Home | Community | Message Board

Kratom Eye
This site includes paid links. Please support our sponsors.

Welcome to the Shroomery Message Board! You are experiencing a small sample of what the site has to offer. Please login or register to post messages and view our exclusive members-only content. You'll gain access to additional forums, file attachments, board customizations, encrypted private messages, and much more!

Shop: North Spore Boomr Bag   Kraken Kratom Red Vein Kratom   Original Sensible Seeds Bulk Cannabis Seeds   MagicBag.co All-In-One Bags That Don't Suck   Mushroom-Hut Mono Tub Substrate   Myyco.com Isolated Cubensis Liquid Culture For Sale

Jump to first unread post Pages: 1
Some of these posts are very old and might contain outdated information. You may wish to search for newer posts instead.
OfflineAlegalize
Stranger
New growing plan, need advice!
    #3824587 - 02/23/05 08:59 PM (19 years, 1 month ago)

This is my first post where I?m looking for experienced shroomers to point any mistakes I might have in my growing Cubensis plan. I?m moving to a bulk method after not enjoying the small crops I got from PF. Since I live in south america in a place where some resources are almost impossible to find, I gave all the faq?s a deep read and made my planning as it follows:

1-) I?m gonna start the culture using the Agar Substitute by Doc34 found in the Agar FAQ section.

2-) Next I?ll make popcorn based spawn inoculating it with the colonized agar substitute (all concerns about sterility and so considered)

3-) As a substrate I?m planning on using mycofile?s 75% straw (not sure on wich straw to use yet...) 25% dung recipe, but I?ll oven-bag pasteurize my compost instead of using the trash can since I won?t need that much substrate. It?s interesting how using a layer of pasteurized dung and spawn on top of it all sounded apealling to me, since it reproduces the way dung is found in any pasture!! :thumbup:

4- When the whole thing is colonized and hopefully not contaminated, I?ll case the substrate, stage where most of my doubts are. First I won?t find Coco Coir here. That leads me to the use of peat moss and vermiculite mixed at some proportion (HELP). I have also this doubt about casing: To case the colonized bulk substrate should I only add a layer of the Verm/Peat Moss mix on top of it all?? How deep??

5-) After that I?m still not sure wheter I?ll use a terrarium or the plastic bag technique mycofile uses in his bulk neglect report.

I know there are a lot of doubts but I guess the process will work fine when I get them answered. Hope to hear from you guys, thanks in advance...

Edited by Alegalize (02/23/05 09:03 PM)

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Invisibledog
straw dog

Loc: Route 66
Re: Need some advice on my mixed up setup... [Re: Alegalize]
    #3824654 - 02/23/05 09:09 PM (19 years, 1 month ago)

It sounds as though you've done your research and have a good plan in place.

Your verm/peat casing should be no deeper than about 1/4 the depth of your substrate. Some cultivators use a bit less than that, but I like having the larger moisture reserve that a deeper casing supplies. A 50/50 mixture of peat/verm works pretty well.

Good luck on your grow!

--------------------

Fascism (fash'izem) n. A governmental system marked by a centralized dictatorship, stringent socioeconomic controls, and often belligerent nationalism. see also: the Bush Administration.

OfflineAlegalize
Stranger
Re: Need some advice on my mixed up setup... [Re: dog]
    #3825844 - 02/24/05 12:38 AM (19 years, 1 month ago)

Thanks Dog!! Casing doubts are solved! Now I need to know which kinds of straw can I use, if I?ll build a terrarium or just use plastic bag on top of it, and then I?m almost good to go. Hope it all works out....

Invisiblepinkfloydms
!!!!!
Male

Loc: City of Dreams
Re: Need some advice on my mixed up setup... [Re: Alegalize]
    #3825963 - 02/24/05 01:14 AM (19 years, 1 month ago)

Wheat straw is pretty common.

--------------------
Muppet Said:

so yeah:
- 'sex' five times
- once with a man
- once with a cadaver
- and thrice with actual women(all of which were prostitutes)
Best story ever!

www.panicstream.com :thumbup:

Jump to top Pages: 1

Shop: North Spore Boomr Bag   Kraken Kratom Red Vein Kratom   Original Sensible Seeds Bulk Cannabis Seeds   MagicBag.co All-In-One Bags That Don't Suck   Mushroom-Hut Mono Tub Substrate   Myyco.com Isolated Cubensis Liquid Culture For Sale