Home | Community | Message Board

This site includes paid links. Please support our sponsors.

Welcome to the Shroomery Message Board! You are experiencing a small sample of what the site has to offer. Please login or register to post messages and view our exclusive members-only content. You'll gain access to additional forums, file attachments, board customizations, encrypted private messages, and much more!

Shop: Kraken Kratom Red Vein Kratom   MagicBag.co All-In-One Bags That Don't Suck   Original Sensible Seeds Autoflowering Cannabis Seeds   North Spore Bulk Substrate

Jump to first unread post Pages: 1
Some of these posts are very old and might contain outdated information. You may wish to search for newer posts instead.
OfflineShiznitz
addict
Loc: Canada
Quick Colonization
    #382677 - 08/31/01 09:48 AM (22 years, 7 months ago)

My friend had 6 jars that took 6 weeks to colonize. Obviously, that's very slow. So this time, she would like to have a "nromal" colonization time. SHe thinks her last jars took long because of several reasons:
1) The temp. was kind of cold.
2) The lids were very tight.
3) The tinfoil was left on top, covering the innoc. holes.

Are these reasons correct? What should she do to have her jars colonize faster? This is what she plans on doing:
-Last time, she put the jars hiding under her dresser, directly on the carpeted floor. So this time, she is putting the jars in a tupperware container, and putting them off the floor in her closet.
-She will loosen the lids about a 1/4 turn. (Is this a good thing to do, or will it increase contam's?)

Anything else that you do to have a quick colonization? Any tips would be appreciated. Thanks in advance...

LEGALIZE...

--------------------
LEGALIZE...

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Invisiblepuscle
genius of love
Loc: NY
Re: Quick Colonization [Re: Shiznitz]
    #382726 - 08/31/01 12:06 PM (22 years, 7 months ago)

Sounds like a good plan.

InvisibleMy Third Eye
old hand

Folding@home Statistics
Re: Quick Colonization [Re: puscle]
    #382728 - 08/31/01 12:15 PM (22 years, 7 months ago)

sounds like a good plan..i dont think loosening the lids will increase contamination unless they are really loose..you may want to try a heating pad.also you could try using filter discs in place of your lids for better air exchange..peace

The light that fueled our fire then has burned a hole between us so
We cannot see to reach an end crippling our communication

--------------------
suddenly a flaming stealth banana split the sky
like one would hope but never really expect
to see in a place like this.
Cutting right angle donuts on a dime
and stopping right at my Birkenstocks,
and me yelping...Holy fucking shit!

OfflineL3D
enthusiast
    #382748 - 08/31/01 12:40 PM (22 years, 7 months ago)

Since i belive you/your friend are trying to do this so the parents don't find out.You may wnat to try what someone suggested to me (i think it was club99 to give him credit) wrap them up in a swet shirt and place them in the dresser. Nice and warm/dark and consealed good. unless your parents go through your draws.(i think a tupperware in a closet might be eaier to find though)

jsut trying to help

L3D

OfflineShiznitz
addict
Loc: Canada
Re: Quick Colonization [Re: L3D]
    #382758 - 08/31/01 01:06 PM (22 years, 7 months ago)

Yeah you're right, my friend IS trying to grow "stealth", as I like to say... The sweater thing sounds like a good idea, maybe she'll do that.

One more thing. She should leave the tinfoil on for now, and take it off later on when the jars colonized, right?

LEGALIZE...

--------------------
LEGALIZE...

Offlinefiddler4u
enthusiast
Loc: Where the shrooms are gre...
    #382762 - 08/31/01 01:14 PM (22 years, 7 months ago)

Not sure if you still mad at me or not considering we flamed one another on my post. But if you still want a good tek...try this.....
I was taught on here along time ago (before I volentered myself to be brain washed by the military), from someone who is very respected on this web site. This person goes by the name "shroommage". Anyway once getting his seal of approval, I ventured out on my own to find the supersub. tek. (name not pat.).
I use good old brown rice(grind up yourself), verm., flax seed(grind that up too), and finch seed.
Before you write this off try it. I have been using this for 2 yrs. 83-84 temp. totall darkness, has always given me 100% colo. in about 8-9 days. 7 days has been the record.
The only reason i'm writting this to you is to tie the not so to speak with each other, even though you shot and killed the messanger boy..he he.
good luck!

