Home | Community | Message Board

This site includes paid links. Please support our sponsors.

Welcome to the Shroomery Message Board! You are experiencing a small sample of what the site has to offer. Please login or register to post messages and view our exclusive members-only content. You'll gain access to additional forums, file attachments, board customizations, encrypted private messages, and much more!

Shop: Kraken Kratom Red Vein Kratom   North Spore North Spore Mushroom Grow Kits & Cultivation Supplies   Left Coast Kratom Buy Kratom Extract   MagicBag.co Certified Organic All-In-One Grow Bags by Magic Bag

Jump to first unread post Pages: 1
Some of these posts are very old and might contain outdated information. You may wish to search for newer posts instead.
OfflineEuphoria
watch theweatherchange...

Mushrooms Solo-Style
    #3807139 - 02/20/05 03:06 PM (19 years, 1 month ago)

Hey all,

I thought I'd come here and vent a bit on a recent trend I've noticed.  First, some history on myself - I'm 20 years old and have been experimenting with mushrooms for over 5 years.  I use them for profound religious/spiritual insight, as well as the occasional time to have some fun.

I used to love eating mushrooms with friends, but now I'm not so sure.  It seems that once I'm under the influence, and I'm around others, I start to feel paranoid.  Paranoid about what I'm doing, what others are thinking, and I can sometimes become a worry-wart.  It doesn't get to the point where my own trips are ruined or anything, but the nagging is still in the back of my mind and it can make for uncomfortable times.

I sometimes wonder if this is an enhancement of my sober life, as I am sometimes uneasy in social situations and sometimes find it difficult to communicate with people.  The thing is, when on mushrooms, sometimes I can have the most fluid of conversations with people I barely know, and then other times I will find myself very self-conscious and timid.

I wonder if others share in my experiences?  Perhaps I should experiment further with dosing alone.  My only fear then is being lonely or bored...I have taken mushrooms twice without anyone else around.  Once I ended up calling a friend out of boredom/'what-to-do-next'-ness, the other I chilled in my room all night listening to tunes which was great.

What do you solo-trippers have for advice?  Should I experiment trying things alone?  I usually like to take an eighth or so, to really get my mind blasted off...I'll have to think of things to do..listening to music is key (guitarist, musician) as it is my favourite thing in the world.  Perhaps a night of good music, a movie or two, a comfortable bed, some paper and pens, and a nice walk would make for a great psychedelic evening?

Any input is appreciated :smile:  I realize that was more of a self-thought than a post, but maybe people will have some thoughts to add :smile:

Cheers

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Invisibledblaney
Human Being

Loc: Here & Now
Re: Mushrooms Solo-Style [Re: Euphoria]
    #3807165 - 02/20/05 03:10 PM (19 years, 1 month ago)

Quote:

Euphoria said:
Perhaps a night of good music, a movie or two, a comfortable bed, some paper and pens, and a nice walk would make for a great psychedelic evening?

:thumbup: :sun:

--------------------
"What is in us that turns a deaf ear to the cries of human suffering?"

"Belief is a beautiful armor
But makes for the heaviest sword"
- John Mayer

Making the noise "penicillin" is no substitute for actually taking penicillin.

"This country, with its institutions, belongs to the people who inhabit it. Whenever they shall grow weary of the existing government, they can exercise their constitutional right of amending it, or their revolutionary right to dismember or overthrow it." -Abraham Lincoln

OfflineDiMiTriSouljah
No left turn unstoned
 User Gallery

Loc: ked in a Skin Pinata
Re: Mushrooms Solo-Style [Re: dblaney]
    #3807184 - 02/20/05 03:14 PM (19 years, 1 month ago)

Eat 5+g, turn off the lights, lie down...forget about being bored.

--------------------
In the end, my friend, we will all be together again.

OfflineEuphoria

Re: Mushrooms Solo-Style [Re: DiMiTriSouljah]
    #3807196 - 02/20/05 03:16 PM (19 years, 1 month ago)

Sorry, "bored" was a really bad choice of word. What I meant was that feeling I sometimes get, like I should be doing something, going somewhere, etc... That "I'm on a mission" feeling while on mushrooms is what I mean. Perhaps I gave in to this feeling too easily the last time I dosed alone (years ago) and that's why I ended up calling a friend to hang out with.

Invisibledblaney
Human Being

Loc: Here & Now
    #3807516 - 02/20/05 04:20 PM (19 years, 1 month ago)

Being restless can suck. I haven't yet found a cure for it, but it seems logical at least to prepare a number of toys and things you can play with to occupy yourself with.

--------------------
"What is in us that turns a deaf ear to the cries of human suffering?"

"Belief is a beautiful armor
But makes for the heaviest sword"
- John Mayer

Making the noise "penicillin" is no substitute for actually taking penicillin.

"This country, with its institutions, belongs to the people who inhabit it. Whenever they shall grow weary of the existing government, they can exercise their constitutional right of amending it, or their revolutionary right to dismember or overthrow it." -Abraham Lincoln

Offlinechiefa
Stranger
Re: Mushrooms Solo-Style [Re: dblaney]
    #3807525 - 02/20/05 04:23 PM (19 years, 1 month ago)

in my experience it would be hard to say cuz different times of tripping alone on mush i felt different ways. Once like you said i felt very "bored" and restless i just wanted to do something but couldnt quite figure out WHAT to do. ANother couple times i just put on some tunes, tripped out and spent the whole trip just contemplating the world and figuring shit out. All in all shrooms alone are pretty fun, some people just seem weirded out by doing drugs alone(no problems here though :smile:

OfflineEuphoria

Re: Mushrooms Solo-Style [Re: chiefa]
    #3807600 - 02/20/05 04:43 PM (19 years, 1 month ago)

Thanks to all for the replies. I know what chiefa means about the 'doing drugs alone' thing, but I have a take on it also. If I take mushrooms and from them receive insight about myself, a good time, fun, spiritual experiences, what have you, I don't think there is any problem doing them alone. I think it's just a matter of having the lone-tripper be a 'qualified individual' in that he/she won't worry or freak out about being alone and on psychedelic drugs.

