Home | Community | Message Board

Zamnesia.com
Please support our sponsors.

Mushrooms, Mycology and Psychedelics >> The Psychedelic Experience

Welcome to the Shroomery Message Board! You are experiencing a small sample of what the site has to offer. Please login or register to post messages and view our exclusive members-only content. You'll gain access to additional forums, file attachments, board customizations, encrypted private messages, and much more!

Original Seeds Store Shop: buy cannabis seeds, Buy CBD

Jump to first unread post. Pages: 1
Offlinebhamlaxy
Shroomerite
Female

Loc: Nevada
DRUG SCENE IN THAILAND
    #3828899 - 02/24/05 08:16 PM (12 years, 9 months ago)

Anyone know what the drug scene is like in thailand? I may be moving there soon. Are shrooms avaialable? Legal? How about pot, LSD, or others? I know harder drugs are met with EXTREMELY harsh punishment. Anyone travel there? thanks

Post Extras: Print Post  Remind Me! Notify Moderator
Invisiblegdman
badger, badger,badger...
Male User Gallery

Loc: Dancing In the Streets
Re: DRUG SCENE IN THAILAND [Re: bhamlaxy]
    #3828921 - 02/24/05 08:20 PM (12 years, 9 months ago)

I heard the thai governement is pretty strict on drugs, to say the least. At least some drugs.

--------------------

Got a question about a substance?  Erowid might already have your answer! Have questions about the  mushroom experience? The  Tripper's FAQ may have your answer or someone else might have had your question before.

I know up on the top you are seeing great sights, but down at the bottom we, too, should have rights.
  - Theodor Seuss Geisel Dr. Suess

"I didn't come here to be easily understood" - Steve

OfflineMycoJunkie
Psilanthropist

Loc: .4merica
Re: DRUG SCENE IN THAILAND [Re: gdman]
    #3828966 - 02/24/05 08:27 PM (12 years, 9 months ago)

Bhamlaxy, you obviously have no knowledge on drugs and/or drug geography whatsoever.

Jesus.
This is one of the stupider questions I've come across in my days of browsing forums.

You can get plenty of drugs in Thailand. Marijuana and shrooms especially. Cocaine, Heroin, and others too I'm sure. If you can get it in the US or Europe, I'm sure you could get it in Thailand.

--------------------
:cussing::whip:

InvisibleHeavyToilet
The Heaviest OfThem All
Male

Loc: British Columbia
Re: DRUG SCENE IN THAILAND [Re: bhamlaxy]
    #3828968 - 02/24/05 08:28 PM (12 years, 9 months ago)

Supposedly if you get caught with pretty much any type of drugs you'll either go to jail for the rest of your life or be executed.

If you enjoy doing drugs, I would highly suggest not moving there.

InvisibleToolTroll
tourettic
Male User Gallery

Loc: N. Cack
Re: DRUG SCENE IN THAILAND [Re: gdman]
    #3828973 - 02/24/05 08:28 PM (12 years, 9 months ago)

A close friend travels there once a year, has some loopy stories, mostly true I think. The country is (in)famous for it's pot (Thai sticks) and it's mushrooms (Koh Samui, Lipa Yai, etc.) and he says that those and ectasy are readily available and cheeeep. However, he also complains how the government has gotten much stricter in many ways. If caught with drugs you will be in big trouble!!! But I imagine a little cash money bribe could save your ass in most situations. Anyway, be safe! :smile:

--------------------
"This whole idea that different is bad, that a change in consciousness is in itself harmful, is really one of the fundamental problems inherent in the drug war.” - Rick Doblin
my cactus collection
You vote with your dollars. Everyday. Vote responsibly.

OfflineMycoJunkie
Psilanthropist

Loc: .4merica
Re: DRUG SCENE IN THAILAND [Re: HeavyToilet]
    #3828976 - 02/24/05 08:29 PM (12 years, 9 months ago)

The government in Thailand is tantamount to that of Mexico or any other 2nd-3rd world country. You could probably bribe cops easily, I'm sure they don't get paid much. I doubt you'd have a problem with being caught as long as you're smart... which you don't seem to be.

