Home | Community | Message Board

This site includes paid links. Please support our sponsors.

Welcome to the Shroomery Message Board! You are experiencing a small sample of what the site has to offer. Please login or register to post messages and view our exclusive members-only content. You'll gain access to additional forums, file attachments, board customizations, encrypted private messages, and much more!

Shop: PhytoExtractum Maeng Da Thai Kratom Leaf Powder   Kraken Kratom Red Vein Kratom   North Spore North Spore Mushroom Grow Kits & Cultivation Supplies   Unfolding Nature Unfolding Nature: Being in the Implicate Order   Original Sensible Seeds Autoflowering Cannabis Seeds   Bridgetown Botanicals Bridgetown Botanicals

Jump to first unread post Pages: 1
Offlineslaphappy
Its just me
 User Gallery

Loc: Norway, Eidsvoll, Råholt...
boredom and spirituality + philosophy * 1
    #3825603 - 02/23/05 11:41 PM (19 years, 1 month ago)

I seem to create things out of boredom...when I've nothing to do, I make something. A song, a poem, a post. Something.

This is made out of boredom. I have nothing to do so I write this.

Actually, I am caffeinated and my sleep-rhythm is fucked sideways. Still.

Wanting something to do, late hours of the day, when everybody is asleep forces me to think all by my lonesome. I think of things, and I always end up thinking "why am I thinking these things?" then I answer that, and then I go "why did I do that?" and then I go "why am I asking why all the time, and why wont it ever end" and then I go "argh! fuck it all!". Yes fuck it all.

When it reaches the point of "fuck it all" in my mind, that's when my body starts "communicating". I'm twisting and bending every definition and re-mapping every bit of reality that people bring by. I browse forums and read tons of shit on IRC, scoping out shit I can comment and people I can direct my total frustration and lack of understanding towards.

Somebody says something, and I'll respond by telling that person that whatever he said somebody else was doing, he is really doing himself by saying that - because every lingual concept is meta-influence-spells that will bend "reality" to a certain degree depending on your charisma and reputation points.

For example the [url="http://www.shroomery.org/forums/showflat.php?Cat=0&Board=Forum11&Number=3822070&page=0&fpart=all"]"assumptions in the mind"[/url] - where the guy points out his views on how to separate assumptions and fact. Because I'm bored out of my wits, and caffeinated enough to form coherent sentences I go "assumptions is reality" and you change that by assuming stuff. Facts is nothing but assumed facts, and that's really it.

The point is that I elaborate into self-reflecting areas when I'm bored. I become the creator, and I decide whats right - because nobody is telling me what to do in this given moment.

Its not that I suddenly have deep understanding in certain areas, as it may seem - I don't have these moments of enlightenment. Its not moments of clarity that makes me see more clearly, its moments of boredom that makes me look at all!

When I'm bored, my ego can utter its complete understanding of the surroundings. I'm bored because my surroundings are calmer, because not much is happening. Because not much is happening, I can focus on what little is happening, and that way I use my brain more efficiently.

Throughout the day, I watch so much TV, chat so much on IRC and play so many video-games my brain is totally liquid at the end of a 2 day coca-cola + cannabis binge. My brain is at every moment so overstimulated, I have no time to grasp anything over the other, everything just kind of cancel each-other out - and all this shit, all this everything, just turns into nothing. It overloads my brain, and at some point I really peak, I blow a stimulation-fuse or something - and everything just turns into static noise. SHHHHHHHHHHHSHSHHSHSHHHHHHHHHHHHHHSHHHHHHHHHHHHHSHSHHHHHHHHHH
HHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHSHSHSHHHH
HHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHSHSHSHSHSHSHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHSHSHSHSHSHSHH
HSSSSSSSSSSSSSHHHHHHHHHHSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSHSHSHS

My eyes get kinda square and I sit there in total agony for a long time, in a state called "total and max boredom". This is the time were I'm not happy until I shut everything off and become totally numb to the universe. I wont be happy until I sleep. My mind is wreck.

This is the time I start posting shit. This is the time I start making music. This is the time I start writing poems. This is the time I start thinking. This is the time I start planning. This is the time I start to think ahead. This is the time I start to think about other people. This is the time I feel compassionate hate. This is the time my feelings totally collapse upon themselves and has to find an exit. This is the time my language skills comes in handy. This is the time I really enjoy forums.

This is the time my spirituality and philosophy forms.

This is the time I map out my reality.

This is the time I decide.

This is the time I observe.

This is the time I live.

--------------------
The argent messenger of truth beyond truth, the antithesis of life, cruel and bleak as interstellar space, pulseless and frozen as absolute zero, dazzling with the frost of irrefragable logic and unforgettable fact.

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
OfflinePhanTomCat
Teh Cat....
Male User Gallery

Loc: My Youniverse....
Re: boredom and spirituality + philosophy [Re: slaphappy] * 1
    #3825767 - 02/24/05 12:22 AM (19 years, 1 month ago)

Cool and descriptive self analyzation....  :thumbup:

Why wait till bordom hits before you choose to create...? 
Or is it a conscious choice because it *seems* to work well for you...?

And, do you *feel* that bordom itself is a choice, or a natural occuring state of consciousness....?

Bordom seems to be your choice of description, but thru~ that "boredom", you choose to be creative, thus making you "not bored" anymore....  So is it really boredom that sparks that creativity, or is it just another level of consiousness that you enter....?