I think I am due for a lone-trip. Perhaps give my usual dose a go, and just go with the flow and see how things unfold. The only difficulty with this plan is the fact that I am living with my parents right now. I think if I have my MP3 player charged up, a good movie or two ready, some paper and pens, and maybe some other things, I could have a wonderful time alone. Plus not having to worry about others' trips or be worried about others' thoughts will be a great experience.

Offlinewharfrat12
Stronger thanDirt

Loc: Sinking beneath the water...
    #3808112 - 02/20/05 06:50 PM (19 years, 1 month ago)

right on man i love tripping alone. an eighth, comfortable setting, no lights, rockin' the headphones with my favourite tunes. i enjoy just being able to do whatever i feel like because theres noone around to tell me otherwise. a nice walk is always fun too.

--------------------

"Tell me the cost, I can pay let me go, tell me love is not lost.
Sell everything, without love day to day insanity's king."

OfflineK20A2
Male
    #3810304 - 02/21/05 09:51 AM (19 years, 1 month ago)

Solo is the only way I go. Other people distract me, and I cant go as far.
If your still living with the parents, invest in headphones if you don't have them already. They are worth every penny while your tripping.

Offlineesin
cheesefondue
 User Gallery

Loc: Lysergia
    #3810943 - 02/21/05 12:38 PM (19 years, 1 month ago)

Quote:

I used to love eating mushrooms with friends, but now I'm not so sure. It seems that once I'm under the influence, and I'm around others, I start to feel paranoid. Paranoid about what I'm doing, what others are thinking, and I can sometimes become a worry-wart. It doesn't get to the point where my own trips are ruined or anything, but the nagging is still in the back of my mind and it can make for uncomfortable times.

I can relate to this paragraph 100%. I used to be able to take them with friends and have a good time. Those days are apparently over now.

For me mushrooms are the psychedelic for solitude and meditation. I only take them at home alone or with no more than one or two trusted friends in a serious set and setting.

Acid for me is more of a social psychedelic. It still has all of the insightful qualities of shrooms but it doesn't make me untalkative and antisocial like shrooms do in comparable doses.

OfflineAldous
enthusiast
Male User Gallery

Loc: inside my skull
Re: Mushrooms Solo-Style [Re: esin]
    #3811794 - 02/21/05 03:50 PM (19 years, 1 month ago)

^^ same here

I've only got two very good friends with whom I really like to trip out, but since they live in another country, this doesn't happen very often.

I you trip for spiritual insight, try to slowly up your dose and meditate in the dark. Try silence or music that rings a spiritual bell for you. You won't be bored...  :wink:

You could hit a dosage threshold though... It happened to me a few years ago. At around 4-4.5 grams, instead of tripping my face off, I felt like nothing much happened except sterile thought loops (I was tripping alone at the time, but not meditating though). I felt like I was on the brink of something I wasn't ready for. I was lucky later on to get the chance to take part in guided ayahuasca sessions, which revealed some major emotional blocks, which I would have had a hard time handling alone (I was right in that!). So be gradual in your dosage progress to avoid surprises...

OfflineEuphoria

Re: Mushrooms Solo-Style [Re: Aldous]
    #3812755 - 02/21/05 06:05 PM (19 years, 1 month ago)

Thanks for the replies all, it is nice to see others share in my experience.  I've already got a great set of Sennheisers, and they have always served me well on the nights after a good trip :P 

I think I'll give a solo trip a try this week and get back to you guys how I do.  Coping with the mission feeling I think will be the hardest thing, but I think I'll be able to have a great time and learn a lot :smile:

Offlinelarksinc
Stranger
    #3813836 - 02/21/05 09:23 PM (19 years, 1 month ago)

I know what you mean about tripping with friends, getting paranoid and the such. I think it stems, for me, from trusting myself in not freaking out. But when I'm with friends I'm always paranoid they're going to freak/flip out, I'm always worried that they're going to do something and then I'll get in trouble.

But in the end it's always me that flips out from worrying about them flipping out. I wish to trip by myself as well. When I started smoking pot about a year I've always done it with a friend, but only about a month ago did I smoke at home alone. It was wonderful. Even if it is just pot. Smoking is always a ritual for me, I don't really do it casually like others. And I know gooming will always be a ritual as well.

I kinda blabbered, hope it helps atleast somewhat.

Offlinebutterflydawn
lucid dreamer
 User Gallery

Loc: lost at sea
Re: Mushrooms Solo-Style [Re: larksinc]
    #3821441 - 02/23/05 09:22 AM (19 years, 1 month ago)

solo sessions are cool
key setting imo for spiritual experiences.
but that doesnt mean tripping with good friends cant give you spiritual experiences.

--------------------
lucidal expansion

OfflineIamthewalrus
every evening Idied and everynight I wasreborn
Male User Gallery

Loc: Ontario
    #3823273 - 02/23/05 04:25 PM (19 years, 1 month ago)

solo trips rock! if you can get through a "I think I'm dying I need the hospital" trip alone...once you've been through that you'll never fear trippin again :laugh:

Jump to top Pages: 1

Shop: Kraken Kratom Red Vein Kratom   North Spore North Spore Mushroom Grow Kits & Cultivation Supplies   Left Coast Kratom Buy Kratom Extract   MagicBag.co Certified Organic All-In-One Grow Bags by Magic Bag