--------------------
:cussing::whip:

Offlinetheocean06
Yeah, I've donefour already...

Re: DRUG SCENE IN THAILAND [Re: MycoJunkie]
    #3828990 - 02/24/05 08:32 PM (12 years, 9 months ago)

I wouldn't go thinking "I can bribe the cops" - they are very harsh with their drug policies.

--------------------

The story of life is quicker then the blink of an eye, the story of love is hello, goodbye.            - Hendrix :bow:

InvisibleHeavyToilet
The Heaviest OfThem All
Male

Loc: British Columbia
Re: DRUG SCENE IN THAILAND [Re: MycoJunkie]
    #3829005 - 02/24/05 08:35 PM (12 years, 9 months ago)

Quote:

MycoJunkie said:
I doubt you'd have a problem with being caught as long as you're smart... which you don't seem to be.

What's your problem?

Here's a fact: if you have a fair amount of a drug, you will be KILLED.

It isn't smart to have a bunch of drugs, praying to yourself that the police will accept bribes, and if they don't you'll be executed.

That's not smart.

Invisibledblaney
Human Being

Loc: Here & Now
Re: DRUG SCENE IN THAILAND [Re: theocean06]
    #3829013 - 02/24/05 08:37 PM (12 years, 9 months ago)

Very harsh could be a bit of an understatement. In their 2003 drug war, the number of dead numbered in the thousands. Cops were running around killing drug addicts, suspected drug users, and drug dealers. Meanwhile, drug dealers panicked and began running around killing suspected narcs. This left a very messy situation where many people were killed, ranging from an 18-month old child to an elderly woman.

Their drug laws are extraordinarily harsh. If you get caught, you better be prepared to either bribe them, or have some other plan.

Be safe!

--------------------
"What is in us that turns a deaf ear to the cries of human suffering?"

"Belief is a beautiful armor
But makes for the heaviest sword"
- John Mayer

Making the noise "penicillin" is no substitute for actually taking penicillin.

"This country, with its institutions, belongs to the people who inhabit it. Whenever they shall grow weary of the existing government, they can exercise their constitutional right of amending it, or their revolutionary right to dismember or overthrow it." -Abraham Lincoln

Offlinetheocean06

Re: DRUG SCENE IN THAILAND [Re: dblaney]
    #3829035 - 02/24/05 08:42 PM (12 years, 9 months ago)

Ok, very very very very harsh :tongue:

But seriously, I understand what you're saying - I would not risk brining or even buying drugs in Thailand.  The scenery would be enough for, they have some beautiful spots.  There was an article in the news forum here where a women was/is being executed for having a few pounds of pot.  I know that it is a lot of pot, but still, execution :sad:

Be smart, stay safe :heart:

Edit: It wasn't Thailand, it was Indonesia.  Still, Thailand does not joke around when it comes to drugs.  Harsh is truly an understatement. 

--------------------

The story of life is quicker then the blink of an eye, the story of love is hello, goodbye.            - Hendrix :bow:

Edited by theocean06 (02/24/05 09:12 PM)

InvisibleSoularize
insubordinate and churlish
Male

#3829175 - 02/24/05 09:04 PM (12 years, 9 months ago)

Executed for pot? Hah! Man, and I thought America had strict drug policies.

Death for pot! that just sounds so wrong. Fucking assholes. Some countries really have their heads stuck up their asses in regards to crime and punishment. These people are more or less still living in an eye for an eye punishment system. Savages, poor, stubborn, unenlightened savages.

Im not going back to Thailand  :frown:

--------------------
The man in the black pajamas, Dude. Worthy fuckin' adversary.

