | Message Board

Magic-Mushrooms-Shop.com
Please support our sponsors.

Community >> The Pub

Welcome to the Shroomery Message Board! You are experiencing a small sample of what the site has to offer. Please login or register to post messages and view our exclusive members-only content. You'll gain access to additional forums, file attachments, board customizations, encrypted private messages, and much more!

Jump to first unread post. Pages: 1
InvisibleZippoZM
Knomadic
 User Gallery

Loc: Pongyang, North Korea
LOOKY HERE!!!!! MY Job in a nutshell
    #3838214 - 02/26/05 07:36 PM (12 years, 4 months ago)

oh yeah, im going out to sell em tonight... around $35 a piece for the nice inside out color changers, and the others are cheaper

--------------------
PEACE

:mushroom2:zippoz:mushroom2:

"in times of widespread chaos and confusion, it has been the duty of more advanced human beings - artists, scientists, clowns, and philosophers - to create order. In such times as ours however, when there is too much order, too much m management, too much programming and control, it becomes the duty of superior men and women and women to fling their favorite monkey wrenches into the machinery. To relieve the repression of the human spirit, they must sow doubt and disruption"

"People do it every day, they talk to themselves ... they see themselves as they'd like to be, they don't have the courage you have, to just run with it."

Post Extras: Print Post  Remind Me! Notify Moderator
InvisibleCorporal Kielbasa
 User Gallery

Re: LOOKY HERE!!!!! MY Job in a nutshell [Re: ZippoZ]
    #3838246 - 02/26/05 07:43 PM (12 years, 4 months ago)

those are very unique never seen one like them before.

--------------------

InvisibleZippoZM
Knomadic
 User Gallery

Re: LOOKY HERE!!!!! MY Job in a nutshell [Re: Corporal Kielbasa]
    #3838282 - 02/26/05 07:49 PM (12 years, 4 months ago)

kinda misshaped, i havent gotten the whole shape thingy down.... but yeah its the wasiest way to make i/o pipes. just dab the color on the inside of the glass. and if you use the right colors, they will fume, and leave the blue colorchanging tints that you cant see in the picture... :smile:

--------------------
PEACE

"in times of widespread chaos and confusion, it has been the duty of more advanced human beings - artists, scientists, clowns, and philosophers - to create order. In such times as ours however, when there is too much order, too much m management, too much programming and control, it becomes the duty of superior men and women and women to fling their favorite monkey wrenches into the machinery. To relieve the repression of the human spirit, they must sow doubt and disruption"

"People do it every day, they talk to themselves ... they see themselves as they'd like to be, they don't have the courage you have, to just run with it."

User Gallery

#3838288 - 02/26/05 07:51 PM (12 years, 4 months ago)

a tech thats neat is fuming first then doting with a clear or semi clear color. then burning the fume off so that the fuming is only the dots.

--------------------

OfflineCaRnAgECaNdYS
Tool's groupie
Female User Gallery

Loc: Billy Howerdel's closet Flag
    #3838294 - 02/26/05 07:52 PM (12 years, 4 months ago)

I want one!

--------------------

The secret to being funny is to say smart things stupidly, or is it stupid things smartly? Whatever..it's not rocket surgery...or something like that.

InvisibleLe_Canard
The Duk Abides

Loc: Earthfarm 1 Flag
    #3838308 - 02/26/05 07:55 PM (12 years, 4 months ago)

Nice pieces! And worth every penny. You and Psychotron should get together and trade notes...

InvisibleZippoZM
Knomadic
 User Gallery

Re: LOOKY HERE!!!!! MY Job in a nutshell [Re: CaRnAgECaNdY]
    #3838316 - 02/26/05 07:56 PM (12 years, 4 months ago)

interesting, im not too goow with fuming, but im going to be buying some silver coins probably monday and some fresh tube too.

if only i knew somewher in chicago to get supplies. i lost my glass knife too and its a bitch to flame cut all the 1/4 inch think tube i have been using...

--------------------
PEACE

User Gallery

#3838373 - 02/26/05 08:06 PM (12 years, 4 months ago)

im lucky enough to have to distributers within 45 minutes from me

--------------------

InvisibleZippoZM
Knomadic
 User Gallery

#3838396 - 02/26/05 08:11 PM (12 years, 4 months ago)

i used to live 2.2 miles from ring of fire in milwaukee , now thats a tight shop. i know that there are a few in chicago, just not where....

--------------------
PEACE

OfflineLouisSkolnick
nerd
Male

Folding@home Statistics
Loc: USA
    #3838618 - 02/26/05 09:10 PM (12 years, 4 months ago)

Quote:

zippoz said:
interesting, im not too goow with fuming, but im going to be buying some silver coins probably monday and some fresh tube too.

if only i knew somewher in chicago to get supplies. i lost my glass knife too and its a bitch to flame cut all the 1/4 inch think tube i have been using...

i got ya covered on the silver. this should last you a looooooonng while. the little bit gone off the corner lasted me quite a few months.

--------------------

Offlinedelta9
Active Ingredient
Male Arcade Champion: Plumber

Loc: California
Re: LOOKY HERE!!!!! MY Job in a nutshell [Re: LouisSkolnick]
    #3838634 - 02/26/05 09:15 PM (12 years, 4 months ago)

I'm all for supporting local glass blowers, and I'm certainly all for you doing well, but do you think it is really "right" to sell those admittedly misshapen pieces for $35? Maybe it's just Berkeley, but none of those pieces would (at least with the picture here) go for $35 in head shops around there, and local blowers are usually cheaper...