--------------------
I am the vine, you are the branches. If a man remains in me, and I in him, he will bare much fruit.
Apart from me you can do nothing. john 15:5

OfflineL3D
enthusiast
    #382841 - 08/31/01 04:04 PM (22 years, 7 months ago)

>>One more thing. She should leave the tinfoil on for now, and take it off later on when the jars colonized, right?

I would leave it on until they are 90-100% or until growth slows down due to lack of air exchange.

L3D

InvisibleZen Peddler
Male User Gallery

Loc: orbit
Re: Quick Colonization [Re: L3D]
    #383111 - 09/01/01 01:03 AM (22 years, 7 months ago)

my advice for quick colonisation (hope this helps) is to use five innoculation points and cover each hole with an alcohol swab for air exchange without risk of contams. - warmth also makes a big difference

--------------------

Offlinezhukov
enthusiast
Loc: Australia
    #383116 - 09/01/01 01:13 AM (22 years, 7 months ago)

Yeah I think warmth (about 85*C) makes a difference, and you can also cover the innoculation holes with medical micropore tape from a chemists' right from the beginning - this lets air in to colonise faster but keeps contams out...:)

Serge the Baby Harp Seal - Scourge of the FashionIndustry
'He's funny and he's furry and a Psy-cho-path!'

OfflineKosmokos
Stranger
Loc: U.S.A.
    #383169 - 09/01/01 03:17 AM (22 years, 7 months ago)

~~~Temperature: If your cold, your growing mycelium is cold.
~~~Air: If you followed the PF Tek (fanaticus.com), then you should have four ventilation holes in the lid where you innoculated. This should be sufficient for CO2 exchange. Consider also that tupperware will seal your growing environment and trap in CO2. Trapped CO2 may create a light yellow-ness in areas----known as mycelium piss. This is bad Juju. ;o)
~~~Tin foil: Take it off (save it for the next batch) and let your babies breath! Oxygen is life.
~~~On a sidenote: A little indirect light exposure is good for mycelium growth, if you can see 'em that's enough light.

"He who's knows others is wise, he who knows himself is enlightened." ---Lao Tzu

--------------------
"He who's knows others is wise, he who knows himself is enlightened." ---Lao Tzu

InvisibleJubei
Anime Character
Re: Quick Colonization [Re: fiddler4u]
    #847049 - 08/27/02 01:17 PM (21 years, 7 months ago)

In reply to:

I use good old brown rice(grind up yourself), verm., flax seed(grind that up too), and finch seed.
Before you write this off try it. I have been using this for 2 yrs. 83-84 temp. totall darkness, has always given me 100% colo. in about 8-9 days. 7 days has been the record.

8-9 days?!? now that's what i want. could you please give the measured amounts of all the things you are using in your substrate?

Invisibletekramrepus
Female User Gallery
Re: Quick Colonization [Re: Jubei]
    #847169 - 08/27/02 02:26 PM (21 years, 7 months ago)

How do u know he/she still posts here? this post is a year old!

InvisibleJubei
Anime Character
Re: Quick Colonization [Re: tekramrepus]
    #847789 - 08/27/02 06:39 PM (21 years, 7 months ago)

just hoping, there's no harm in trying. maybe someone knows of this tek and can direct me to it, or perhaps someone else will see it and post on how they personally have gotten colonization times to speed up. all else fails this thread will just get buried again. no worries mate.

OfflineMacey Howard
Formally MOE HOWARD
Female

Loc: Georgia
Post deleted by Moe Howard [Re: Shiznitz]
    #847859 - 08/27/02 07:10 PM (21 years, 7 months ago)

--------------------
Hugs and Kisses!

Invisibletekramrepus
Female User Gallery
Re: Quick Colonization [Re: Macey Howard]
    #847879 - 08/27/02 07:17 PM (21 years, 7 months ago)

thats three words

Jump to top Pages: 1

Shop: Kraken Kratom Red Vein Kratom   MagicBag.co All-In-One Bags That Don't Suck   Original Sensible Seeds Autoflowering Cannabis Seeds   North Spore Bulk Substrate