Home | Community | Message Board

Original Seeds Store
This site includes paid links. Please support our sponsors.

Welcome to the Shroomery Message Board! You are experiencing a small sample of what the site has to offer. Please login or register to post messages and view our exclusive members-only content. You'll gain access to additional forums, file attachments, board customizations, encrypted private messages, and much more!

Shop: MagicBag.co All-In-One Bags That Don't Suck   Myyco.com Golden Teacher Liquid Culture For Sale   North Spore Bulk Substrate   Mushroom-Hut Liquid Cultures   Original Sensible Seeds Bulk Cannabis Seeds   Left Coast Kratom Buy Kratom Extract

Jump to first unread post Pages: 1 | 2 | Next >  [ show all ]
Some of these posts are very old and might contain outdated information. You may wish to search for newer posts instead.
Offlinethenewguy05
The Mushroom Man
 User Gallery

Loc: My Underground Layer
I made A cake too small!!!
    #3826445 - 02/24/05 07:46 AM (19 years, 1 month ago)

last night i made some fresh south american cakes and i made one to small with like and inch of vermiculite on top. i feel like a boob cuz i've never messed a jar up b4.i mean it's not hard to make a damn jar but i was wondering if this could be good or is this going to be bad. has anyone every been a boob like me. i figure it will collonize faster since it's smaller but getting the needle down to the substrate was a stretch; but i got it down there. what could be the effects of this. i plan on casing it anyway so i figure it will just be a smaller cake. any input??? :confused:

Edited by thenewguy05 (02/24/05 08:21 AM)

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
InvisibleDamn_Skippy
Fell off theWagon

Re: I made A cake too small!!! [Re: thenewguy05]
    #3826519 - 02/24/05 08:23 AM (19 years, 1 month ago)

It won't matter.... smaller cake that you are going to case just gives you a smaller substrate layer

--------------------
~Skipp
"I like cigarettes, Miss Taggart. I like to think of fire held in a man's hand. Fire, a dangerous force, tamed at his fingertips. I often wonder about the hours when a man sits alone, watching the smoke of a cigarette, thinking. I wonder what great things have come alive from such hours. When a man thinks, there is a spot of fire alive in his mind---and it is proper that he should have the burning point of a cigarette as his one expression."

OfflineKulTiVater
Comfortably Numb
Male User Gallery

Loc: Wonderland
Re: I made A cake too small!!! [Re: Damn_Skippy]
    #3826536 - 02/24/05 08:32 AM (19 years, 1 month ago)

so its not all that bad to make a small ckae then, but how do you kno when you have made it to small?? Cuz i packed the shit in the jar and it shrank up afew hours after i strelizied it. Is that just normal for it???

Offlinethenewguy05
The Mushroom Man
 User Gallery

#3826540 - 02/24/05 08:36 AM (19 years, 1 month ago)

thanx for replying. well i have 10 cakes inoculated this morning (i ordered the plastic canning jars and got them in the mail last night so i had to try 'em out) well i did all the rest of them just fine but something about that last one was messed up. i didn't even notice till this morning that there was like an inch of vermiculite on top. I figure what th hell smaller cake; little less colonization time.

Edited by thenewguy05 (02/24/05 08:39 AM)

InvisibleDamn_Skippy
Fell off theWagon

Re: I made A cake too small!!! [Re: KulTiVater]
    #3826560 - 02/24/05 08:46 AM (19 years, 1 month ago)

yes. you shouldn't "pack" it in there anyways. you want the substrate to be airy

--------------------
~Skipp
"I like cigarettes, Miss Taggart. I like to think of fire held in a man's hand. Fire, a dangerous force, tamed at his fingertips. I often wonder about the hours when a man sits alone, watching the smoke of a cigarette, thinking. I wonder what great things have come alive from such hours. When a man thinks, there is a spot of fire alive in his mind---and it is proper that he should have the burning point of a cigarette as his one expression."

OfflineKulTiVater
Comfortably Numb
Male User Gallery

#3826572 - 02/24/05 08:51 AM (19 years, 1 month ago)

ight thanks and you kno the sterilizing teh for the microwave works to i used for some cambodians and they are inculating well.

OfflineKulTiVater
Comfortably Numb
Male User Gallery

#3826583 - 02/24/05 08:53 AM (19 years, 1 month ago)

Cant wait to post pics of the Lipas =)

Offlinethenewguy05
The Mushroom Man
 User Gallery

#3826627 - 02/24/05 09:07 AM (19 years, 1 month ago)

well i only taped it on my palm twice to get the vermiculite good and leveled added some more vermiculite and cooker her. these new jars aren't like the glass ones with the rim(that's what i usually go by is that rim). i'm just glad i didn't go so far that the needle would go into the substrate cuz that would suck. i'm now out of spores and have to wait for my bag to fruit to get some prints. will it be a bad idea to but a whole print into 1 or 2 syringes???

