Home | Community | Message Board

Mycohaus
This site includes paid links. Please support our sponsors.

Welcome to the Shroomery Message Board! You are experiencing a small sample of what the site has to offer. Please login or register to post messages and view our exclusive members-only content. You'll gain access to additional forums, file attachments, board customizations, encrypted private messages, and much more!

Shop: Original Sensible Seeds Bulk Cannabis Seeds   PhytoExtractum Maeng Da Thai Kratom Leaf Powder   Left Coast Kratom Kratom Powder For Sale   North Spore North Spore Mushroom Grow Kits & Cultivation Supplies   Myyco.com Golden Teacher Liquid Culture For Sale   Kraken Kratom Red Vein Kratom   Mushroom-Hut Substrate Mix

Jump to first unread post Pages: 1
Some of these posts are very old and might contain outdated information. You may wish to search for newer posts instead.
InvisibleNeedMoreSleep
OCD = 100%Sterility :-)

Loc: One Inch ↑
My First Stab at Rye and Casing... ***PICS***
    #3830269 - 02/24/05 09:25 PM (19 years, 1 month ago)

OK so I decided to try my hand with rye and casing for the first time.  Just wanna give props real quick to those who've given the wealth of knowledge that I've used thus far:

Magash: Props on the Rye Tek... I've read so much on here about peeps having probs with water content with rye.  Follow this tek and you won't go wrong....

Hyphae:  Props on the Water Content Tek...  This is by far the most informative post I've read on here...  Should be on every caser's favorites...

Ok, on to the pics, but let me explain where I am thus far.  I inoculated 6 qts; 3 with GT, 3 with PR.  Shook the jars at about 30% colonization then waited for them to fully colonize.  Didn't have an incubator at the time (long story, grrr), so they incubated in my closet at ~78-81 F...  Once fully colonized, I cased the GTs with 50/50 coir/verm with about 1 tablespoon powdered eggshell per quart of casing mix.  This is my first time working with PR and have read a lot of horror stories about how fast colonization is, and how much of a problem overlay can be with this strain.  So, I incubated the cased GTs for 3 days, then cased the PRs, and placed all 6 casings directly into fruiting chamber.  The GTs were cased 5 days ago, PRs only 2 days ago.  In the pics below, the 3 lesser-colonized casings on the left are the PRs, but notice how fast they've colonized after 2 days only... Ok, onto the pics now (for real) :grin:

First pics are for comparison on colonization times:

Left: Casings yesterday (4 days for GT, 1 for PR) Right: Casing today (5 days for GT, 2 for PR)

And these are closeups of the casings taken today...
PR:

GT:

BTW, those pics should blow up pretty big to get a good look at them if you click on them...  I know a lot of people just look at the thumbnails.  Anyway, I'm having a blast, and look forward to any comments, criticism, or advice anyone has to share... :stoned:

--------------------

"Now, we must all fear evil men. But there is another kind of evil,
which we must fear most. And that is... the indifference of good men."
-Boondock Saints

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
OfflinekronnyQ
SuperstudExtraordinaire
 User Gallery

Loc: Anytown USA
Re: My First Stab at Rye and Casing... ***PICS*** [Re: NeedMoreSleep]
    #3830325 - 02/24/05 09:33 PM (19 years, 1 month ago)

:thumbup: :thumbup: :thumbup:

InvisibleDamn_Skippy
Fell off theWagon

Re: My First Stab at Rye and Casing... ***PICS*** [Re: kronnyQ]
    #3830484 - 02/24/05 09:59 PM (19 years, 1 month ago)

nice

GL bro.. keep the pics coming

--------------------
~Skipp
"I like cigarettes, Miss Taggart. I like to think of fire held in a man's hand. Fire, a dangerous force, tamed at his fingertips. I often wonder about the hours when a man sits alone, watching the smoke of a cigarette, thinking. I wonder what great things have come alive from such hours. When a man thinks, there is a spot of fire alive in his mind---and it is proper that he should have the burning point of a cigarette as his one expression."

