Home | Community | Message Board

World Seed Supply
This site includes paid links. Please support our sponsors.

Welcome to the Shroomery Message Board! You are experiencing a small sample of what the site has to offer. Please login or register to post messages and view our exclusive members-only content. You'll gain access to additional forums, file attachments, board customizations, encrypted private messages, and much more!

Jump to first unread post Pages: < Back | 1 | 2  [ show all ]
Offlinedr0mni
My Own Messiah
 User Gallery

Loc: USF Tampa, Fl
Re: mankind's exoskeleton [Re: CJay]
    #3830271 - 02/24/05 09:25 PM (19 years, 1 month ago)

Yes, they are very close to creating real computer intelligence. I've seen something on the discovery channel about AI, they were talking about this program, which is actually sorta used for Google searches, which learned to recognize things in pictures, like smiles, by being shown thousands of pictures of smiles and slowly learning the pattern which is indicative of a smile. They did this type of "learning" for a while and made it so they could actually have a dialogue with the program. Once the computer asked "Am I human?" Fucked up shit huh! The programmers in the room got kinda sad when they had to tell the computer that it wasn't human...

Other researchers have also made robots with arms and eyes so that they could interact physically with it. They tried to teach it how to move a block on a table by watching one of they scientists move it. Imitation, like how children learn. The scientist would wiggle the block, then the robot would try and fail. The scientist would wiggle it, then the robot would try and fail. This went on for a while with unexciting results, but when they looked at the video tape again they realized that the robot was actually taking turns! It was purposefully trying to imitate the scientist, even if it didn't do a good job at it.

I should really look into this more. I used to be into computers and shit when I was little, but I gave up on that. These anecdotes are probably a decade old. God knows what they've come up with now!

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Jump to top Pages: < Back | 1 | 2  [ show all ]