Home | Community | Message Board

MRCA Tyroler Gluckspilze
This site includes paid links. Please support our sponsors.

Welcome to the Shroomery Message Board! You are experiencing a small sample of what the site has to offer. Please login or register to post messages and view our exclusive members-only content. You'll gain access to additional forums, file attachments, board customizations, encrypted private messages, and much more!

Shop: PhytoExtractum Buy Bali Kratom Powder   Unfolding Nature Unfolding Nature: Being in the Implicate Order

Jump to first unread post Pages: < Back | 1 | 2  [ show all ]
Invisiblekaiowas
lest we baguette
 User Gallery

Loc: oz
Re: **SOLID PROOF** of Jesus Christ Walking This Earth.....!!? OMG....!!! [Re: PhanTomCat]
    #3830685 - 02/24/05 10:30 PM (19 years, 26 days ago)

it's like...you can't say a whole lot after markos posts  :grin:

cat...i don't really think that the calender ending in AD has any real proof that jesus existed. 

i do think he existed but was maybe misunderstood.  :shrug:

--------------------
Annnnnnd I had a light saber and my friend was there and I said "you look like an indian" and he said "you look like satan" and he found a stick and a rock and he named the rock ooga booga and he named the stick Stick and we both thought that was pretty funny. We got eaten alive by mosquitos but didn't notice til the next day. I stepped on some glass while wading in the swamp and cut my foot open, didn't bother me til the next day either....yeah it was a good time, ended the night by buying some liquor for minors and drinking nips and going to he diner and eating chicken fingers, and then I went home and went to bed.

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
OfflineProsgeopax
Jaded, yethopeful?

Loc: Appearing at a mall near ...
Re: **SOLID PROOF** of Jesus Christ Walking This Earth.....!!? OMG....!!! [Re: MarkostheGnostic]
    #3830934 - 02/24/05 11:12 PM (19 years, 26 days ago)

Why do I get the impression that if I ask you the time, you'll tell me how to build a watch? Brevity, directness and avoiding jargon aren't your strong suits are they? I guess it impresses some people...

--------------------
Money doesn't grow on trees, but deficits do grow under Bushes.

You can accept, reject, or examine and test any new idea that comes to you. The wise man chooses the third way.
- Tom Willhite

Disclaimer: I reserve the right to change my opinions should I become aware of additional facts, the falsification of information or different perspectives. Articles written by others which I post may not necessarily reflect my opinions in part or in whole, my opinions may be in direct opposition, the topic may be one on which I have yet to formulate an opinion or have doubts about, an article may be posted solely with the intent to stimulate discussion or contemplation.

OfflineMitchnast
Toadmonger
Male User Gallery

Loc: Okanagan Flag
Re: **SOLID PROOF** of Jesus Christ Walking This Earth.....!!? OMG....!!! [Re: Prosgeopax]
    #3831542 - 02/25/05 02:15 AM (19 years, 26 days ago)

the christian-defined calendar is no more a proof of christs existance than christmas is to santa claus.

discuss

Edited by Mitchnast (02/25/05 06:01 AM)

OfflineMarkostheGnostic
Elder
Male User Gallery

Loc: South Florida Flag
Re: **SOLID PROOF** of Jesus Christ Walking This Earth.....!!? OMG....!!! [Re: JCoke]
    #3831794 - 02/25/05 05:48 AM (19 years, 26 days ago)

Yes, the old unforgiven sin. There had to be a doctrine created that would justify damnation. The sin against the Holy Spirit is a refusal to follow the dictates of GOD as when Jonah refused to go to Ninevah and was swallowed by "a great fish" to teach him a lesson about disobedience. The belly of the 'fish' was a 'Hell' experience as anyone would agree - and reminiscent of a negative intrauterine passage (see Stan Grof's BPM II and BPM III stages).