InvisibleDamn_Skippy
Fell off theWagon

#3826639 - 02/24/05 09:13 AM (19 years, 1 month ago)

why would that be a bad idea? Put it all into one syringe if you want, and your next grow there will be some fast colonization

--------------------
~Skipp

OfflineKulTiVater
Comfortably Numb
Male User Gallery

#3826642 - 02/24/05 09:15 AM (19 years, 1 month ago)

I put a whole print in a syringe i think the more you put in the more cc's you get cuz i made a syringe from a cambodian print and got it in one syringe and i got good colonization and the spore print came from Home Stead books.

OfflineKulTiVater
Comfortably Numb
Male User Gallery

i used a whole syringe for one jar is that bad???? [Re: KulTiVater]
    #3826646 - 02/24/05 09:19 AM (19 years, 1 month ago)

i used a whole syringe on one jar am i goin to have probelms or am i ok and what should i do with it Case it??

Offlinethenewguy05
The Mushroom Man
 User Gallery

#3826652 - 02/24/05 09:20 AM (19 years, 1 month ago)

well i usually make partially dilluted syringes (like 70%water to 30% spores) but i just bought those syringes from ryvmed and they are 20ml so i might be able to do it but wasn't sure if it would be a waste to just do 1 or 2 syringes.i figured more spores faster colonization time.

InvisibleDamn_Skippy
Fell off theWagon

Re: i used a whole syringe for one jar is that bad???? [Re: KulTiVater]
    #3826654 - 02/24/05 09:22 AM (19 years, 1 month ago)

:sigh:

no, no problems.

do whatever you want with it. case it, cake it, eat it doesn't matter

--------------------
~Skipp

Offlinethenewguy05
The Mushroom Man
 User Gallery

Re: i used a whole syringe for one jar is that bad???? [Re: Damn_Skippy]
    #3826691 - 02/24/05 09:36 AM (19 years, 1 month ago)

I used a whole 10ml in a small straw mycobag and it's still takeing about the same time. it's still not ready yet and that was the 26th of last month. So MYC is almost a month old. next time i think i'll just use the regular amount (2-3cc's) what is the differance between cc's and ml's???

OfflineKulTiVater
Comfortably Numb
Male User Gallery

Re: i used a whole syringe for one jar is that bad???? [Re: thenewguy05]
    #3826695 - 02/24/05 09:37 AM (19 years, 1 month ago)

you joking or can you really et that shit

InvisibleDamn_Skippy
Fell off theWagon

#3826701 - 02/24/05 09:38 AM (19 years, 1 month ago)

1cc = 1ml

--------------------
~Skipp

InvisibleDamn_Skippy
Fell off theWagon

#3826704 - 02/24/05 09:39 AM (19 years, 1 month ago)

you can eat your cakes if you want... search it. some have done it

--------------------
~Skipp

OfflineKulTiVater
Comfortably Numb
Male User Gallery

#3826706 - 02/24/05 09:40 AM (19 years, 1 month ago)

i dont kno about the cc's and ml cuz i asked my girls mom about that and she said there wasnt one shes a diabetic so she could be right, and i also used a whole syringe on a spawn bag and its moving along fast but what kind of strain did you use ???

Offlinethenewguy05
The Mushroom Man
 User Gallery

#3826717 - 02/24/05 09:46 AM (19 years, 1 month ago)

I HAVE ONLY GROWN SOUTH AMERICANS AND GOLDEN TEACHERS. I LIKE THE SOUTH AMERICANS.I THINK IT'S CUZ THE CAPS LOOK COOL. I HAVE VERY LITTLE EXPERIENCE WITH THE GOLDEN TEACHERS.WHAT I KNOW ABOUT GT IS THEY ARE PRETTY GOOD GROWING AND POTENCY.WHO KNOWS WHEN I DO MORE GT'S I MIGHT LIKE THEM BETTER. I'VE READ YOU CAN EAT THE MYCELLIUM BUT I THINK I'LL JUST WAIT FOR THE MUSHIES. THE THOUGHT OF EATING VERMICULITE WEIRDS ME OUT.

Edited by thenewguy05 (02/24/05 09:48 AM)

OfflineKulTiVater
Comfortably Numb
Male User Gallery

#3826727 - 02/24/05 09:50 AM (19 years, 1 month ago)

thats tight man i wanted to go with the GT but i went with the thai one sthat i talk about but they are not done so i dont kno how they will be but i mainly got the thai ones cuz they are more resistant to contaminents so we will see the cambodians i just got those and they are colinizing fast as shit i cant beleave it and i started those like a week after my Lipas. But i want to get the golden teachers next. if you want and shit goes well id be down to do some trading.

Jump to top Pages: 1 | 2 | Next >  [ show all ]

Shop: MagicBag.co All-In-One Bags That Don't Suck   Myyco.com Golden Teacher Liquid Culture For Sale   North Spore Bulk Substrate   Mushroom-Hut Liquid Cultures   Original Sensible Seeds Bulk Cannabis Seeds   Left Coast Kratom Buy Kratom Extract