InvisibleNeedMoreSleep

Re: My First Stab at Rye and Casing... ***PICS*** [Re: Damn_Skippy]
    #3830555 - 02/24/05 10:11 PM (19 years, 1 month ago)

Quote:

Damn_Skippy said:
nice

GL bro.. keep the pics coming

Will do... as a matter of fact heres another I forgot to put in originally... Tell her happy b-day, Athena just turned 1 today :grin:

--------------------

-Boondock Saints

InvisibleDamn_Skippy
Fell off theWagon

#3830629 - 02/24/05 10:22 PM (19 years, 1 month ago)

good lookin dog....

mine's 13 months

--------------------
~Skipp
"I like cigarettes, Miss Taggart. I like to think of fire held in a man's hand. Fire, a dangerous force, tamed at his fingertips. I often wonder about the hours when a man sits alone, watching the smoke of a cigarette, thinking. I wonder what great things have come alive from such hours. When a man thinks, there is a spot of fire alive in his mind---and it is proper that he should have the burning point of a cigarette as his one expression."

Offlinekraj
Stranger
    #3830711 - 02/24/05 10:33 PM (19 years, 1 month ago)

Some beautiful rizomorphs on that GT casing. Nice work!

InvisibleNeedMoreSleep

#3830712 - 02/24/05 10:33 PM (19 years, 1 month ago)

good lookin boxer! mine's a mutt, half pit half german rott... she's already 80 lbs though! solid fucking muscle.  my cousin has a 2 yr brindle boxer, you're gonna be awake alot, they don't settle down too fast lol :stoned:

--------------------

-Boondock Saints

InvisibleNeedMoreSleep

Re: My First Stab at Rye and Casing... ***PICS*** [Re: kraj]
    #3830733 - 02/24/05 10:35 PM (19 years, 1 month ago)

Thanx! trust me i wanna just stare at those rhizos for hours.. they really are gorgeous :stoned:

--------------------

-Boondock Saints

OfflineDuffmanooohyea
shroomapprentice
 User Gallery

#3830751 - 02/24/05 10:37 PM (19 years, 1 month ago)

nice work. they look real good. ive been using rye for a while now. im sure you will not be dissapointed by the results. once you use rye you will wonder why anyone will waste there time with brf cakes. good luck dude.

--------------------
"Because you need me Springfield. Your guilty conscience may force you to vote Democratic, but deep down inside you long for a cold-hearted Republican to lower taxes, brutalize criminals and rule you like a King!" Sideshow Bob

InvisibleDamn_Skippy
Fell off theWagon

#3830758 - 02/24/05 10:38 PM (19 years, 1 month ago)

Actually soon as she hit a year... she calmed right down. She is the calmest boxer I have ever had... I'm lucky I guess

okay back to the grow log no more off-topic thread jacking

any primordia on the GT yet?

--------------------
~Skipp

InvisibleNeedMoreSleep

#3830783 - 02/24/05 10:41 PM (19 years, 1 month ago)

Quote:

Damn_Skippy said:
okay back to the grow log no more off-topic thread jacking

any primordia on the GT yet?

not quite a grow log (and i don't mind jacking my own thread :smile:), but i'll update it frequently if people want me to.. no primordia yet, just 1/4" rhizos :stoned:

--------------------

-Boondock Saints

Jump to top Pages: 1

Shop: Original Sensible Seeds Bulk Cannabis Seeds   PhytoExtractum Maeng Da Thai Kratom Leaf Powder   Left Coast Kratom Kratom Powder For Sale   North Spore North Spore Mushroom Grow Kits & Cultivation Supplies   Myyco.com Golden Teacher Liquid Culture For Sale   Kraken Kratom Red Vein Kratom   Mushroom-Hut Substrate Mix