Home | Community | Message Board

This site includes paid links. Please support our sponsors.

Welcome to the Shroomery Message Board! You are experiencing a small sample of what the site has to offer. Please login or register to post messages and view our exclusive members-only content. You'll gain access to additional forums, file attachments, board customizations, encrypted private messages, and much more!

Shop: Kraken Kratom Red Vein Kratom   Left Coast Kratom Buy Kratom Extract   Original Sensible Seeds Bulk Cannabis Seeds   Bridgetown Botanicals CBD Concentrates   Myyco.com Golden Teacher Liquid Culture For Sale   Unfolding Nature Unfolding Nature: Being in the Implicate Order   North Spore North Spore Mushroom Grow Kits & Cultivation Supplies   PhytoExtractum Kratom Powder for Sale   MagicBag.co All-In-One Bags That Don't Suck

Jump to first unread post Pages: < Back | 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | Next >  [ show all ]
InvisibleTYL3R
I'm a teapot User Gallery

Re: Living in the woods in total isolation for awhile [Re: Amethyst_Acid]
    #3824759 - 02/23/05 09:28 PM (19 years, 1 month ago)

Quote:

Amethyst_Acid said:
NOT by surviving in the wilderness, in isolation, on high doses of psychedelics.

:lol:  That post made me laugh :smile: No you're right. I wasn't talking about what may happen on high doses of psychedelics.

It depends on her, though....

Personally, i wouldnt take a large dose then go walking around the woods. But if she stayed in her tent or around it....i think she would be fine.

I mean if a bear starts attacking her, i dont think it would matter if she was on psychedelics or not, she would be in trouble.

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
InvisibleTYL3R

Re: Living in the woods in total isolation for awhile [Re: beejay]
    #3824768 - 02/23/05 09:30 PM (19 years, 1 month ago)

I didnt think she was talking about being on psychedelics either.

:shrug: whatever....

Offlinebeejay
some randominternet dude

Loc: The Dark Tower
Re: Living in the woods in total isolation for awhile [Re: Corporal Kielbasa]
    #3824783 - 02/23/05 09:32 PM (19 years, 1 month ago)

Quote:

SHEIKofSHIITAKE said:
I am going to say it again, she should go out for a single solo night without food, so she can aclimate a bit to the solitude.

I agree with the acclimation idea fully, but why without food?

--------------------
Anjaba said:
Oh shit, don't drink it.... It would eat away your esophagus...
mantis said:
Leave me out of this pissing contest, you fascist wang-dang-doodle!
Hattori Hanzo said:
If on your journey, you should encounter God, God will be cut

InvisibleCorporal Kielbasa

#3824795 - 02/23/05 09:35 PM (19 years, 1 month ago)

For one night it would be fine. Ive done it, water is good. Makes you realise that what we take for granted daily is often hard to come by for others.

Offlinekadakuda
The Great"Green".......East
 User Gallery

Loc: Asia
    #3824807 - 02/23/05 09:37 PM (19 years, 1 month ago)

fuck it, learn to camp and dose what you want. its fun, can be scary can be dangerous. its what being "free" is all about!

ellemy have a balst! your gonna love it! jsut go prepared.

--------------------
The seeds you won't sow are the plants you dont grow.

Offlinebeejay
some randominternet dude

#3824810 - 02/23/05 09:38 PM (19 years, 1 month ago)

fair enough, makes sense to me.

My friend did the Outward bound program and during his solo hike part of the course, he opted to fast for three days straight. He said that was an interesting experience. He did hallucinate from it, but the guides suggest it for those who feel theyre ready for it.

--------------------
Anjaba said:
mantis said:
Hattori Hanzo said:

InvisibleTYL3R

Re: Living in the woods in total isolation for awhile [Re: kadakuda]
    #3824813 - 02/23/05 09:38 PM (19 years, 1 month ago)

Quote:

kadakuda said:
fuck it, learn to camp and dose what you want.  its fun, can be scary can be dangerous.  its what being "free" is all about!

ellemy have a balst!  your gonna love it!  jsut go prepared.

:cool: :thumbup:

Do it! Have a nice time, ellemy.

Offlinebeejay
some randominternet dude

Re: Living in the woods in total isolation for awhile [Re: TYL3R]
    #3824821 - 02/23/05 09:40 PM (19 years, 1 month ago)

Quote:

x_TYLER_x said:
Quote:

kadakuda said:
fuck it, learn to camp and dose what you want.  its fun, can be scary can be dangerous.  its what being "free" is all about!

ellemy have a balst!  your gonna love it!  jsut go prepared.

:cool: :thumbup:

Do it! Have a nice time, ellemy.

:thumbup:

--------------------
Anjaba said:
mantis said:
Hattori Hanzo said:

InvisibleAmethyst_Acid
Digital Ruler
Female

#3824827 - 02/23/05 09:41 PM (19 years, 1 month ago)

oh no one more...

