Home | Community | Message Board

MushroomMan Mycology
This site includes paid links. Please support our sponsors.

Welcome to the Shroomery Message Board! You are experiencing a small sample of what the site has to offer. Please login or register to post messages and view our exclusive members-only content. You'll gain access to additional forums, file attachments, board customizations, encrypted private messages, and much more!

Shop: Left Coast Kratom Buy Kratom Extract   North Spore Bulk Substrate   Bridgetown Botanicals CBD Concentrates   MagicBag.co Certified Organic All-In-One Grow Bags by Magic Bag   Mushroom-Hut Liquid Cultures   PhytoExtractum Buy Bali Kratom Powder   Myyco.com Isolated Cubensis Liquid Culture For Sale

Jump to first unread post Pages: 1
Some of these posts are very old and might contain outdated information. You may wish to search for newer posts instead.
OfflineAgent86
Stranger thanever
identifying psyli's
    #3837055 - 02/26/05 01:03 PM (19 years, 1 month ago)

first of all I'm new to the board so HELLO i already put a little time into reading the board so i hope i won't ask any redundant or bannable questions. second agent 86 for those of you old enough to remember is from get smart, so i can assure you I'm not a ANYTHING in blue!! now with the formalities out of the way on to my question...I've read that i can use Metol to see if i have the correct 'shroom but i am unable to find any in my area is it possible to use something else such as Microdol or B or D-76? When taking spore prints is anything black ok to eat? im more concerned about eating one and living than getting a buzz :grin:

Edited by Agent86 (02/26/05 01:23 PM)

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Invisiblespores
haploid
 User Gallery

Loc: Washington
Re: identifying psyli's [Re: Agent86]
    #3837125 - 02/26/05 01:19 PM (19 years, 1 month ago)

I'm not too familiar with the use of metol, I've heard of it, but I dunno what it's all about. I didn't think there was a conclusive field test for the presence of psiloc(yb)in. if there was I would think it would be used by law enforcement, and I'm pretty sure they don't have one.

as far as I know, there are no shortcuts or ways to get around learning how to ID mushrooms based on macroscopic physical characteristics.

DH

Invisiblespores
haploid
 User Gallery

Loc: Washington
    #3837159 - 02/26/05 01:29 PM (19 years, 1 month ago)

I see you added a little.

there are relatively few psychoactive mushrooms with black spores and a large number that are useless, toxic or edible. I don't think any are deadly poisonous, but they're not worth experimenting with if you don't know what you're doing, odds are they're not what you're looking for. if you post a description and some pics/scans we can help you ID them though.

DH

Invisiblemjshroomer
Sage
Loc: gone with my shrooms
Re: identifying psyli's [Re: spores]
    #3837169 - 02/26/05 01:31 PM (19 years, 1 month ago)

There are 13 species of Copelandia and approximately 11 species of Panaeolus mushrooms with black spores which are psilocybian mushrooms.

They mostly appear in manure or manure related grasses in lawns/and/or pasturelands.

panaeolus subbalteatus is a cross over species more comon in rotted hay than in manure.

mj

OfflineAgent86
Stranger thanever
Re: identifying psyli's [Re: spores]
    #3837182 - 02/26/05 01:35 PM (19 years, 1 month ago)

LOL yes just a little....that's why i asked about metol that would be an easy fail safe method.I'm still researching I'm pretty confident i will find some its just going to take time like the saying goes its the journey not the destination.

OfflineToxicManM
Bite me, it's fun!
 User Gallery

Loc: Aurora, Colorado
Trusted Identifier
    #3837562 - 02/26/05 02:54 PM (19 years, 1 month ago)

Metol will give false positives, one of the reasons law enforcement hasn't adopted it. Also, Metol is pretty toxic stuff. Anything you get some on should be considered poisonous and should *not* be eaten, even if you cut off the parts you put the Metol on. It will flow through the mushroom some and there will contamination. It's even nasty enough (like most photo developers) that you should avoid allowing any to touch your skin. The fact that using Metol is not in wide practice is a good hint that it isn't as useful as those old texts make it sound.

Identifying mushrooms is far safer. Read and study and you will be able to identify the mushrooms you are interested in. Of course, learning to identify all the mushrooms you find is a much more difficult task. If you focus on the species you're interested in you can learn fairly quickly.

Happy mushrooming!

--------------------
Happy mushrooming!

Jump to top Pages: 1

Shop: Left Coast Kratom Buy Kratom Extract   North Spore Bulk Substrate   Bridgetown Botanicals CBD Concentrates   MagicBag.co Certified Organic All-In-One Grow Bags by Magic Bag   Mushroom-Hut Liquid Cultures   PhytoExtractum Buy Bali Kratom Powder   Myyco.com Isolated Cubensis Liquid Culture For Sale