Home | Community | Message Board

MRCA Tyroler Gluckspilze
Please support our sponsors.

General Interest >> Philosophy, Sociology & Psychology

Welcome to the Shroomery Message Board! You are experiencing a small sample of what the site has to offer. Please login or register to post messages and view our exclusive members-only content. You'll gain access to additional forums, file attachments, board customizations, encrypted private messages, and much more!

Jump to first unread post. Pages: 1
OfflineSneezingPenis
ACHOOOOOOOOO!!!!!111!
 User Gallery Arcade Champion: BMX Tricks
Self-importance
    #3834174 - 02/25/05 07:59 PM (12 years, 1 month ago)

I think this is what is plaguing America, on more than one level. I think this self-importance breeds a lack of respect for everything. On one level, you have the people who believe since they are human, they are more "important" than any other species, which breeds a lack of respect for nature. next you have the media and television shows, which shows these self-important people how they can become more "important", by getting a boob job, and more shiny objects, which breeds lack of respect for themselves and their current state of affairs; such as guaging your happiness by other peoples fake smiles, fake breasts and new shinier objects. Then you have patriotism, a nation as a whole with this air of self-importance. Bill Hicks said it best when he pointed out that your patriotism lies in the place where your parents had you. Now, I dont mean rooting for your coutnry in the olympics type patriotism. i mean the type of patriotism which leads a person into believing their morals, culture and actions are better than everyone elses. This breeds not only a lack of respect for the rest of the world, but contempt; as a nation we step over these "bums" and tell them to get a job since we "know" our way of life is better, with our digital watches and fake breasts. Why cant we just have world patriotism? or universal patriotism? Im "proud" i got a chance to experience this realm and play this game, that i am a part of this world, and that is all the importance i need. i dont know jack shit, im not important, im just along for the ride and making comments on the scenery.

Post Extras: Print Post  Remind Me! Notify Moderator
Jump to top. Pages: 1

General Interest >> Philosophy, Sociology & Psychology