"So basically I am thinking: A forest in the wilderness, some equipement, several doses of mushrooms, and somebody to drop me off and pick me back up again so that I don't try to escape when things get rough. "

sounds like she was thinking of oh....SEVERAL DOSES OF MUSHROOMS.
lol am i the only one who read the original post?

OfflineSterile
mushroom lover
 User Gallery

Loc: under the Amanita
Re: Living in the woods in total isolation for awhile [Re: MOTH]
    #3824830 - 02/23/05 09:42 PM (19 years, 1 month ago)

I am very happy to see a shroomerite who wants to attemp this.

I went up to my favourite mountain (walking) last year, at an altitude of 1500m and stayed there ,picking Amanitas for four days all alone,
...picking in the day, drying the Amanita chips at night, no books or music, just me, and the trees.

Camping gear, food and my santa-like sack.

I knew that wolfs where a bit higher on the mountains, but based on my good luck and the highly spiritual reason of my mission, it was a must-do thing for me. (Had a rambo-style knife with me just in case)

Of course i had been a few times on that mountain before, but never alone.... the closest village was 6-7 Khm away, with no more than 30 people living there.

The first night was the most difficult...every little sound, from leaf movement, to small animals around me, was an adrenalin kick of its own.
I knew that wolfs are afraid of fire, and i was calming myself by sitting close to it,(had to keep an eye on those Amanitas anyway, heh)

I started to think i 'm a fkn looner for doing such an extreme thing, but...i just did it, time passed, i got sleepy....thank god i was tired from all that walking so i finally managed to ignore all those sounds and sleep.

In the morning, i woke up when the first beam of light hit the sky, in complete synchronization with the f o r e s t !

I was feeling the happiness of the trees and listening to the sounds of nature...i had some tea, and started the magical Amanita-hunt...there are no words to describe the magic and mystery that lays within the Amanita hunting trip.

Only those who experience this hunt can understand what it means, it is a psychedelic experience in its own, I mention it cos it played an important role in my whole experience, It helped me meditate, by keeping me in constant motion.(active meditation)

In the beggining of the day, i still had some thoughts running in my brain, but by the end, and because of the lack of other human presence, i had thought almost every possible aspect of those thoughts.

Finally thoughts,reached an end... and on day two i realized that i had stopped thinking.....Deep in the Amanita trip, i lost connection with my previous way of living....and with nothing on my mind, i became ONE with my surroundings, T H E  F O R E S T !

I realized that i wasn't a stranger to that forest anymore........i started becoming  more like an animal that lived there normally. :smile: years after, i found out it was a oobe

My concentration felt stronger and my energy was just floating around my body. I found out how much power humans are losing just by living in the city....

For the first time in my life i was keeping company to myself for so long...untill i left "me" also...

Freedom had a completely new meaning to me up there...I could scan the mountains, move sneeky, fast ,slow, randomly with great confidence as i was learning my territory better....

I was the master, no rules, no nothing....only the trees who always seemed to agree with me....
I had things to do, very important, but i wouldn't think about them, i just did them...didn't think, just act.....

I follwed some cows who where eating the Amanitas, they showed me secret places where hundreds where growing.....

I talked to the mushrooms...It was a complete trip, but i didn't realize its actuall strength before i reached civilization again...

The days went by and (at the end of the 4th) i met the guy who had those cows up there, asked him to give me a lift, went to the bus station and directly to the city.......

I had never felt so alienated before in my life....no even amongst sobers while tripn on alot of acid.

I stared at anxious people and cars....in such a nirvana.....i knew that i didn't belong there...my home was on that mountain....

Noise and dirt was all around me....and the most dangerous animal of all.....humans. I felt sorry for them, couldnt believe how stupid they can be....so far from the real magic...... non spiritual dirty brain damaged robots...

Long after my experience, i read a book by Aleister Crowly, where he mentions that the three top religions of the world had a common point....their spiritual leaders, all vanished in the deserts-mountains in isolation for extended periods of time, and when they returned they seemed to have the power to teach other humans....

From my experience i can now imagine what kind of psychic powers one can sustain from isolation.

I only did it for four days and felt much stronger and knowlegable...every human need some time by himself and we rarely provide that to ourself....

I suppose the escape from the ordinary everyday reality is key here....

For anyone who wants to try this, be shure to find the right place.....and if you 're a girl...well...find the perfect place, and make SHURE its the right(have a cell phone with you, and have someone know where you are) HUMANS are the most dangerous animal.

Have a paralizer with you or something..he

here's a pic of my x on that mountain from another Amanita-hunt

and cruching them before consumption, hehe

--------------------
The Source Of The Force
Is The Power Of The Mind

"if you don't like what you're doing, you can always pick up your needle and move to another groove." - timothy leary"
Anno: "-I can do anything with those clouds!"
Annos Tek

Edited by Sterile (02/24/05 11:37 AM)

Offlinebeejay
some randominternet dude

Re: Living in the woods in total isolation for awhile [Re: Amethyst_Acid]
    #3824840 - 02/23/05 09:44 PM (19 years, 1 month ago)

she didnt say she was gonna down the whole damn lot of em. We have all advisored her to go out camping without doing any drugs first. I recomended a book that is used to train wilderness EMTs. She'll be fine.

