Home | Community | Message Board

SoulSpeciosa Kratom
Please support our sponsors.

General Interest >> Philosophy, Sociology & Psychology

Welcome to the Shroomery Message Board! You are experiencing a small sample of what the site has to offer. Please login or register to post messages and view our exclusive members-only content. You'll gain access to additional forums, file attachments, board customizations, encrypted private messages, and much more!

Jump to first unread post. Pages: 1
InvisibleSinbad
Living TheMoment
Male

Loc: Under The Bodhi Tree
Goals in the Mind *DELETED*
    #3827451 - 02/24/05 03:10 PM (12 years, 4 months ago)

Post deleted by Sinbad

Reason for deletion: various

--------------------

Edited by Sinbad (02/24/05 04:23 PM)

Post Extras: Print Post  Remind Me! Notify Moderator
InvisibleSinbad
Living TheMoment
Male

Re: Goals in the Mind [Re: Sinbad]
    #3831573 - 02/25/05 04:29 AM (12 years, 4 months ago)

Guess what, another one of my posts was overlooked, and sunk to the bottom of the pile.  :grin:

I put time and effort into this little baby, and none of you want to feed him, i may even consider adoption (of new terminology).  :grin:

Oh well, that teaches me for having expectations and assumptions.

:lol:

--------------------

OfflineMitchnast
Trial by Madness
Male User Gallery Arcade Champion: Mahjong

Loc: Okanagan Flag
    #3831610 - 02/25/05 04:47 AM (12 years, 4 months ago)

personally, im not attrated to other peoples veiws on meditation enough to want to read them through if they, on the surface seem overly elaborate.

furthermore, for example:

"We are just doing it like a child playing with mud. It doesn't play with mud for any reason, but it is totally absorbed, fully fascinated, absolutely enjoying it. If we were to ask the child why it is doing that, it wouldn't be able to tell us. It's just doing it. This is meditation You are simply bringing the mind back into the moment. The moment the mind is locked onto a goal, that goal abruptly ends mediation. It then simply becomes an inner struggle to achieve something. "

I do not agree with. YET i cannot explain why, nor do I feel compelled to try. perhaps this is because the topic is not something I personally am passionate about. perhaps others share this, or feel their understanding of such things is a personal matter, the likes of which, although not secret, are complete enough internalied.
still others may disaggree with you, but due to their understanding of self-understanding, they have doubly focussed on themselves. OR perhaps some people diddnt look at it. maybe some people are mastering bate to transvestite pron instead.

I however can only speak for myself

the reason I replied in this thread was because, if people aren't paying you're efforts attention, then at least perhaps they can let you know why in a real personal way.

--------------------

InvisibleSinbad
Living TheMoment
Male

Re: Goals in the Mind [Re: Mitchnast]
    #3831626 - 02/25/05 04:58 AM (12 years, 4 months ago)

Those are some very fair comments, meditation is a highly personal thing.

It tried to keep things quite simple, but maybe they do seem a little elaborate on the surface?

Tell me people, should i bother to keep posting about meditation in this forum?

--------------------

OfflineMitchnast
Trial by Madness
Male User Gallery Arcade Champion: Mahjong

Loc: Okanagan Flag
    #3831682 - 02/25/05 05:18 AM (12 years, 4 months ago)

who am i to answer that for you :wink:

--------------------

Offlinea_h_w
Stranger
Re: Goals in the Mind [Re: Mitchnast]
    #3831731 - 02/25/05 06:40 AM (12 years, 4 months ago)

you should definitely keep posting on meditation.

but actually buddhism says you should meditate focusing your mind in a particular thing. like an image of the buddha for example. so it's not having nothing in your mind.

and I think goals are important in life. they propel action and can be used to trap attention. for instance you decide you're going to wash dishes. you start doing it and it is something you can do so automatically that you can let your mind go and wonder through million thoughts. you can take advantage of this and start using your second attention, realizing where the mind goes on its own and where it stops. instead of stopping your body, which for some people may be uncomfortable and more difficult, you put it doing some automated action and take advantage of the fact to analyze the mind.

the important thing is not taking goals too seriously and forgetting them the moment you start acting. when acting all your focus should be on your action. when fully focused on the action you can let go and observe the mind and body fully focused on that action, no longer yours but of that body and mind fully focused. this gives you the distance needed to see things clearly and without prejudice.

so I think goals are important, for a moment at least, until you release them into action.

Jump to top. Pages: 1

General Interest >> Philosophy, Sociology & Psychology