Theology relegates the spirit or consciousness of Unification, or Wholeness or [w]Holiness to the Holy Spirit. Bear in mind that the word 'Spirit' [Pneuma in Greek] is an archaic term for what we call 'Consciousness' or 'Awareness' today. To be Enlightened by the Holy Spirit, symbolized by 'tongues' of flame on the Pentacost event (note: 'tongues' as in relation to the Word which is expressed by 'tongues' which is again glossolalia - 'speaking in tongues). The 'tongues of flame' sat upon the Apostles Head Centers (the Head Chakra, the Halo or Nimbus depicted by classic painters) and 'descended' to their Throat Centers and they began to speak in tongues. Their Heart Centers became the final abode of this tongue of flame. Catholics cross their forehead, lips and heart before the reading of the Gospels. Similarly, Tibetan Buddhists have the highest Centers represented by the Mystery of Body, Speech and Mind [OM-AH-HUM] symbolized by Head-Throat-Heart - AFTER the Enlightenment Experience.

--------------------
γνῶθι σαὐτόν - Gnothi Seauton - Know Thyself

OfflineMarkostheGnostic
Elder
Male User Gallery

Re: **SOLID PROOF** of Jesus Christ Walking This Earth.....!!? OMG....!!! [Re: Prosgeopax]
    #3831807 - 02/25/05 05:59 AM (19 years, 26 days ago)

Maybe because I've taught college and graduate school, earned degrees in philosophy, theology and psychology, and have a professorial spirit. Maybe it's because I have answers to certain questions that people ask and I don't 'hide my light under a bushel,' to use a NT metaphor. I'll tell you this - I have a lot more questions than I have answers, and I'm not interested in impressing people. I am impressed by Truth, and all of us require the humility to handle it.

--------------------
γνῶθι σαὐτόν - Gnothi Seauton - Know Thyself

OfflineAlan Stone
Corpus

Loc: Ten feet up
Re: **SOLID PROOF** of Jesus Christ Walking This Earth.....!!? OMG....!!! [Re: MarkostheGnostic]
    #3831812 - 02/25/05 06:00 AM (19 years, 26 days ago)

The complete meaning of ichtus is:

I: Jesus
CH: Christos
T: Theo (God's)
U: pronounced hooyoos (don't know the Greek spelling, meaning Son)
S: Soter = Savior/Messiah.

--------------------
It is the mark of an educated mind to be able to entertain a thought without accepting it.

- Aristotle

Offlinea_h_w
Stranger
    #3832002 - 02/25/05 07:44 AM (19 years, 26 days ago)

Quote:

MarkostheGnostic said:
(...) as when Jonah refused to go to Ninevah and was swallowed by "a great fish" to teach him a lesson about disobedience. The belly of the 'fish' was a 'Hell' experience as anyone would agree - and reminiscent of a negative intrauterine passage (see Stan Grof's BPM II and BPM III stages).

I can't help but recall one of the most common experiences in profound psychedelic experiences: to be eaten by a giant snake, dragon or any other animal. that in this case it produced a 'hell' experience again makes me think that the religious view expressed in the old testament was built against the millennial tradition of using psychoactive substances and defying instituted hierarchical order.

"that will teach thee to kneel under god's will"

the sort of thing that made me quit the christian church

OfflineMAIA
World-BridgerKartikeya (DftS)
Male User Gallery

Loc: Erra - 20 Tauri - M45 Sta...
    #3832111 - 02/25/05 08:17 AM (19 years, 26 days ago)

Quote:

MarkostheGnostic said:
IXTHYOS or 'FISH' in Greek. The Iota (I) represented the first letter of the Greek Name 'Iesus' (as there is no 'J' in Greek). The Chi (Ch, written X in Greek) represented the 'X' (Chi) in CHristos (Christ). mxdrk pointed out the shibboleth of completing the fish symbol by two people making a sweeping arc in the sand, which would identify the secret members of 'The Way' (since the term 'Christian' was not yet in use.

The Age of Pisces is another aspect of the symbol. We are now passing into the Age of Aquarius astrologically speaking.

That is correct but there are also some facts about the ichtus symbol being adopted by early christians from many pagan religions which had a sexual connotation and at the same time a relation with the creation. I found some compiled info about the subject.