I personally find sleep deprivation to be very creatively motivating, along with the ever expanding selection of psychoactives....  Sometimes it is that passion for creativeness that drives that sleep deprivation alone and all by itself (redundant, I know :tongue:)....  The more I learn about levels of consciousness and how it directly effects me and my creativity, the more profound it *seems* to be perceived....    And perception *seems* to be a KEY (if you will) to a creative state of mind - at least for me....  If one could only find a way to stay sleep deprived without causing harm to the physical body....  :frown:

Then I know that there are others that are completely creative without the *need* for altering their consciousness, and I wonder, "What the fuck is wrong with me, and why am I a *better* creative expresser with the *aid* of altering my consciousness....?"  It is almost as if the varying shades of consciousness and awareness can be used as a tool of sorts....

Indeed, most perplexing....  :what:

One small correction to your post....    This is the time WE live....  :tongue:

--------------------
I'll be your midnight French Fry....  :naughty:

"The most important things in life that are often ignored, are the things that one cannot see...."

>^;;^<

Offlineslaphappy
Its just me
 User Gallery

Re: boredom and spirituality + philosophy [Re: PhanTomCat]
    #3826524 - 02/24/05 08:26 AM (19 years, 1 month ago)

I don't think we should stribe for creativity, as much as we should try to destroy whatever makes us creative in this way.

Overloaded creativity exists solely to remove the overload, by separating reality into comprehencable bits of information and restacking it in our neo-cortex.

Which has to be done over and over, because of our endless routine loop - what we call our behavioural pattern.

In essense turning off the television, computer and everything else for a week, would make me totally bored - but in the other direction.

Then creativity would spawn from the emptyness of existance, and that IMHO would create something far more interesting than some overloaded circuit spark.

I will discover the silence, and I will discover that I can fill this silence with whatever I want. This, rather than forcing me to raise my voice above the level of noise, would make me the master of my own surroundings.

In oposition to being in desperate need to "top" everything else going on, I can finally get placid enough to be myself without being a direct result of my chaotic surroundings.

I can be myself and let my surroundings be the result of my chaotic inner being!

I'm gonna pack my bag and pick up a walking-stick and graze the earth, as soon as I can finish this logical train of thought.

--------------------
The argent messenger of truth beyond truth, the antithesis of life, cruel and bleak as interstellar space, pulseless and frozen as absolute zero, dazzling with the frost of irrefragable logic and unforgettable fact.

Offlineexclusive58
illegal alien

#3826865 - 02/24/05 10:23 AM (19 years, 1 month ago)

Like PhanTomCat said, sweet self-analyzation.

i don't think though, that boredom is a very sane state to be in. its good that you're creative, but if it's something that only comes when you're bored...i don't know.

from what i read, i think you've got very energetic and tonic inner activity, but i don't think that you're directing this energy in a beneficial manner for you and  for others. i'd say that your mind is like a messy room that you need to clean up so that you can see more clearly what you're looking for. i don't know if i'm right though, take this as an honest opinion, and get some meditation goin there :wink:

boredom is counterrevolutionary

peace

--------------------

Offlineslaphappy
Its just me
 User Gallery

Re: boredom and spirituality + philosophy [Re: exclusive58]
    #3827362 - 02/24/05 12:42 PM (19 years, 1 month ago)

Thank you! :smile:

Everything is indeed messy, and my appartment reflects that perfectly!

I just hate cleaning up. I just hate it. I gotta clean that up first, and that just plain sucks.

--------------------

Invisibleredgreenvines
irregular verb
 User Gallery

#3827454 - 02/24/05 01:11 PM (19 years, 1 month ago)

i liked the first post, rant, race, chorus, and fade out.
orgasmic in a way.

for the sake of art just leave it messy

--------------------
:confused: _ :brainfart:🧠  _ :finger:

Invisibledorkus
Re: boredom and spirituality + philosophy *DELETED* [Re: slaphappy]
    #3827457 - 02/24/05 01:12 PM (19 years, 1 month ago)

Post deleted by dorkus

Reason for deletion: .

Offlineslaphappy
Its just me
 User Gallery

Re: boredom and spirituality + philosophy [Re: dorkus]
    #3827555 - 02/24/05 01:35 PM (19 years, 1 month ago)

mandelbrot, you managed to make no sense whatsoever, and for that I respect you.

Nevertheless I feel that whatever opinion you are trying to express is wrong, and that I am correct in every utterance.

I also agree, my post was almost pretty, in that twisted artist kind of way. Sometimes I just have it. Sometimes I just don't. Now, for instance, I really really don't have it. I'm just rushing through this shit, because I have something *really important* satirical masterpiece to watch on television. Yes, thats right, I'm back in the sack. Cya...

--------------------

Invisibleredgreenvines
irregular verb
 User Gallery

Re: boredom and spirituality + philosophy [Re: slaphappy]
    #3827574 - 02/24/05 01:38 PM (19 years, 1 month ago)

creation from me is a compulsion, there is no resistance, i am usually in the way of a psychic mac truck, i get squished, the result smarts - repeat

--------------------
:confused: _ :brainfart:🧠  _ :finger:

Jump to top Pages: 1

Shop: PhytoExtractum Maeng Da Thai Kratom Leaf Powder   Kraken Kratom Red Vein Kratom   North Spore North Spore Mushroom Grow Kits & Cultivation Supplies   Unfolding Nature Unfolding Nature: Being in the Implicate Order   Original Sensible Seeds Autoflowering Cannabis Seeds   Bridgetown Botanicals Bridgetown Botanicals