Home | Community | Message Board

Edabea
Please support our sponsors.

General Interest >> Science and Technology

Welcome to the Shroomery Message Board! You are experiencing a small sample of what the site has to offer. Please login or register to post messages and view our exclusive members-only content. You'll gain access to additional forums, file attachments, board customizations, encrypted private messages, and much more!

Jump to first unread post. Pages: 1
OfflineSneezingPenis
ACHOOOOOOOOO!!!!!111!
 User Gallery Arcade Champion: BMX Tricks
Experimentation on terminally ill with XTC..
    #3823443 - 02/23/05 07:02 PM (11 years, 9 months ago)

http://www.npr.org/templates/story/story.php?storyId=4510521

and here is another interesting thing i found while searching for above link..
http://society.guardian.co.uk/drugsandalcohol/story/0,8150,1416150,00.html

Post Extras: Print Post  Remind Me! Notify Moderator
Offlinebelowground
Re: Experimentation on terminally ill with XTC.. [Re: SneezingPenis]
    #3823466 - 02/23/05 07:08 PM (11 years, 9 months ago)

i don't think i'd put anything like X into my body unless i was terminal. i support it for them, though, it should make the time they have left a little more fun.

i like to keep it natural, though.

OfflineSneezingPenis
ACHOOOOOOOOO!!!!!111!
Re: Experimentation on terminally ill with XTC.. [Re: belowground]
    #3823575 - 02/23/05 07:31 PM (11 years, 9 months ago)

Well, the really funny part is that it isnt to relieve pain or anything like that. It is to reduce "anxiety caused by terminal diagnosis"....

Where the hell is a spokesperson for this? How about we all just cope, understand that sometimes you are depressed, sometimes you are pissed, sometimes you are anxious. It happens, trying to fix your emotions with drugs makes you no better than a crack head.

Invisibleblink
eye of horus
 User Gallery

Folding@home Statistics
Loc: Geographic Location (Stat...
    #3823643 - 02/23/05 07:44 PM (11 years, 9 months ago)

Quote:

belowground said:
i don't think i'd put anything like X into my body unless i was terminal. i support it for them, though, it should make the time they have left a little more fun.

i like to keep it natural, though.

You are made of chemicals, does that make you un-natural?
Also; have you ever taken asprin? ibprofen? eaten a mcdonald's hamburger? :rolleyes:

This isn't a street pill of "X"; it's MDMA synthesized in a labratory under stringent conditions.

Quote:

psilocyberin said:
Well, the really funny part is that it isnt to relieve pain or anything like that. It is to reduce "anxiety caused by terminal diagnosis"....

Do you not believe in anxiety?

I bet you don't believe that a person can die of shock alone....

Quote:

psilocyberin said:
Where the hell is a spokesperson for this?

Write to the author of the story for contact information... there is no "spokesperson", only researchers.

Quote:

psilocyberin said:
How about we all just cope, understand that sometimes you are depressed, sometimes you are pissed, sometimes you are anxious. It happens,

Terminal Cancer might just "happen", but dealing with your impending death is a bit harder than just a simple bad day at the office, getting fired, or maybe even getting a divorce.  I hope you never have to live through it, or even have somebody close fall victim to it; but chances are that you will.  Maybe then you will understand that for most people, dying is kind of a big deal!

Quote:

psilocyberin said:
but dealing with it (and trying to fix your emotions with drugs makes you no better than a crack head.

There is no "fixing" of emotions; if you have ever done MDMA, you would realize that it allows them to accept things that are otherwise too hard to deal with.  It give a sense of being removed from the situation enough to deal with it rationally and at least come to terms with the enevitable and increase the quality of life leading up to death.

Crackhead :: Don't care about anything but drugs
Terminal Cancer :: Don't care about anything but life.

If there was a "cure for crack" but it was a 1 time use drug, would you consider that "no better than... crack"?

:thumbdown:

--------------------

Offlinebelowground
Re: Experimentation on terminally ill with XTC.. [Re: blink]
    #3823706 - 02/23/05 07:56 PM (11 years, 9 months ago)

i can sum up my feelings on the subject in a few succinct words. if people who have non-terminal injuries like a broken leg are given opiates to relieve physical pain, why shouldn't people suffering terminal illnesses be given substances to cope with the mental pain they undoubtedly suffer?

like blink said, it is a helpful tool for coping with the depression that comes along with the realization that one is not long for this mortal world of ours.

after all, bones heal. without medication. IMHO, people with non-terminal injuries or illnesses deserve drugs less than people who are near death. cancer victims and the like should be perscribed drugs, not only to help them cope, but to make their time left more enjoyable.

