Home | Community | Message Board

This site includes paid links. Please support our sponsors.

Welcome to the Shroomery Message Board! You are experiencing a small sample of what the site has to offer. Please login or register to post messages and view our exclusive members-only content. You'll gain access to additional forums, file attachments, board customizations, encrypted private messages, and much more!

Shop: PhytoExtractum Kratom Powder for Sale   MagicBag.co Certified Organic All-In-One Grow Bags by Magic Bag   Left Coast Kratom Kratom Powder For Sale   North Spore North Spore Mushroom Grow Kits & Cultivation Supplies   Bridgetown Botanicals CBD Concentrates   Original Sensible Seeds Bulk Cannabis Seeds

Jump to first unread post Pages: 1
Some of these posts are very old and might contain outdated information. You may wish to search for newer posts instead.
InvisibleLibertycapper
Doctor Banner
 User Gallery

Loc: British Columbia
Best ways of Preservation?
    #3836472 - 02/26/05 10:55 AM (19 years, 1 month ago)

i have read all the info available from the shroomery, erowid and the mycotopia pages and am still unsure if I am storing the shrooms I grow proplerly. IAll i am doing is fanning them for 24-48 hours and then drying them further in a desiccant chamber for about 24 hours and finally putting them in a zip-lock bag with some paper towel wrapped desiccant into a metal canister with a snap down lid. Does anyone out there know if they will remain potent for some months to come or less than that? Cheers!

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
InvisibleHolydiver
Stranger
 User Gallery

Folding@home Statistics
Loc: The midnight sea
Trusted Cultivator
Re: Best ways of Preservation? [Re: Libertycapper]
    #3836494 - 02/26/05 11:02 AM (19 years, 1 month ago)

Plastic is ok for short term, but eventually air will get to them. Unsure about your metal container. My preferred way to store them is cracker dry and ground to powder inside a glass jar, 1/2, 1 pint or 1 quart, depending on how much you're storing. They don't even need to be in a baggie if stored inside glass w/ retainer ring and metal lid on tight.

They will last for YEARS this way, up to 5 years and very possibly much, much longer.

If you want to go a step further you can grind them to powder, then pack tight inside a jar. Excellent way to store them, less conspicuous also.

--------------------
To find a place to live between the negatives and positives.

OfflineBdon
Stranger
Re: Best ways of Preservation? [Re: Holydiver]
    #3836714 - 02/26/05 11:56 AM (19 years, 1 month ago)

sorry for jacking this thread, but I have nearly the same question. is it good to keep them in the fridge? I just picked mine and I plan on keeping them about a month. right now they are in a plastic bag, in the fridge. I also heard i should move them to the freezer

Offlinepenlight438094
1 spliff 16.1g +1 man alone =Blitzed!

Re: Best ways of Preservation? [Re: Bdon]
    #3836729 - 02/26/05 11:59 AM (19 years, 1 month ago)

no freezer, unless you like shroom pudding, cause they will turn to goo when you take them out, if you are storing for a month wet they won't last no matter what you do, and make sure if they are in the fridge that they are in a paper bag, not a plastic one or they will rot. my advice is to point a fan at them in the corner of your room and dry the untill the can be crumbeled to dust by hand, then glass or plastic can store at room temp, got this

--------------------
Grown on Uncle Ben's 5 Minute Rice
Looks nice, Think again, read and see http://www.shroomery.org/forums/showflat.php/Cat/0/Number/3576624/an/0/page/0

OfflineBdon
Stranger
Re: Best ways of Preservation? [Re: penlight438094]
    #3837075 - 02/26/05 01:06 PM (19 years, 1 month ago)

ok ok. Well most of mine crack so I assume those are dry enough, but I have some that arent quite cracker dry, will it make a difference if they have a little water in them? and then at room temp in an air-tight container, how long would they last?

Anonymous

Post deleted by Anno [Re: Bdon]
    #3837091 - 02/26/05 01:10 PM (19 years, 1 month ago)

Offlinescatmanrav
Brainy Smurf

Loc: Flag
Trusted Cultivator
Re: Best ways of Preservation? [Re: ]
    #3837102 - 02/26/05 01:13 PM (19 years, 1 month ago)

" will it make a difference if they have a little water in them? "

A huge difference

" and then at room temp in an air-tight container, how long would they last?"

With a little water in them? A week or few? Month or so maybe? If CRACKER dry....a few years.

"Cant you dry them and put them in an air sealer? They use pretty good industry thick plastic and seem to vacuum and seal rather well. "

Thats airtight right? Then wouldnt your answer be yes? (Hint: yes)

--------------------
"life is like a drop of rain getting closer and closer to falling into a lake, and then when you hit the lake there is no more rain drop, only the lake."

Growing with bags, start to finish (including my new grain and substrate prep)
Anyone looking to start bulk tubs/mono tubs/shotgun hybrids? Good tubs to use..
How I do grain (old still good tips)
Turn your closet into a fruiting chamber
Casing layer colonization and overlay

Jump to top Pages: 1

Shop: PhytoExtractum Kratom Powder for Sale   MagicBag.co Certified Organic All-In-One Grow Bags by Magic Bag   Left Coast Kratom Kratom Powder For Sale   North Spore North Spore Mushroom Grow Kits & Cultivation Supplies   Bridgetown Botanicals CBD Concentrates   Original Sensible Seeds Bulk Cannabis Seeds