Home | Community | Message Board

This site includes paid links. Please support our sponsors.

Welcome to the Shroomery Message Board! You are experiencing a small sample of what the site has to offer. Please login or register to post messages and view our exclusive members-only content. You'll gain access to additional forums, file attachments, board customizations, encrypted private messages, and much more!

Shop: PhytoExtractum Maeng Da Thai Kratom Leaf Powder   MagicBag.co All-In-One Bags That Don't Suck   Mushroom-Hut Substrate Mix   Kraken Kratom Red Vein Kratom   Original Sensible Seeds Bulk Cannabis Seeds   North Spore North Spore Mushroom Grow Kits & Cultivation Supplies   Left Coast Kratom Buy Kratom Extract

Jump to first unread post Pages: 1
Some of these posts are very old and might contain outdated information. You may wish to search for newer posts instead.
OfflineSteel27Odin
Drugs andAlcohol arebad....UNKAYYY

Concerned about My Casing
    #3826303 - 02/24/05 06:09 AM (19 years, 1 month ago)

I am at day 5 in the fruiting chamber of my PMP. My casing is starting to have a great deal of mycelium poke through the casing layer. My question is this.... Is this overlay? And also, are my pins going to form from the mycelium on the surface, or come from underneath the casing? :mushroom2:

--------------------
Life is but a dream.......

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
OfflineSteel27Odin

Re: Concerned about My Casing [Re: Steel27Odin]
    #3826346 - 02/24/05 06:38 AM (19 years, 1 month ago)

Anyone with input would be greatly appreciated!!

--------------------

Offlinethenewguy05
The Mushroom Man
 User Gallery

Loc: My Underground Layer
    #3826382 - 02/24/05 07:12 AM (19 years, 1 month ago)

is you container clear or opaque(i think thats how you spell it). if your container is not see through; the pins will form on top. the sides are bad for casings as they introduce contaminates from rotting mushies on the side.

OfflineSteel27Odin

Re: Concerned about My Casing [Re: thenewguy05]
    #3826395 - 02/24/05 07:22 AM (19 years, 1 month ago)

Its clear.....but back to my original question...is having mycelium grow through the casing layer in the fruiting chamber a sign of overlay? Do the mushrooms form on this or do they form from underneath the casing??????????

--------------------

OfflineSoK
pimpin sincebeen pimpinsince beenpimpin since..

Loc: ohio river valley
    #3826452 - 02/24/05 07:51 AM (19 years, 1 month ago)

need a pic and more info on growing conditions, but since it's only been 5 days i'd say you might still be ok,but not positive

Offlinethenewguy05
The Mushroom Man
 User Gallery

Loc: My Underground Layer
    #3826456 - 02/24/05 07:52 AM (19 years, 1 month ago)

NAH MAN THE CASING LAYER IS WHERE YOU WANT THEM.THE MYC WILL COVER THE CASING LAYER. COVER THE CLEAR PART WITH TIN FOIL OR TAPE OR THEY WILL PIN ON THE SIDE. OVERLAY IS LIKE WHEN THE CAKE STARTS PULLING AWAY FROM THE SIDES. IT SUONDS LIKE YOUR DOIN' OK. YOU GOT PICS???
P.S. SORRY ABOUT THESE DAMN CAPS

Offlinedjsage420
aka DJQBNSIS
 User Gallery

Loc: Panhandle
Re: Concerned about My Casing [Re: thenewguy05]
    #3826485 - 02/24/05 08:08 AM (19 years, 1 month ago)

Yeah the mycelium you see on top of the casing are mycelium strands that are poking through the pores on casing layer, they all have potential to form pinheads although not all of them will, mushrooms have a "root" that runs down into mycelium.

--------------------
If you put your head to the grass, you can hear it growing

Invisibletripndicular
My Minds Eye IsRhizomorphic

Loc: Bowels of HELL
    #3826531 - 02/24/05 08:31 AM (19 years, 1 month ago)

If just starting to poke thru is not overlay , may be ready to birth and beginn pin initiation techniques.Overlay is just what it sounds like , the myc forms a mat over the casing and sub, preventing water from penetrating into the sub ,also effects pinsets, if this happens it is risky but good idea to deep scratch and reapply a thin casing layer .
Welcome aboard
GL

--------------------
Any information I give is not intended to aide you in the production of potentialy illegal substances !None of my exp comes from growing illegal varities , so take it as you will .
So with that said here is our mission statement .

Then the priest fell into a trance or swoon,& said unto the Queen of heaven ; Write unto us the ordeals; write unto us the rituals; write unto us the law !

OfflineKulTiVater
Comfortably Numb
Male User Gallery

Loc: Wonderland
What about The Thai Guys??? [Re: tripndicular]
    #3826546 - 02/24/05 08:38 AM (19 years, 1 month ago)

Im growing Thai lipas and want to kno alil bit about there cultivation can anyone give me some feed back if not fuck it but i need somthing i got two more weeks and the casing is goin to have to be layered over it???

InvisibleDamn_Skippy
Fell off theWagon

Re: What about The Thai Guys??? [Re: KulTiVater]
    #3826549 - 02/24/05 08:41 AM (19 years, 1 month ago)

--------------------
~Skipp
"I like cigarettes, Miss Taggart. I like to think of fire held in a man's hand. Fire, a dangerous force, tamed at his fingertips. I often wonder about the hours when a man sits alone, watching the smoke of a cigarette, thinking. I wonder what great things have come alive from such hours. When a man thinks, there is a spot of fire alive in his mind---and it is proper that he should have the burning point of a cigarette as his one expression."

OfflineKulTiVater
Comfortably Numb
Male User Gallery

Loc: Wonderland
Re: What about The Thai Guys??? [Re: Damn_Skippy]
    #3826556 - 02/24/05 08:45 AM (19 years, 1 month ago)

no im not dont they need special treatment??? shit im just askin for basics. Im goin to start some Pink Buffalo as well.

InvisibleDamn_Skippy
Fell off theWagon

#3826565 - 02/24/05 08:47 AM (19 years, 1 month ago)

Quote:

Damn_Skippy said:
Read this

this is basic info on casing

--------------------
~Skipp
"I like cigarettes, Miss Taggart. I like to think of fire held in a man's hand. Fire, a dangerous force, tamed at his fingertips. I often wonder about the hours when a man sits alone, watching the smoke of a cigarette, thinking. I wonder what great things have come alive from such hours. When a man thinks, there is a spot of fire alive in his mind---and it is proper that he should have the burning point of a cigarette as his one expression."

InvisibleDamn_Skippy
Fell off theWagon

#3826576 - 02/24/05 08:51 AM (19 years, 1 month ago)

oh, your thai lipa yai strain isn't going to differ all that much compared to any other strain you have grown. So, if you have grown one strain you can pretty much grow the rest... no worries

--------------------
~Skipp

OfflineJoops
Stranger
    #3827208 - 02/24/05 11:52 AM (19 years, 1 month ago)

It would be beneficial to you to put some foil around each of your casings to prevent light from getting to the sides. I didn't do it first time around and got hundreds of pins all around the sides :-O PITA

Jump to top Pages: 1

Shop: PhytoExtractum Maeng Da Thai Kratom Leaf Powder   MagicBag.co All-In-One Bags That Don't Suck   Mushroom-Hut Substrate Mix   Kraken Kratom Red Vein Kratom   Original Sensible Seeds Bulk Cannabis Seeds   North Spore North Spore Mushroom Grow Kits & Cultivation Supplies   Left Coast Kratom Buy Kratom Extract