But I do want you to do well, make no mistake, and I am sure people will pay it. I am more asking if I just get lucky by always getting cheaper from the blower or if you do that too, when you can?

--------------------
delta9

InvisibleZippoZM
Knomadic
 User Gallery

Re: LOOKY HERE!!!!! MY Job in a nutshell [Re: delta9]
    #3838652 - 02/26/05 09:21 PM (12 years, 4 months ago)

well there are a few considerations here in why i price them that way.
1. a color changing i/o pipe of those types go for around $50 out here in the chicago land area from what i have seen so i do sell them cheaperthan the stores.

2. if i did them too cheap id be a lowballer and lower the "Value" of other peoples work. and that isnt good for anyone. a glass blower friend of mine and i had a conversatin about this once.

3. normally i cut deals with people, on some of the pipes, or if they get 2

4. perhaps the most important reason of all... I'm fucking broke!

--------------------
PEACE

Offlinedelta9
Active Ingredient
Male Arcade Champion: Plumber

Loc: California
    #3838663 - 02/26/05 09:25 PM (12 years, 4 months ago)

Well, if it's less than the headshops sell in your area, then it's exactly what I am talking about :thumbup:

... take it as a tip to not charge that in Berkeley :tongue: ...

--------------------
delta9

InvisibleZippoZM
Knomadic
 User Gallery

#3838821 - 02/26/05 10:10 PM (12 years, 4 months ago)

yeah cali prices and chicago prices are wayy different, its like that out here because in most towns glass pipes are illegal :frown: and as it seems you can only get them in joliet or the city

--------------------
PEACE

Offlined33p
Welcome to Violence

Loc: the shores of Tripoli
    #3838918 - 02/26/05 10:44 PM (12 years, 4 months ago)

Gas stations in Miami have recently started to sell glass pipes similar to those for $10 and bongs for around $25. With the government cracking down on glassware it always surprised me.

--------------------
I'm a nihilist. Lets be friends.

bang bang

OfflineCaRnAgECaNdYS
Tool's groupie
Female User Gallery

Loc: Billy Howerdel's closet Flag
    #3838963 - 02/26/05 10:54 PM (12 years, 4 months ago)

Quote:

zippoz said:
yeah cali prices and chicago prices are wayy different, its like that out here because in most towns glass pipes are illegal :frown: and as it seems you can only get them in joliet or the city

They are very different. I'd buy one for that price. I'm not going to Chicago anytime soon and although I live decently close to Joliet, I don't have a car to get there. So you can hand deliver one to me.  :wink:

--------------------

The secret to being funny is to say smart things stupidly, or is it stupid things smartly? Whatever..it's not rocket surgery...or something like that.

Invisiblebuckwheat
Cynically Insane

Loc: Not Enough Characters to ...
Re: LOOKY HERE!!!!! MY Job in a nutshell [Re: d33p]
    #3839097 - 02/26/05 11:31 PM (12 years, 4 months ago)

Quote:

d33p said:
Gas stations in Miami have recently started to sell glass pipes similar to those for $10 and bongs for around $25. With the government cracking down on glassware it always surprised me.

Same here in orlando. they are dirt cheap cause they are imports.its better to support local glass blowers :thumbup: in times like these with opperation pipes dreams and all,

InvisibleZippoZM
Knomadic
 User Gallery

Re: LOOKY HERE!!!!! MY Job in a nutshell [Re: buckwheat]
    #3839388 - 02/27/05 12:31 AM (12 years, 4 months ago)

yeah i figured out in orlando youre getting pipes form overseas. i know that i actually veny my toxic fumes away form the public un-like some of the other overseas operations tat have no respect for life... or the wages of their workers...

im local :smile: and i made em. thats value :smile:

i got my case o pipes all set to go out to some party 'in chicago. i think its in the hood though... i might not bring out the glass if the crowd's not right. some times you have to take security into consideration.

one party i was sellin pipes at was shuttin down for the night. i sood in the hallway in the corner where 2 hallways met with my case open trying to sell the last pipe i had. well noone was buyin it, and when i looked up, there were 2 of chicago's finest comin to make sure the party was reallly over. they saw my case, looked me in the eye, and said "leave" and i was gone.

it seems every party i go to gets busted at around 4 am... maybee its the few thousand watt sterio systems hooked up to the turntables? !

--------------------
PEACE

Invisiblebuckwheat
Cynically Insane

Loc: Not Enough Characters to ...
    #3839458 - 02/27/05 12:48 AM (12 years, 4 months ago)

yea dude its ridiculos how they are under cutting the market. i saw a 8 dollar inside out spoon at that gas staton :eek:.

InvisibleZippoZM
Knomadic
 User Gallery

Re: LOOKY HERE!!!!! MY Job in a nutshell [Re: buckwheat]
    #3840410 - 02/27/05 09:21 AM (12 years, 4 months ago)

yeah fuck that, i sold like 4 or 5 pipes and made about 80 from it... slow night and i sitll have all the i/o color changing pipes.

--------------------
PEACE

Jump to top. Pages: 1

Community >> The Pub