--------------------
Anjaba said:
mantis said:
Hattori Hanzo said:

Offlinetomk
King of OTD

Loc: PNW
    #3824841 - 02/23/05 09:44 PM (19 years, 1 month ago)

I've always found places that evidence human creativity to be better to trip than just plain nature. Like places where nature and the best of technology come together (think nature trails, good garden stores, etc). Plain nature is scarey because nothing is safe, and plain human is scarey because of machine like conformity, but put them together and...

--------------------
"I am eternally free"

Offlinebeejay
some randominternet dude

Re: Living in the woods in total isolation for awhile [Re: Sterile]
    #3824853 - 02/23/05 09:47 PM (19 years, 1 month ago)

yay! a wonderful story. Thanks for sharing that :smile: I cant wait till my trip this summer to Alaska.

--------------------
Anjaba said:
mantis said:
Hattori Hanzo said:

#3824883 - 02/23/05 09:52 PM (19 years, 1 month ago)

isnt it amazing how once your mind stops living in quote normal life, how our senses become alive again and notice the music wich goes on around us. The music I speak of is pretty much the never ending synphoney life.

InvisibleTYL3R

#3824896 - 02/23/05 09:53 PM (19 years, 1 month ago)

Great story!  :thumbup:

InvisibleTYL3R

Re: Living in the woods in total isolation for awhile [Re: tomk]
    #3824919 - 02/23/05 09:59 PM (19 years, 1 month ago)

Quote:

tomk said:
I've always found places that evidence human creativity to be better to trip than just plain nature.  Like places where nature and the best of technology come together (think nature trails, good garden stores, etc).  Plain nature is scarey because nothing is safe, and plain human is scarey because of machine like conformity, but put them together and...

whatever floats your boat.  :grin:

Personally, i find nature(the uncertainty, and everything about it) to be the only place that i feel free.

Nature > Technology

Night, everybody

:darkside:~TYLER~:darkside:

#3824926 - 02/23/05 10:01 PM (19 years, 1 month ago)

Thats what society has done to us, it has made us scared of the things from wich we came, for nothing more then a material gain.

old rainbow saying

our first shelter the sky
our bed the earth

Offlinebeejay
some randominternet dude

#3824941 - 02/23/05 10:03 PM (19 years, 1 month ago)

Glad that theres still some of us that arent afraid of mother nature.

:yawn:
getting sleepy

Im off to bed ma-self, night everybody.

--------------------
Anjaba said:
mantis said:
Hattori Hanzo said:

#3824953 - 02/23/05 10:06 PM (19 years, 1 month ago)

as am I buh bye.

Offlinetomk
King of OTD

Loc: PNW
    #3824960 - 02/23/05 10:07 PM (19 years, 1 month ago)

Yeah, but I can't reconcile nature > technology with the fact that these shrooms grow best in artifical conditions like landscaped areas, or that the only way I get music is through technology. Man, technology is great, I can't wait to get upgrades like surgically installed headphones, superfocus sight, where you can focus on everything at once, and shit like that. Compared to where technology will be in 1000 years, drugs are primative at opening your mind. Think that the exact brainstates could be carefully crafted to give the best experience. That feeling you get in nature, we can recreate that on a computer, and optimize, and upload it to your brain and offer you bliss that WILL be experientially better than your experience in nature, and because we will all realize that what we experience is what is real, from advances in quantum physics. We are leaving this whole planet behind and then we will get from technology what we got from nature and it will be a beautiful thing my friend.

To think all this will happen in the 7 years between now and 2012. Until then, nature is the best we got, but technology gains will beat it in the end. Remember, nature is part of this planet and we will leave it behind when we transcend the world. But we will still have technology! You think it's not as good, I see it in your head, but technology is better! You want isolation, try being an astronaut! You can moon the whole planet at one time! Technology will defeat nature my friend Tyler!

/transhumanist

--------------------
"I am eternally free"

Jump to top Pages: < Back | 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | Next >  [ show all ]

Shop: Kraken Kratom Red Vein Kratom   Left Coast Kratom Buy Kratom Extract   Original Sensible Seeds Bulk Cannabis Seeds   Bridgetown Botanicals CBD Concentrates   Myyco.com Golden Teacher Liquid Culture For Sale   Unfolding Nature Unfolding Nature: Being in the Implicate Order   North Spore North Spore Mushroom Grow Kits & Cultivation Supplies   PhytoExtractum Kratom Powder for Sale   MagicBag.co All-In-One Bags That Don't Suck