Home | Community | Message Board

This site includes paid links. Please support our sponsors.

Welcome to the Shroomery Message Board! You are experiencing a small sample of what the site has to offer. Please login or register to post messages and view our exclusive members-only content. You'll gain access to additional forums, file attachments, board customizations, encrypted private messages, and much more!

Shop: Mushroom-Hut Mono Tub Substrate   Original Sensible Seeds Bulk Cannabis Seeds   Myyco.com Golden Teacher Liquid Culture For Sale   MagicBag.co Certified Organic All-In-One Grow Bags by Magic Bag   Kraken Kratom Red Vein Kratom   Left Coast Kratom Buy Kratom Extract   PhytoExtractum Buy Bali Kratom Powder   North Spore Bulk Substrate

Jump to first unread post Pages: 1 | 2 | 3 | Next >  [ show all ]
Some of these posts are very old and might contain outdated information. You may wish to search for newer posts instead.
OfflinePsillyNilly
Stranger
Requesting the presence of MJ: Putting shroom Spores in the COW FEED?!?
    #3831208 - 02/25/05 12:10 AM (19 years, 1 month ago)

Just wondering....the southern Spring rains are gonna start up soon which means Florida Cope and Cubie season is around the bend!! Gettin ready and wanted to ask this little psilly question for the record.  When I yield a good harvest, taking Spore Prints it quite an easy process that I can do while my caps dry in the dehydrators.  Well, Why not funnel all those spores from the paper in which the prints were made on into a little ampule,  and during my following hunt, sprinkle all these spores in the cattle feeding tubs!!!?  Surely it will not hurt the cows and since the multiple stomachs is where the spores exist (thus producing shrooms within the manure)----why not increase the precense of spores within their stomachs to slowly make this field into a golden shroomers paradise? :mushroom2: ...Any experience or practical reasonings why this wouldnt work?

Edited by PsillyNilly (02/26/05 09:28 AM)

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Offlineerags
Get the most outof your gourd
 User Gallery

Re: Putting shroom Spores in the COW FEED?!? [Re: PsillyNilly]
    #3831313 - 02/25/05 12:51 AM (19 years, 1 month ago)

Cattle, reindeer and other species are known to seek out and eat psychedelic mushrooms. Surely this mutually beneficial relationship is more than coincidence. I say go for it, might make for a ripe field. Hopefully this is your own cow or someone you know. You wouldnt want to be caught feeding strange things to a rancher's stock.

Another idea putting the spores in a sugar solution that will dry and spraying to coat pellet or hay feed with spores.

--------------------
http://www.bumwine.com/

OfflineCptnGarden
fuck this site
    #3831315 - 02/25/05 12:51 AM (19 years, 1 month ago)

that might work... could at least try. good idea.

OfflinePsillyNilly
Stranger
Re: Putting shroom Spores in the COW FEED?!? [Re: CptnGarden]
    #3831398 - 02/25/05 01:20 AM (19 years, 1 month ago)

Im definately goin for it and yes I am putting the the spores in a sprayable solution so I can really spreadem out. I would definately think twice bout doin this if I was at all harming the cows but the only thing I would be doing is increasing the amount of spores they already have floatin around in there systems...I think it will take a while before seeing any noticeable results but it's a small simple porcedure to possibly yield a nice robust potent field. Im wondering if any experts such as MushroomJohn have any knowledge regarding this---im sure its been thought of before. Not gonna PM him, hes always so busy but if ya read this post..any thoughts?

Invisiblejtseaweed
Stranger

Loc: in the middle of everywhe...
    #3831628 - 02/25/05 02:59 AM (19 years, 1 month ago)

I am always thinking about injecting manure with spores. I might try it both ways!

--------------------

buisness is kickin yo butt

OfflineStonedShroom
OG shroomerite
 User Gallery

Re: Putting shroom Spores in the COW FEED?!? [Re: jtseaweed]
    #3831934 - 02/25/05 07:24 AM (19 years, 1 month ago)

putting spores on manuer won't work.. i tried it

--------------------
We are not human beings going through a temporary spiritual experience.

We are spiritual beings going through a temporary human experience.

Offlinethedman
I am the coyote
 User Gallery
Loc: out of this world
Re: Putting shroom Spores in the COW FEED?!? [Re: StonedShroom]
    #3832565 - 02/25/05 11:06 AM (19 years, 1 month ago)

What about taking some chunks of myc filled poop from a good cube filled field and put the chunks of myc poo under patties in a field where the cubes dont grow would the myc spread into the new poop?

--------------------
Got to bag em up!

Offlinemeluvshrooms
Stranger
Loc: North Florida
Re: Putting shroom Spores in the COW FEED?!? [Re: jtseaweed]
    #3833330 - 02/25/05 01:59 PM (19 years, 1 month ago)

Quote:

jtseaweed said:
I am always thinking about injecting manure with spores. I might try it both ways!