Offlinetheocean06

Re: DRUG SCENE IN THAILAND [Re: Soularize]
    #3829193 - 02/24/05 09:05 PM (12 years, 9 months ago)

Eye for an eye?

When did pot = a human life? :sad:

--------------------

Offlinerdnp2035
Stranger

#3830303 - 02/24/05 11:30 PM (12 years, 9 months ago)

Mushrooms grow like crazy over there. And the home grown pot is top notch. It's just a matter of meeting up with cool people..hopefully outside the city. It sounds like buying on the corner is a bad idea. But you could go wonder the beautiful country side with some hippy friends and pick all the mushrooms you want.

Invisiblewishcouldeletethis
Female User Gallery

Loc: georgia
Re: DRUG SCENE IN THAILAND *DELETED* [Re: rdnp2035]
    #3830558 - 02/25/05 12:12 AM (12 years, 9 months ago)

Post deleted by wishcouldeletethis

Reason for deletion: k

OfflineZombieLuvin
Observant

Loc: Greater Chicago Land
Re: DRUG SCENE IN THAILAND [Re: wishcouldeletethis]
    #3831220 - 02/25/05 02:14 AM (12 years, 9 months ago)

Wasnt there a movie with a couple of chicks who hook up with some british guy who frames them for drugs in thailand and the whole movie is about how they get fucked over and the one has to stay in thailand while the other one gets deported? Broken Down Palace or something like that?

--------------------
The oldest and strongest emotion of man is fear, and the oldest and strongest fear, is fear of the unknown... -H.P. Lovecraft

Offlinesupra
computerEnthusiast
Loc: TEXAS
Re: DRUG SCENE IN THAILAND [Re: ZombieLuvin]
    #3832114 - 02/25/05 10:20 AM (12 years, 9 months ago)

yeah

Invisiblemjshroomer
Sage
Loc: gone with my shrooms
Re: DRUG SCENE IN THAILAND [Re: ToolTroll]
    #3832123 - 02/25/05 10:24 AM (12 years, 9 months ago)

ToolTroll, ther are no Thai sticks in Thailand. I*n the past, they were usually made in Cambodia or Laos for shipment to countries outside of Southeast Asia. That is not happeniong much today.

the majority of ThaisThais do not know what a Thai stick is. Thye have ganja. Which is about $4 to %5 dollars a third of an ounce or so, depending on where you get it at and/or who you get it from.

And no, shrooms are highly illegal although many resorts offer them in food items, but only if you asked for them. They are no longer offer them on the menus.

Opium in a Hill-Tribe village is not illegal for peronal use amongst the inhabitants of said villages in Northern Thailand, yet you can buy for personal use in those villages or smoke it in such a village which is frequented by tourists tours which offer visits to opium villages in the Golden Triangle. In the central areas and southern Thailand, Kratom is also redially available, although many Thais will sell you leaves from a bush down the street if you do not know what they look like it is easy to be burned by someone with a trustful face.

Cops generally will not bother you if you are minding your own drug m business and not selling. Most do not care if you are smoking pot or eating a shroom omelette at resort levels.

Shit, you don't even need a drivers liscense to rent vehicles. Just be cool.

If you do hard drugs or deal them over there and get caught, well the Bangkok Hilton has crawl space for foreigners in their jails.

AS for LSD or Ecstacy, they and other designer tyupe drugs are usually available at the Full Moon Festival held monthly on Koh Phan-ghan, althoug las year I met a couple of people who got burned. One had four tablets of bitrth control pills. Another was sold a lid of lipton tea by a thai. So if those drugs interest one they can get them formt he Europenas, although some of them might also burn you. The kid witht he four buirtch controll pills paid $35.00 p bucks a piece for them. That was $140. U.S. dollars. Enough for a bungalo for a month.

mj

Jump to top. Pages: 1

Original Seeds Store Shop: buy cannabis seeds, Buy CBD

Mushrooms, Mycology and Psychedelics >> The Psychedelic Experience