Home | Community | Message Board

World Seed Supply
Please support our sponsors.

Mushrooms, Mycology and Psychedelics >> Mushroom Cultivation

Welcome to the Shroomery Message Board! You are experiencing a small sample of what the site has to offer. Please login or register to post messages and view our exclusive members-only content. You'll gain access to additional forums, file attachments, board customizations, encrypted private messages, and much more!

Amazon Shop: ½ Pint Jars, Vermiculite, Wild Bird Seed

Jump to first unread post. Pages: 1
InvisibleADoobie
AdoobieShroomery
Male
Loc: I moved!
mixing verm with wbs before casing?
    #3828620 - 02/24/05 07:15 PM (12 years, 6 months ago)

I have soaked/simmer WBS ready to case, and I was thinking about adding some PC'ed water/fieldcapacity verm (3-1) ratio...bad idea? Sounds like begging for contamns to me. Work would be done in a glovebox

peace

--------------------
ADoobie said:
I know what strikes me as odd about this. It is totally unnatural. The whole idea is just totally backwards.

So are historians going to look back at 'The Great Cake Eaters'? Damn. That was a backwards step in the evolutionary process. We left Shroomheads in the dust. Welcome to the new age of Vermheads.

VvVvVvVvVvVvVvVvVvVvVvVvVvVvVvVvVvVvVvVvVvVvVv

I ONLY STUDY legal, edible mushrooms and mycology. Any mention of any other kind of mushroom is purely fictional, and pictures are ripped from the internet. I do not grow mushrooms!

Post Extras: Print Post  Remind Me! Notify Moderator
InvisibleHolydiver
Stranger
 User Gallery

Folding@home Statistics
Loc: The midnight sea
Trusted Cultivator
Re: mixing verm with wbs before casing? [Re: ADoobie]
    #3828645 - 02/24/05 07:21 PM (12 years, 6 months ago)

You have soaked/simmer WBS ready to case? I don't understand. Do you mean ready to inoculate? Or ready to pressure cook? Clarify

No need to add verm to WBS jars, if done correctly they will have plenty of pockets and correct moisture content.

Even performed in a glovebox, if I understand what you're trying to say here, it's super risky contam wise to add verm to sterilized jars.

--------------------
To find a place to live between the negatives and positives.

Offlinejc_illenium
undesirable
Loc: earth
Re: mixing verm with wbs before casing? [Re: Holydiver]
    #3828825 - 02/24/05 08:00 PM (12 years, 6 months ago)

birdseed is a pain in the ass

--------------------
on my knees and burnin
my piss and moans the fuel that
set my head on fire
smell my soul its burnin

InvisibleADoobie
AdoobieShroomery
Male
Loc: I moved!
Re: mixing verm with wbs before casing? [Re: jc_illenium]
    #3829523 - 02/24/05 09:49 PM (12 years, 6 months ago)

hmmm...lets try this again.

Colonized large spawnbags of WBS that has been soaked/simmered/pc'd. (first soak, then simmer, then pc, then innoc karowater, then incubate, then full colonization..."baby steps"...) I was looking at threads in search that suggest mixing in verm while casing...not just in the casing layer

The bags would be opened in a glovebox, verm mixed in, then laid out in a casing dish and casing mix spread on top...

are we on the same page yet?

--------------------
ADoobie said:
I know what strikes me as odd about this. It is totally unnatural. The whole idea is just totally backwards.

So are historians going to look back at 'The Great Cake Eaters'? Damn. That was a backwards step in the evolutionary process. We left Shroomheads in the dust. Welcome to the new age of Vermheads.

VvVvVvVvVvVvVvVvVvVvVvVvVvVvVvVvVvVvVvVvVvVvVv

I ONLY STUDY legal, edible mushrooms and mycology. Any mention of any other kind of mushroom is purely fictional, and pictures are ripped from the internet. I do not grow mushrooms!

Invisibledog
straw dog

Loc: Route 66
Re: mixing verm with wbs before casing? [Re: ADoobie]
    #3829575 - 02/24/05 09:56 PM (12 years, 6 months ago)

Damp verm will supply the much needed moisture that is often lacking in a straight WBS substrate. Do it.

--------------------

Fascism (fash'izem) n. A governmental system marked by a centralized dictatorship, stringent socioeconomic controls, and often belligerent nationalism. see also: the Bush Administration.

Jump to top. Pages: 1

Amazon Shop: ½ Pint Jars, Vermiculite, Wild Bird Seed

Mushrooms, Mycology and Psychedelics >> Mushroom Cultivation