DEFINITELY DOES NOT WORK! Cows have to eat the spores so they can germinate in their stomaches. Then they shit it out and it grows in the best fertilizer of all...SHIT. I also thought about putting spores in the feeding bins of this field down the street from my grandmas house. It has a feeding tub, with just two horses in a small field. I'm pretty sure doing it would result in large numbers of mushies!

--------------------
Shr00ms make me Happy! :cool:

OfflineRebirtha
I really like bread
Male User Gallery

Folding@home Statistics
Loc: over there
Re: Putting shroom Spores in the COW FEED?!? [Re: meluvshrooms]
    #3833552 - 02/25/05 03:22 PM (19 years, 1 month ago)

I thought that cubes like old crap and not the fresh stuff because it has to develop a mycelium network... I think I remember reading that here.

OfflineMycoJunkie
Psilanthropist

Loc: .4merica
Re: Putting shroom Spores in the COW FEED?!? [Re: Rebirtha]
    #3833648 - 02/25/05 03:46 PM (19 years, 1 month ago)

cubes like old crap because new crap usually gets peed on by the bovine that shat it. Their urine has ammonia and other stuff in it, which the shrooms cant grow in. This is why we leech poo.

--------------------
:cussing::whip:

OfflinePsillyNilly
Stranger
Re: Putting shroom Spores in the COW FEED?!? [Re: MycoJunkie]
    #3834824 - 02/25/05 08:54 PM (19 years, 1 month ago)

Definately sounds like a reasonable assumption to make (by the way shrooms do only grow in older poopie---its actaully not really even poop anymore, more like soil) I wish some prpofessionals would come and give some first hand advice---hell, I can even colonize the field with exotic strians of cubies (ecquadorian, PESA) and even the Hawaaiin and Thialand Cope strains too

Edited by PsillyNilly (02/25/05 08:56 PM)

Offlinebuddhathehut
readingrainbows.......

Loc: North Carolina
    #3834876 - 02/25/05 09:14 PM (19 years, 1 month ago)

Shrooms do not just grow in "older poop"- fresh or not is the case and point. No- you are correct- misting poop with spore water is ineffective and feeding spore solutions to cows IS. Just a fact or two for the register of illegal deeds. Very productive and it will not hurt cows in any way- rest assured- no worse than the evils of tapwater.

--------------------
"If you do not want to go within, do you want to go out? But where will you go, since He ie everywhere in this universe, and surrounding this universe?" - Shrii Shrii Anandamurti

Offlinetexascubensis
Stranger
 User Gallery

Re: Putting shroom Spores in the COW FEED?!? [Re: buddhathehut]
    #3835459 - 02/26/05 12:11 AM (19 years, 1 month ago)

just wondering if you find a patty with lots of little babys on it can u take the patty home with you and let them grow in like a sealed container???

Invisiblemjshroomer
Sage
Loc: gone with my shrooms
Re: Putting shroom Spores in the COW FEED?!? [Re: erags]
    #3836265 - 02/26/05 09:42 AM (19 years, 1 month ago)

Psilly Nilly, cattle do not seek out shrooms to eat. They eat them naturally along with the grasses they chew in their cuds.

They are eating grass and there are shrooms in the grass. They do not seek the mushrooms to eat.

Deer on the other hand do seek out Amanita muscaria which has no psilocine or psilocybine in them. They love the ibotenic acid and muscimole.

They have been known to charge at people pissing in the woods in Siberia and Lappland regions who have eaten Amanita and are taking pisses in the bush.

Some wallabys in Australia eat certain shrooms but not magic shrooms.

Bears have eaten Amanita on ocassion and it was recorded in the movie the Bear.

Pigs love to eat truffles.

Slugs seek all kinds of mushrooms but do have a fondness for Psilocybe species, especially P. stuntzii and P. cyanescns woodchip shrooms in the PNW.

But cattle do not seek out magic shrooms. They only eat what is beneath their faces, and that is grass. if there are shrooms in the grass, then they get caught up in the big bite of the grass and so the cows eat them.

mj

As for spore planting in feed, who knows. may or may not work. Other environmental conditions for certain shrooms must be taken into account.

That is why certain fields have shrooms, and some have no shrooms, magic shrooms that is. There could be other shrooms in a field and no magic ones and vice versa.

mj

OfflinePsillyNilly
Stranger
Re: Putting shroom Spores in the COW FEED?!? [Re: mjshroomer]
    #3836365 - 02/26/05 10:24 AM (19 years, 1 month ago)

I am honerored by your prescense in my thread MJ...you speak words of wisdom...however I did not mention cows seek out and eat shrooms (that was someone else)...even though that would be nice resulting in more plentiful field fruitings.  If I do find signifacant increases in flushes, will you be interested in my findings? perhaps interested eneoupgh to post on your site? :grin: Of course when I do conduct the experiment, I will accurately grid out the field, mark down the yield weight before and after administation of spores to the feed and construct a bar graph to compare results...This can be a breakthrough for hippy cow farmers or just shroom scavengers like me.

