Home | Community | Message Board

Lil Shop Of Spores
Please support our sponsors.

Community >> The Pub

Welcome to the Shroomery Message Board! You are experiencing a small sample of what the site has to offer. Please login or register to post messages and view our exclusive members-only content. You'll gain access to additional forums, file attachments, board customizations, encrypted private messages, and much more!

Amazon Shop for: ½ Pint Jars

Jump to first unread post. Pages: 1
King of OTD

Loc: PNW
Coming Out
    #3824738 - 02/23/05 11:23 PM (11 years, 8 months ago)

There was a post about homophobic bigotry today. Lets talk about the other half of gays in America. In particular, I would be interested to hear others stories about coming out (for those who are gay), friends coming out to them (for those who aren't), stories from friends, etc. I've always been out online, and am starting the process IRL, and I think my drug experiences are one of the reasons I feel like coming out is a big deal to me now. I feel like I am a lot more aware of how being closeted IRL causes anxiety now that 3 months of shrooms 4 times a week has made me more in touch with my subconscious mind. I'm starting to feel like there is hope and resolution through that anxiety, now. A couple days ago, I just about came out to a friend (female) and wheras I used to think "thank god I didn't so I dont have to deal with it" now I think "I missed a good oppritunity." I'm going to come out to a girl at work Friday, and my friend next time I see her, because these are the two people right now I feel most comfortable approaching. So I wanted some stories. Also of interest would be hearing from closeted gay/bi people about how they view it.

"I am eternally free"

Post Extras: Print Post  Remind Me! Notify Moderator
rogue DMT elf
Female User Gallery

Loc: Crawling on the floor...
Re: Coming Out [Re: tomk]
    #3824748 - 02/23/05 11:24 PM (11 years, 8 months ago)

im not telling :ass:

Men look at themselves and they see flawed humans, we look at women and we see perfect
Women look at themselves and they seem utterly human, when looking at men they see proud

Re: Coming Out [Re: tomk]
    #3824766 - 02/23/05 11:29 PM (11 years, 8 months ago)

be honest with yourself and your friends/family. there is nothing to be ashamed of :thumbup: if people do not accept you, that is their idiocy.

some randominternet dude

Loc: The Dark Tower
Re: Coming Out [Re: Todcasil]
    #3824769 - 02/23/05 11:30 PM (11 years, 8 months ago)

How do your friends feel about homosexuals in general? are they the type that cracks gay jokes or the kind that say thats not funny? Living in a big city, none of my friends seemed to have a problem with coming out. I cant even think of when any of them did, it was just kind of given as we grew up.

This can be very hard for people and I wish you the best. Its sucks that you feel you must live hidden. I hope that things go well for you.

P.S. Stop taking so many mushies. Its not good for you :thumbup:

Anjaba said:
Oh shit, don't drink it.... It would eat away your esophagus...
mantis said:
Leave me out of this pissing contest, you fascist wang-dang-doodle!
Hattori Hanzo said:
If on your journey, you should encounter God, God will be cut

King of OTD

Loc: PNW
Re: Coming Out [Re: Vvellum]
    #3824787 - 02/23/05 11:33 PM (11 years, 8 months ago)

Maybe a little background is in order. On one half of my family, which is very conservative, my family was always the one who was like "I can't believe my brother would let his gay kid come to the family reunion" behind the families back. It's one thing to be aware that there is nothing be be ashamed of, it's another to face the prospect of most everyone you have known more then 2 or 3 years not accepting you, especially when financially dependant on those people. I have only recently began supporting myself entirely, and so I feel like this is the first time I could have come out without losing parents money to pay for things like school and drugs and sex toys to use on other guys. Hahaha.

Edit: BeeJay last time I did mushies was a few months ago. I found a single mushroom that fell down when I was cleaning once and it was like the whole room started shaking, so I was like "I'm not gonna eat this now..." and put it in the jar with the psilocybe cyanescens I saved from fall, and when I opened that thing it was like an earthquake. I wasn't even that high. I think I will wait on mushrooms till they don't make the room spin to look at. But, still I think my binge was the best thing that ever happened to me. Now I realize stuff like I need to come out and it's ok to be spiritual and not cosntantly cynical, which is just another way of lying to yourself. I went crazy for a little bit but I think I needed to break my mind to be able to get at what was wrong and fix it so it was put together the right way! I think next time I do shrooms I will have another binge time. I dunno it just worked for me, but I always listened close to them about whether or not to trip, they just always said yes for a while.

"I am eternally free"

Jump to top. Pages: 1

Amazon Shop for: ½ Pint Jars

Community >> The Pub