Home | Community | Message Board

Avalon Magic Plants
This site includes paid links. Please support our sponsors.

Welcome to the Shroomery Message Board! You are experiencing a small sample of what the site has to offer. Please login or register to post messages and view our exclusive members-only content. You'll gain access to additional forums, file attachments, board customizations, encrypted private messages, and much more!

Shop: MagicBag.co All-In-One Bags That Don't Suck, Certified Organic All-In-One Grow Bags by Magic Bag   PhytoExtractum Buy Bali Kratom Powder, Maeng Da Thai Kratom Leaf Powder   Original Sensible Seeds Autoflowering Cannabis Seeds, Bulk Cannabis Seeds

Jump to first unread post Pages: 1
Some of these posts are very old and might contain outdated information. You may wish to search for newer posts instead.
InvisibleLthirdSeyeD
Stranger
Male

Coleus Question
    #3823341 - 02/23/05 04:39 PM (19 years, 28 days ago)

I just realized that I have quite a few coleus plants growing infront of my home. I remember reading somewhere that coleus has some effects similar to Salvia or something.

Does anyone have any information on this?
Thanks

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
OfflineKerr
Who else would I be

Loc: My roots in the Koots
Re: Coleus Question [Re: LthirdSeyeD]
    #3823751 - 02/23/05 06:06 PM (19 years, 28 days ago)

Hey LthirdSeyeD, I dont have any experience with Coleus but here is a good link to start you off.
Erowid, Coleus Vault

--------------------
"Easy going and organic thoughts bent on self experimentation and knowledge and growth for the betterment of self and those around us"
-Playdo the philosophiser

InvisibleLthirdSeyeD
Stranger
Male

Re: Coleus Question [Re: Kerr]
    #3824032 - 02/23/05 07:01 PM (19 years, 28 days ago)

Ive seen the stuff on Erowid, just wondering if anyone knows anything

Offlinekadakuda
The Great"Green".......East
 User Gallery

Loc: Asia
Re: Coleus Question [Re: LthirdSeyeD]
    #3824177 - 02/23/05 07:33 PM (19 years, 28 days ago)

its still pretty unknown as far as being psychoactive, in western society anyway. ive tried it and have some growing, but i did nto get much. nothing liek salvia. but then it took a long time for peopel to figure out salvia. shit, its still kinda touchy on how to use it.

its being suggested before that being hybridised so much could have made it a non active plant. i dont know im just regurging what others have said.

there was a conversatin about htis in this forum, do a search. interesting read, but not much came from it that i remmeber.

mine is flowerign inside again. pretty purple/blue flowers.

--------------------
The seeds you won't sow are the plants you dont grow.

InvisibleToolTroll
tourettic
Male User Gallery

Loc: N. Cack
Re: Coleus Question [Re: kadakuda]
    #3825247 - 02/23/05 10:50 PM (19 years, 28 days ago)

Yeah, I've got boatloads of Coleus. I love it as an ornamental, but have yet to experience any mind-altering effects. Have smoked foilage and made tea with about 120 fresh leaves, but nothing. I often wonder if certain varieties may have alkaloids that other strains don't.

So here's another coleus question: If coleus did contain alkaloids, what type would they be and what would be an appropriate solvent to make an extraction?

--------------------
"This whole idea that different is bad, that a change in consciousness is in itself harmful, is really one of the fundamental problems inherent in the drug war.” - Rick Doblin
my cactus collection
You vote with your dollars. Everyday. Vote responsibly.

Offlinekadakuda
 User Gallery

Re: Coleus Question [Re: ToolTroll]
    #3825389 - 02/23/05 11:06 PM (19 years, 28 days ago)

supposedly Coleus blumei and pumilus.  i think it would be cool to get some wild seeds/plants.  but i am too poor to travel that far down mexico...or anywher ein mexico for that matter :frown:

was it you i was talking to about htis in pm a while ago?  anyway i still dont have enough to try it out, but my plants are flowering :smile:

--------------------

OfflinePsiloman
Male
Loc: Europe
Alkaloids? [Re: ToolTroll]
    #3826299 - 02/24/05 06:03 AM (19 years, 27 days ago)

Quote:

ToolTroll said:
Yeah, I've got boatloads of Coleus. I love it as an ornamental, but have yet to experience any mind-altering effects. Have smoked foilage and made tea with about 120 fresh leaves, but nothing. I often wonder if certain varieties may have alkaloids that other strains don't.

So here's another coleus question: If coleus did contain alkaloids, what type would they be and what would be an appropriate solvent to make an extraction?

Breaking the notion of: "Yeah,its the alkaloids"

Many psychoactive platns do contain alkaloids ,they are a class of compounds with strong and diverse biological effects.At the case of coleus as in the case of Salvia personally i would be looking for terpenes (propably you already heard that Salvinorin A is NOT an alkaloids)

So what would this mean practically? A simple thing comes to mind.an A/B extraction wouldnt work,try extracts made out of it the way salvia extracts are made!

So,Hooooray for Terpenes (Neoclerodan terpanes i think)

InvisibleToolTroll
tourettic
Male User Gallery

Loc: N. Cack
Re: Alkaloids? [Re: kadakuda]
    #3829141 - 02/24/05 07:00 PM (19 years, 27 days ago)

kadakuda - Yeah, that was me. You mentioned the possibility of an extraction. What solvent were you thinking of?
psiloman - Yeah, I had read that Salvinorin A is not an alkaloid. What other plants contain terpenes? And do they affect the human mind in the same strange way that salvia does? Thanks for the info, I'm gonna have to do some research.
:peace:

--------------------
"This whole idea that different is bad, that a change in consciousness is in itself harmful, is really one of the fundamental problems inherent in the drug war.” - Rick Doblin
my cactus collection
You vote with your dollars. Everyday. Vote responsibly.

OfflinePsiloman
Male
Loc: Europe
Re: Alkaloids? [Re: ToolTroll]
    #3831718 - 02/25/05 04:14 AM (19 years, 26 days ago)

Hmmmm...Many plants contain terpenes but i dont think that they contain anything similar to Salvinorin A.Look up terpenes in Google ,you will find a lot of plants containing them...Its like the case with alkaloids : coneine,resperpine,yohimbine and psilocin are all alkaloids yet their effects have nothing to do with each other. With psilocin you trip,with coneine you die,with resperine your blood pressure lowers and you might become depressed and wellll,,,yohimbine can give you spontaneous erections and a pounding heart!

Offlinekadakuda
 User Gallery

Re: Alkaloids? [Re: ToolTroll]
    #3849657 - 02/28/05 10:46 PM (19 years, 23 days ago)

ya but my plants are still small. they are under 1 foot inside under flouro lighting flowring away. i was gonna use iso, i think. cant really remember its eben put on back burner. tehre was a REALLY good extraction done by "slavia", or "sage", or "divoron" or somthing like that.

--------------------

Jump to top Pages: 1

Shop: MagicBag.co All-In-One Bags That Don't Suck, Certified Organic All-In-One Grow Bags by Magic Bag   PhytoExtractum Buy Bali Kratom Powder, Maeng Da Thai Kratom Leaf Powder   Original Sensible Seeds Autoflowering Cannabis Seeds, Bulk Cannabis Seeds