InvisibleGGreatOne234
Stranger
Re: Requesting the presence of MJ: Putting shroom Spores in the COW FEED?!? [Re: PsillyNilly]
    #3836468 - 02/26/05 10:53 AM (19 years, 1 month ago)

feeding spores to the cows is a good idea

and it seems to work well

tho, the typical way shrooms grow are the
mushrooms fruit and then the spores are
then stuck onto blades of grass in the field,
then the cow shits onto the grass and this
encases the spores and allows them to
incubate and spread its mycelium into the dung.

to actually feed the cows spores and have it
work to the degree of anything noticeable to happen,
you would have to constantly, almost everyday
feed the cows spores, almost everyday...

feeding the cows one day would eventually give them
only one turd filled with spores,
while natuarally it happens better in the wild because
there are more turds being dropped onto the grass
each day than there are turds being made that you
purposely fed to the cows.

so basically, its better to just find a place where
they grow good naturally than it is to try to propigate
on your own

OfflinePsillyNilly
Stranger
Re: Requesting the presence of MJ: Putting shroom Spores in the COW FEED?!? [Re: GGreatOne234]
    #3836525 - 02/26/05 11:09 AM (19 years, 1 month ago)

Well I was under the impression that the multiple stomachs of a cow is what keeps the precense of spores in their system---constantly excreting spore containg turds (which is why horses manure is possible but less likely to comprise of shrooms (single stomach)---I jsut want to get these cattle really saturated with spores so I will be rollin around in shrooms...do you relaly think feeding them everyday would be the only method to reach a substantial effect? 

GGreatone---you the same one that runs the website I ordered from a few years ago GGreatone was the contact URL---I used to go under the names SILLWilly-Spacefun123hotmail-Orizon- :smile:

InvisibleGGreatOne234
Stranger
Re: Requesting the presence of MJ: Putting shroom Spores in the COW FEED?!? [Re: PsillyNilly]
    #3836868 - 02/26/05 12:25 PM (19 years, 1 month ago)

hey psillynilly

i help out at the shroom wizards website
in the mushroom hunting section of his site

the wizard suggests using halves of apples
and then spore print the mushroom caps
onto the apple halfs, and then feed to cows
and horses

here is a good explaination
by mjshroomer
for the lifecycle of the dung loving mushrooms

Offlinemeluvshrooms
Stranger
Loc: North Florida
Re: Requesting the presence of MJ: Putting shroom Spores in the COW FEED?!? [Re: GGreatOne234]
    #3837232 - 02/26/05 01:48 PM (19 years, 1 month ago)

I was just about to say that^^. I was thinking if you put some spores on some sort of "treat" that cows/horses like, then it is a sure fire way to get the spores in their stomache.

--------------------
Shr00ms make me Happy! :cool:

Offlineerags
Get the most outof your gourd
 User Gallery

#3838295 - 02/26/05 05:52 PM (19 years, 1 month ago)

Quote:

But cattle do not seek out magic shrooms. They only eat what is beneath their faces, and that is grass. if there are shrooms in the grass, then they get caught up in the big bite of the grass and so the cows eat them.

Although the scientific community hasn't reached any kind of consensus on this matter, I was taught in a drugs and behavior class that once exposed to psychedelics some animals will seek them out. I am aware that other institutions havetaught this idea (even psilocybin).

Having worked with cattle , I can say they are not the smartest creatures and MJ is probably correct when he asserts that eating mushrooms happens by chance. Whether or not a psychedelic experience would make  the cattle seek out another stand after the fact is something that would require testing (PsillyNilly maybe you can gather some behavioral data along with your grids :smile:

Check out this book
for more on animals and psychedelics. :sleepingcow:

--------------------
http://www.bumwine.com/

Edited by erags (02/26/05 05:55 PM)

Jump to top Pages: 1 | 2 | 3 | Next >  [ show all ]

Shop: Mushroom-Hut Mono Tub Substrate   Original Sensible Seeds Bulk Cannabis Seeds   Myyco.com Golden Teacher Liquid Culture For Sale   MagicBag.co Certified Organic All-In-One Grow Bags by Magic Bag   Kraken Kratom Red Vein Kratom   Left Coast Kratom Buy Kratom Extract   PhytoExtractum Buy Bali Kratom Powder   North Spore Bulk Substrate