Home | Community | Message Board

MRCA Tyroler Gluckspilze
Please support our sponsors.

Community >> Physical and Mental Well-Being

Welcome to the Shroomery Message Board! You are experiencing a small sample of what the site has to offer. Please login or register to post messages and view our exclusive members-only content. You'll gain access to additional forums, file attachments, board customizations, encrypted private messages, and much more!

Jump to first unread post. Pages: 1
InvisibleBillyGrass

Neurofeeback
    #3825935 - 02/24/05 03:01 AM (11 years, 9 months ago)

I'm quite shocked that no thread already exhists for this topcic! Neurofeedback may be the most important breakthrough in mental health EVER!

Summary:

Neurofeedback is quite simple. Electrodes are placed upon the cranium to detect different frequencies of brain waves. The data is represented on a computer screen in many creative ways to allow you to "excercise" your own, desired mental processes. For example: If, while hooked up to the machine, you are asked to remember the happiest day of your life the graph on the screen will look one way. If asked to remember the saddest day of your life, the graph will look a defferent way, etc. So... If you can train yourself to be more optimistic, confident, happier, you will in turn be healthier and more productive!

There are very few neurofeedback clinics around, but the price of neurofeedback gear is approaching affordable. Someday, everyone will have this stuff in there house.

Post Extras: Print Post  Remind Me! Notify Moderator
InvisibleLocus
Male

Folding@home Statistics
Loc: ny/europe/other
Re: Neurofeeback [Re: BillyGrass]
    #3826045 - 02/24/05 03:58 AM (11 years, 9 months ago)

interesting.. but how can you train yourself according to what it says on a graph? train yourself how exactly?

--------------------

The important thing is not to stop questioning. Curiosity has its own reason for existing. One cannot help but be in awe when he contemplates the mysteries of eternity, of life, of the marvelous structure of reality. It is enough if one tries merely to comprehend a little of this mystery every day. Never lose a holy curiosity. ~ Albert Einstein
"Fear is the great barrier to human growth." ~ Dr. Robert Monroe

~~~*Dosis sola facit venenum*~~~

*Check my profile to listen to my music* :smile:

Offlineummikko
sika joka eilenn? on pelkk?sika

Loc: Finland
Re: Neurofeeback [Re: BillyGrass]
    #3826260 - 02/24/05 07:35 AM (11 years, 9 months ago)

Biofeedback with EEG? Good idea, except that it doesn't work. EEG waves are sum waves -the result of many simultanious added waves. The correlates of the same "though pattern" will look different every time, because the are added with the waves causes by other processes.
To find a spesific correlate, you have to calculate the averages of about a hundred instances where it occurs (think about the same thing a hundred times, record each and count the averages out of that) So real-time feedback wouldn't work.

And even them, EEG only shows waves causes by activation of areas near the surface of the brain.

--------------------
"All substances are poisons; there is none which is not a poison. The right dose differentiates a poison and a remedy." -Paracelsius

Jump to top. Pages: 1

Community >> Physical and Mental Well-Being