Home | Community | Message Board

FreeSpores.com
Please support our sponsors.

Mushrooms, Mycology and Psychedelics >> Mushroom Cultivation

Welcome to the Shroomery Message Board! You are experiencing a small sample of what the site has to offer. Please login or register to post messages and view our exclusive members-only content. You'll gain access to additional forums, file attachments, board customizations, encrypted private messages, and much more!

Amazon Shop for: Rye Grain

Jump to first unread post. Pages: 1
OfflineIGnosticAbhorI
Stranger-er

Q about the FAQ
    #3833568 - 02/25/05 05:26 PM (11 years, 9 months ago)

Found this in the FAQ and was just curious about something I came across. Im going to get some rye seed soon...so here it is

2. High CO2 Levels

The second trigger that lets the mycelium know it's time to fruit is a reduction in CO2 levels in the atmosphere. This can simply be achieved by ensuring that you are fanning your terrarium at least once a day (2-3 times per day may be necessary depending on the size of the terrarium and how many casing trays are inside). Another idea is to incorporate some natural flora into your terrarium, such as a dedicated tray of rye grass that is just there to grow and regulate your atmosphere for you.

That can be found here--->http://www.shroomery.org/index/par/7975

Anways, i've seen someone with a pic, it had a small casing with grass growing in it, he said something about he wished that the grass would have die b/c (Blank)

Anyways, my Q is, Should you grow grass in the same tray as your casing...im thinking it'd suck up to much moisture in the sub....Plus i've heard that used cakes/sub. can be ground up and used for fertilizer, so that tells me that it being in the same tray is :thumbdown:

Just trying to make sure that i'm reading this quote correctly...Is it saying that I could grow grass in a seperate tray in the same terrium as my casing? I ask this b/c i've heard that growing plants in the same terrium is a big no-no...But sometimes I just can't give my mushies the air they need....sometimes i can't fan for 9 hours striaght, I'm going to put a little more fund money into when i get the chance, but for the sake of knowledge :smirk: ...i wanna know....B/c then On those days where i'm a little late at fanning, it'd be nice to know that the co2 build up isnt as bad as it'd normally be w/o the grass in there.....It kind of reminds me of when my pops put baking soda in the fridge to get rid of the smell...:lol:, well, thankx guys

-Gnostic

O and another Q...When ya'll(from the south) use rye, are you talking about Rye grass seeds or something else? Just trying to clear things up. :thumbup, thankx

Post Extras: Print Post  Remind Me! Notify Moderator
InvisibleNeedMoreSleep
OCD = 100%Sterility :-)

Loc: One Inch ↑
Re: Q about the FAQ [Re: IGnosticAbhorI]
    #3833603 - 02/25/05 05:34 PM (11 years, 9 months ago)

sorry man, no answer from you here, but did you ever realize that your sig is a paradox? lol :stoned:

--------------------

"Now, we must all fear evil men. But there is another kind of evil,
which we must fear most. And that is... the indifference of good men."
-Boondock Saints

OfflineIGnosticAbhorI
Stranger-er

Re: Q about the FAQ [Re: NeedMoreSleep]
    #3833623 - 02/25/05 05:39 PM (11 years, 9 months ago)

What are you talking about? Everything I post is just the product of my multiple personality disorders :smirk:

Let's not get crazy now, no-one said that i'm talking about Me, When I say I, I'm totally not talking about me. Promise. 0=)

InvisibleNeedMoreSleep
OCD = 100%Sterility :-)

Loc: One Inch ↑
    #3833651 - 02/25/05 05:47 PM (11 years, 9 months ago)

lol... if "Anything written above and below this line is a falsehood." then that statement too is a falsehood, so its a lie and everything is true, thus the statement is then true, but then is a lie... circle and circles we go.. lol sorry, no more offtopicness, anyone know the answer to his questions cuz i'm interested in this as well... :stoned:

--------------------

"Now, we must all fear evil men. But there is another kind of evil,
which we must fear most. And that is... the indifference of good men."
-Boondock Saints

OfflineIGnosticAbhorI
Stranger-er

#3833677 - 02/25/05 05:57 PM (11 years, 9 months ago)

Not to get off topic, but the line itself isn't included, therefore it is true, its like this
not true
------
above^
Statement
below (insert downward arrow:lol:)
------
not true

Anyways, yea, i'm really curious about this, I can get 50lbs of rye grass for cheap, my lawn needs it so I might as well use it else where :wink:

Offlinelittlefriend420
Rafans Rule!
Male

#3833681 - 02/25/05 06:00 PM (11 years, 9 months ago)

Sorry, I'm distracted. What Ignostic says in THAT ONE LINE is true. It's like something is < or > 0. It can be zero, but that's it. The stuff underneath is a little mind-bending, though.

--------------------
"Great trespasses have been wrought against our liberties. The people are hungry for justice and peace, but do nothing. Everyday I see the signs of an empire in decline, but still, I do nothing. My apathy is not borne of deficiency of will - I know not what to do. Public education no longer teaches the majority of us the due processes of political action. Combined with the distractions of "modern life," pushed upon us by an economic machine with insatiable appetites, the future looks grim. Still, I hope. Still, I vote. Still, I dream..."
~ Some guy on digg

OfflineIGnosticAbhorI
Stranger-er

Re: Q about the FAQ [Re: littlefriend420]
    #3833707 - 02/25/05 06:11 PM (11 years, 9 months ago)

:lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:

Exactly :laugh:, but the real Q is, does anyone have the time/knowledge to anwser my question, someone's out there, I'm Positive, but why aren't you responding?....arhg, lol, help me out :wink:

-Gnostic

OfflineIGnosticAbhorI
Stranger-er

#3839743 - 02/27/05 02:13 AM (11 years, 9 months ago)

Hmm...So does anyone want to Anwser this Q, i'd really like to know. thankx

-Gnostic

Offlinehawksapprentice
Yearns to Snowboard
 User Gallery

Loc: Oregon
    #3839863 - 02/27/05 03:03 AM (11 years, 9 months ago)

I wouldn't put casings in the same terrarium as a plant. this is just a personal prefrence..possibly. But it seems that if you have a potted plant in the same terrarium you would be exposing your casing to alot of spores that you have come so far to avoid.

--------------------
"I celebrate the Earth, my home, my mother, my grave, and as long as men are Man they must, if they would preserve the integrated being, do the same---[and preserve]--this rank casual hungry smelly sweaty lusting transitory body, my oozy pulpy liquid-bag-swollen body, bones, blood, hair glands, my bejeweled sex; I love and celebrate it all.  never to let men forget that they are animals as much as gods---that is one thing I shall say."

Edward Abbey

Jump to top. Pages: 1

Amazon Shop for: Rye Grain

Mushrooms, Mycology and Psychedelics >> Mushroom Cultivation