--just my two cents

OfflineCatalysis
EtherealEngineer

#3824062 - 02/23/05 09:06 PM (11 years, 9 months ago)

Quote:

psilocyberin said:

Where the hell is a spokesperson for this? How about we all just cope, understand that sometimes you are depressed, sometimes you are pissed, sometimes you are anxious. It happens, trying to fix your emotions with drugs makes you no better than a crack head.

Good point, but "cope with death" is an oxymoron to me. The only way to cope with it is to do what most people try to do in different ways..delude yourself into thinking it is insignificant. If you can't do that, youre fucked.

OfflineSneezingPenis
ACHOOOOOOOOO!!!!!111!
Re: Experimentation on terminally ill with XTC.. [Re: Catalysis]
    #3825879 - 02/24/05 02:46 AM (11 years, 9 months ago)

I am all for drug use.... for recreation and entheogenic purposes. We now have pills to help with the side effects of other pills we are taking. Drugs arent here to fix your lifes problems, the only thing it can do for you in that manner is distract you long enough from your miserable life. This does nothing but breed self-pity, which gets you absolutely nowhere. If you get terminally diagnosed, deal with it, start living life, dont wallow in self pity. Take a crapload of XTC, and every other drug, but just because you have nothing to lose and might as well go out with a bang, not because you feel sorry for yourself. Thinking you are so important that something like this couldnt happen to someone like you. There is no difference between someone having regular anxiety over their inevitable death, and someone who was given a time frame for their inevitable death. Just because you are forced to face the finality of your current life doesnt give you any more privlege to sulk.
These "diagnoses spawned anxiety" terminally ill patients need a good slap in the face, not some love drug to help them ignore reality.

Invisibleblink
eye of horus
 User Gallery

Folding@home Statistics
Loc: Geographic Location (Stat...
    #3826161 - 02/24/05 06:15 AM (11 years, 9 months ago)

Quote:

psilocyberin said:This does nothing but breed self-pity, which gets you absolutely nowhere. If you get terminally diagnosed, deal with it, start living life, dont wallow in self pity.

Easier said than done.

Quote:

psilocyberin said:Take a crapload of XTC, and every other drug, but just because you have nothing to lose and might as well go out with a bang, not because you feel sorry for yourself.

Using MDMA theraputically is what stops them from feeling sorry for themselves! This isn't a drug binge....

Quote:

psilocyberin said:There is no difference between someone having regular anxiety over their inevitable death, and someone who was given a time frame for their inevitable death.

Except that there is an added sense of inevitability, and know you have been given a an answer to the question "When am I going to die?". I would much prefer dying without knowing it was comming, in an accident or drowning or something. Not because I feel death, but because it forces me to live each day as my last.

Quote:

psilocyberin said:
These "diagnoses spawned anxiety" terminally ill patients need a good slap in the face, not some love drug to help them ignore reality.

I don't think that you "get it". Do you believe that depression exists? or is it just a bunch of people sulking"? Reality isn't your reality.

The next time you get a headache, fever, virus or disease; live by example and don't take any drugs to make you better. I wonder how long your high ideals will stand up under that kind of pressure.

--------------------

OfflineSneezingPenis
ACHOOOOOOOOO!!!!!111!
Re: Experimentation on terminally ill with XTC.. [Re: blink]
    #3828670 - 02/24/05 07:25 PM (11 years, 9 months ago)

No, i dont believe in depression....

Do you think you are going to live forever? or are you just going to go throughout life ignoring your mortality. Have you never seriously sat down and thought about the fact that you will physically die at some point...you could die tomorrow, but what if you start thinking about that? and become anxious? go grab some XTC!!! or try to come to terms with it?

We use drugs to help with viruses and physical sickness. I only take a pain relief to ignore the pain, or sinus medication to ignore the pressure building up in my head. This is what this type of drug use will lead to if used for "mental illness", just trying to ignore your fucked up life and the fucked up things you have done and have yet to confront. yes, i will run away from a headache with tylenol, i will run away from the flu with a flu shot, but i will not run away from myself with paxil,xanex, and XTC.

Jump to top. Pages: 1

General Interest >> Science and Technology