The pre-Christian history of the fish symbol:

The fish symbol has been used for millennia worldwide as a religious symbol associated with the Pagan Great Mother Goddess. It is the outline of her vulva. The fish symbol was often drawn by overlapping two very thin crescent moons. One represented the crescent shortly before the new moon; the other shortly after, when the moon is just visible. The Moon is the heavenly body that has long been associated with the Goddess, just as the sun is a symbol of the God.

The link between the Goddess and fish was found in various areas of the ancient world:

* In China, Great Mother Kwan-yin often portrayed in the shape of a fish
* In India, the Goddess Kali was called the "fish-eyed one"
* In Egypt, Isis was called the Great Fish of the Abyss
* In Greece the Greek word "delphos" meant both fish and womb. The word is derived from the location of the ancient Oracle at Delphi who worshipped the original fish goddess, Themis. The later fish Goddess, Aphrodite Salacia, was worshipped by her followers on her sacred day, Friday. They ate fish and engaging in orgies. From her name comes the English word "salacious" which means lustful or obscene. Also from her name comes the name of our fourth month, April. In later centuries, the Christian church adsorbed this tradition by requiring the faithful to eat fish on Friday - a tradition that was only recently abandoned.
* In ancient Rome Friday is called "dies veneris" or Day of Venus, the Pagan Goddess of Love.
* Throughout the Mediterranean, mystery religions used fish, wine and bread for their sacramental meal.
* In Scandinavia, the Great Goddess was named Freya; fish were eaten in her honor. The 6th day of the week was named "Friday" after her.
* In the Middle East, the Great Goddess of Ephesus was portrayed as a woman with a fish amulet over her genitals.

The symbol itself, the eating of fish on Friday and the association of the symbol with deity were all taken over by the early Church from Pagan sources. Only the sexual component was deleted.

MAIA

--------------------
Spiritual being, living a human experience ... The Shroomery Mandala

Use, do not abuse; neither abstinence nor excess ever renders man happy.
Voltaire

OfflineMAIA
World-BridgerKartikeya (DftS)
Male User Gallery

Loc: Erra - 20 Tauri - M45 Sta...
Re: **SOLID PROOF** of Jesus Christ Walking This Earth.....!!? OMG....!!! [Re: PhanTomCat]
    #3832196 - 02/25/05 08:48 AM (19 years, 26 days ago)

Quote:

As I was raised Catholic, I am almost positive that I was "learned" that:
A.D. = After Death, and
B.C. = Before Christ....

I was also raised catholic and i know there's some confusion between some catholics about this issue. Funny thing is that this confusion was created by the catholics themselves, one might find it a very narrow and self oriented kind of time measure as it doesn't considerate non-Christians.

AD should read "Anno Domini" which is the Latin expression for "in the year of Our Lord", referring to Jesus Christ and his birth. It is the same thing as CE which stands for "Common Era" or alternatively "Christian Era". The difference is that AD goes before the year number and CE goes after it (AD 2005 and 2005 CE are the same).

BC stands for "before Christ". A good alternative is BCE, or "Before the Common Era". So when/if you see BCE you'll know it's the same as BC but issues a different nature on its origin.

MAIA

--------------------
Spiritual being, living a human experience ... The Shroomery Mandala

Use, do not abuse; neither abstinence nor excess ever renders man happy.
Voltaire

OfflineMarkostheGnostic
Elder
Male User Gallery

Re: **SOLID PROOF** of Jesus Christ Walking This Earth.....!!? OMG....!!! [Re: Alan Stone]
    #3833698 - 02/25/05 04:07 PM (19 years, 26 days ago)

That makes sense. Funny, I never saw that acroynm before in its entirety. It reminds me of the IHS anagram that I've seen in a couple of versions, one having Iesus-Helios-Soter which would be a Christian-Pagan combination with the Sun. Do you know the standard Catholic version?

Jump to top Pages: < Back | 1 | 2  [ show all ]

Shop: PhytoExtractum Buy Bali Kratom Powder   Unfolding Nature Unfolding Nature: Being in the Implicate Order