Home | Community | Message Board

FreeSpores.com
Please support our sponsors.

Feedback and Administration >> Shroomery News Service

Welcome to the Shroomery Message Board! You are experiencing a small sample of what the site has to offer. Please login or register to post messages and view our exclusive members-only content. You'll gain access to additional forums, file attachments, board customizations, encrypted private messages, and much more!

Amazon Shop for: Morning Glory Seeds

Jump to first unread post. Pages: 1
Invisibleveggie

Bill targets plant hallucinogens [LA]
    #3836421 - 02/26/05 12:40 PM (11 years, 9 months ago)

Bill targets plant hallucinogens
Using them for 'high' would become crime
February 26, 2005
Times-Picayune

BATON ROUGE -- Legislation that would make it a crime to own or sell products that contain hallucinogenic plants such as angel's trumpet or periwinkle was filed late Friday by Rep. Michael Strain, R-Covington.

He said House Bill 20 would not make it a crime to sell the plants for garden use or grow them in a garden, but it would outlaw the plants, extracts or seeds being used "for human consumption."

Last summer, there were reports of young people in the New Orleans area who drank tea or ate food containing angel's trumpet and later became extremely ill, Strain said.

Strain, a veterinarian, said his bill contains a list of 40 plants that can be mixed in a drink, eaten, snorted or ingested to cause a high similar to an LSD trip. The list includes morning glory as well as mushrooms and other plants indigenous to Mexico and Africa that, when ingested by humans, can have a hallucinogenic effect.

"These are deadly poisons, and most are extremely toxic," Strain said. "We don't want our people exposed to these things."

The bill sets out a penalty of two years to 10 years in jail, and a fine of as much as $20,000 for anyone who intentionally produced or distributed products containing the plants for human consumption. Anyone convicted of having the hallucinogenic plants -- or their ingredients -- for human consumption could be sentenced to five years in jail, a $5,000 fine or both.

Owning, planting, growing and picking the plants for aesthetic, landscaping or decorative purposes "would not be a violation of the law," he said. "Just don't grind them up and sell them to people."

Post Extras: Print Post  Remind Me! Notify Moderator
OfflineLegoulash
Stranger
 User Gallery
Re: Bill targets plant hallucinogens [LA] [Re: veggie]
    #3836540 - 02/26/05 01:13 PM (11 years, 9 months ago)

I love Canada.

Invisiblegdman
badger, badger,badger...
Male User Gallery

Loc: Dancing In the Streets
    #3836554 - 02/26/05 01:16 PM (11 years, 9 months ago)

and so it goes, and so it goes  :crazy:.

What we need is a good education system, people group totally diffrent plants together like jimsonweed and Pedro and say they all have "LSD like effects". Maybe if people knew a little something they would not freak out and feel obliged to ban everything that altered your perception.

--------------------

Got a question about a substance?  Erowid might already have your answer! Have questions about the  mushroom experience? The  Tripper's FAQ may have your answer or someone else might have had your question before.

I know up on the top you are seeing great sights, but down at the bottom we, too, should have rights.
  - Theodor Seuss Geisel Dr. Suess

"I didn't come here to be easily understood" - Steve

InvisibleRavus
Not an EggshellWalker
 User Gallery

Loc: Cave of the Patriarchs
    #3836563 - 02/26/05 01:19 PM (11 years, 9 months ago)

Datura similar to an LSD trip? Man, I've got to get my hands on some of that!  :crazy:

Seeing as LSD's so relatively scarce, they should just start selling atrophine and scopolamine on the streets to meet the demand. No one would know the difference, and datura grows wild as a weed in some parts of the country.

--------------------
So long as you are praised think only that you are not yet on your own path but on that of another.

Jump to top. Pages: 1

Amazon Shop for: Morning Glory Seeds

Feedback and Administration >> Shroomery News Service