Home | Community | Message Board

Original Seeds Store - Cannabis Seeds
Please support our sponsors.

Mushrooms, Mycology and Psychedelics >> Mushroom Cultivation

Welcome to the Shroomery Message Board! You are experiencing a small sample of what the site has to offer. Please login or register to post messages and view our exclusive members-only content. You'll gain access to additional forums, file attachments, board customizations, encrypted private messages, and much more!

Jump to first unread post. Pages: 1
OfflineRaspo
Poopsmith
 User Gallery
Casing question(s)!
    #3826567 - 02/24/05 10:49 AM (11 years, 9 months ago)

My casing (my first) was left to sit for a week after I cased it and then I opened the top of the sterlite container to give it air. The sides/bottom are covered with duct tape to block out light. When I left the casing to incubate the temperature was around 75-80 degrees. Is it possible that I'm not spraying enough (there is good air circulation and the temperature is between 70 and 75 degrees for the "fruiting" cycle). It's been four days and all I see is a few patches of white here and there...I'm getting scared that it's not working right?? Could it be too dry? Should I spray more...currently I spray 12-15 pumps every 12 hours...don't know if it needs more water (for humidity?)...someone help!

Post Extras: Print Post  Remind Me! Notify Moderator
Offlinelordoftheshroomz
recoveringaddict
 User Gallery

Loc: wouldn't you like to kno ...
Re: Casing question(s)! [Re: Raspo]
    #3826579 - 02/24/05 10:52 AM (11 years, 9 months ago)

dont spray it too too much and its getting to be tiem to fruit which means you'll need to take the top off and put it in the fruiting chamber

--------------------
MY Glove Box, Automated Terrarium, and Incubator
Lil' Wyte, Three Six Mafia, Project Pat will bring it to ya door if theres ana on ya chest.
THE PATRIOT ACT MAY BE THE DOOM OF US ALL! THEY CAN GET THINGS LIKE YOUR MEDICAL/LEGAL RECORDS, YOUR INTERNET HISTORY, YOUR GOOGLE SEARCH INFORMATION, ALL WITHOUT PROBABLE CAUSE OR A WARRANT! ALSO NO ONE CAN LEGALLY TELL YOU. YOU'LL NEVER KNOW UNTIL IT'S TOO LATE, THIS ISN'T EXACTLY A FREE COUNTRY ANYMORE NOW IS IT? THEY ARE DESTROYING THIS COUNTRY SO THEY CAN GET RICHER! THE WAR IN IRAQ ACCOMPLISHED NOTHING! HELP GET THE CONSERVATIVE RIGHT WING-NUTS OUT OF POWER, MAKE AN EDUCATED VOTE!

InvisibleDamn_Skippy
Fell off theWagon

Re: Casing question(s)! [Re: lordoftheshroomz]
    #3826594 - 02/24/05 10:56 AM (11 years, 9 months ago)

sounds like you are doing everything right to me.... just use some patience. It's only been 4 days

--------------------
~Skipp
"I like cigarettes, Miss Taggart. I like to think of fire held in a man's hand. Fire, a dangerous force, tamed at his fingertips. I often wonder about the hours when a man sits alone, watching the smoke of a cigarette, thinking. I wonder what great things have come alive from such hours. When a man thinks, there is a spot of fire alive in his mind---and it is proper that he should have the burning point of a cigarette as his one expression."

OfflineRaspo
Poopsmith
 User Gallery
Re: Casing question(s)! [Re: Damn_Skippy]
    #3826721 - 02/24/05 11:47 AM (11 years, 9 months ago)

My I ask what would be suitable for a fruiting chamber?? Right now my casing is in a sterlite container sitting on top of my buddy's desk, so does it need to be somewhere else? Like a box or a container? I don't really have a terrerium or anything like that...maybe I should make one?

Now that I think of it, I have a regular cooler...maybe that would work (leave it half way open for air circulation??). Sorry for all the questions, I've read the FAQ and the teks but this is all new to me so I want to make sure I do it 100% correct. Thanks for all the information!

By any chance does anyone have any pictures of what a casing is supposed to look like right before the fruiting stage??

Edited by Raspo (02/24/05 12:04 PM)

OfflineSteel27Odin
Drugs andAlcohol arebad....UNKAYYY

#3826895 - 02/24/05 12:31 PM (11 years, 9 months ago)

POOR MANS POD = PMP is the way to go

--------------------
Life is but a dream.......

InvisibleDamn_Skippy
Fell off theWagon

Re: Casing question(s)! [Re: Steel27Odin]
    #3826906 - 02/24/05 12:35 PM (11 years, 9 months ago)

a PMP, a rubbermade, or anywhere that you can control the environment inside

a cooler would work.

plenty of casing pics here
http://www.shroomery.org/forums/showflat.php/Cat/0/Number/3290155/an/0/page/0

--------------------
~Skipp
"I like cigarettes, Miss Taggart. I like to think of fire held in a man's hand. Fire, a dangerous force, tamed at his fingertips. I often wonder about the hours when a man sits alone, watching the smoke of a cigarette, thinking. I wonder what great things have come alive from such hours. When a man thinks, there is a spot of fire alive in his mind---and it is proper that he should have the burning point of a cigarette as his one expression."

Invisiblegeorge castanzaM
Lord Of The Idiots!
 User Gallery Arcade Champion: BurgerTime, Space Invaders
Trusted Cultivator
    #3826933 - 02/24/05 12:41 PM (11 years, 9 months ago)

Quote:

Raspo said:
My casing (my first) was left to sit for a week after I cased it and then I opened the top of the sterlite container to give it air. The sides/bottom are covered with duct tape to block out light.  When I left the casing to incubate the temperature was around 75-80 degrees.  Is it possible that I'm not spraying enough (there is good air circulation and the temperature is between 70 and 75 degrees for the "fruiting" cycle). It's been four days and all I see is a few patches of white here and there...I'm getting scared that it's not working right?? Could it be too dry? Should I spray more...currently I spray 12-15 pumps every 12 hours...don't know if it needs more water (for humidity?)...someone help!

get those temps to 84-85F and you will be amazed at the change in growth rate!
:tongue2:

--------------------

Quote:

pftek said:Impossible to clean everything right now. Maybe in a week.

ROTHBURY

:pm:

Jump to top. Pages: 1

Mushrooms, Mycology and Psychedelics >> Mushroom Cultivation