Home | Community | Message Board

FreeSpores.com
Please support our sponsors.

Community >> Physical and Mental Well-Being

Welcome to the Shroomery Message Board! You are experiencing a small sample of what the site has to offer. Please login or register to post messages and view our exclusive members-only content. You'll gain access to additional forums, file attachments, board customizations, encrypted private messages, and much more!

Jump to first unread post. Pages: 1
OfflinekronnyQ
SuperstudExtraordinaire
 User Gallery

Loc: Anytown USA
Ugh what is wrong with my hand
    #3820876 - 02/23/05 04:24 AM (11 years, 9 months ago)

Like 2 months ago I wrecked my car and got all pissed off and punched a thick wooden door.

It seems to have left a dent in my knuckle, and the whole side of my hand still hurts especially when I make a fist.

I don't think anything could be broken because I'm sure I would be in a lot more pain, but something must be wrong if it is still hurting after this long.

I'm not sure what to do...I want to get X-rays but I don't want to pay for them and have them tell me it's just sprained and wait it out.

But my pinky finger doesn't crack anymore and it hurts like fuckin shit if it's bent or if I make a fist, so what the heck should I do?  :frown:

Post Extras: Print Post  Remind Me! Notify Moderator
Offlineummikko
sika joka eilenn? on pelkk?sika

Loc: Finland
Re: Ugh what is wrong with my hand [Re: kronnyQ]
    #3820993 - 02/23/05 06:47 AM (11 years, 9 months ago)

IMO Sounds like you broke a bone. It need not be badly broken, just a small fracture maybe, but you will feel it for several months.

I've broken my hand twice, once in the wrist real good, and another time a smaller fracture in the back of the palm. The latter felt similar to what you're describing.

If you are unable to use your hand normally, I'd suggest seeing a doctor and getting the X-rays. If you can use it and it's not unbearably painful I think you can just wait. It took my wrist a year to recover fully, but it was usable two months after the incident.

How swollen was your hand after the punch (the next day)?
Can you move your fingers normally, can you bend your wrist up/down as much as the other hand?
Has the pain ebbed at all during the past two months?

--------------------
"All substances are poisons; there is none which is not a poison. The right dose differentiates a poison and a remedy." -Paracelsius

OfflineCaptain Loafy McPoopdick
(4 1 2)

Loc: 1 5 1 3 6
Re: Ugh what is wrong with my hand [Re: ummikko]
    #3821012 - 02/23/05 07:12 AM (11 years, 9 months ago)

It is possible that you only have swollen tissue which will heal in about a month total

OfflinekronnyQ
SuperstudExtraordinaire
 User Gallery

Re: Ugh what is wrong with my hand [Re: Captain Loafy McPoopdick]
    #3821184 - 02/23/05 09:36 AM (11 years, 9 months ago)

Yes my hand was swollen, and the pain has gone down some.

I can move my fingers around but if I make a fist my pinky and the side of my hand hurts.

I was considering swollen tissue but I dunno it seems like my two knuckles are a little bit out of place, I could be wrong though.

I guess i will just go get some x-rays

Offlinebelowground
    #3821199 - 02/23/05 09:45 AM (11 years, 9 months ago)

i kicked my jeep after wrecking it, and i had to walk on crutches for two weeks. the point of me telling you this is that my toes were swollen, and my pinky toe seemed to be slightly out of place. after a few weeks, the swelling went away, and my feet were fine. they hurt like they were broken for a while, though.

anyway, the moral: it's better to have a joint and mellow out than to punch or kick shit that doesen't feel pain.

but you know that by now anyway.

OfflinekronnyQ
SuperstudExtraordinaire
 User Gallery

Re: Ugh what is wrong with my hand [Re: belowground]
    #3821237 - 02/23/05 10:00 AM (11 years, 9 months ago)

Yes, the reason I lost it is I quit smoking. I drank a fifth of cuervo then went to the bar because it is seemingly impossible to get drunk while not on weed.

After I killed another 4 coronas and 3 jager shots I decided I was finally drunk and for some reason decided to drive home.

What happened after that, I do not really remember, but I'm sure I can attribute it to being all very drunk and not high.

Hooray for alcohol, eh? Takes some ppl one, two, or ten bad experiences to finally learn their lesson I guess. :tongue:

InvisibleDNKYD
Turtle!

#3821977 - 02/23/05 01:44 PM (11 years, 9 months ago)

I used to get angry a lot and punch shit too. Now I have this huge mound on my middle finger knuckle on my right hand. It's been there for about and a half now. At first my knuckle got swollen for a week, then I punched something again really hard, then it swelled up a lot more. Now it just has this solid massive mound on my knuckle, and I have no idea how it got there.

InvisibleSociety
Pizza Guy

Loc: Eating pizza
Re: Ugh what is wrong with my hand [Re: DNKYD]
    #3822842 - 02/23/05 05:03 PM (11 years, 9 months ago)

I've punched all kinds of things things out of frustration, and my hands have suffered a bit. The middle knuckle on my right hand is somewhat skrewed up from punched a computer screen and has been for atleast a year. It has like a lump of bone which causes a sharp pain ocassionally. My left hand has scars from the glass shards that got stuck in it after punching a window.

I'd definately check and go see a doctor. Hands are one of a human's most vital assets.

--------------------
Delicious Pizza

OfflineJacquesCousteau
Being.
Male User Gallery

Loc: Everywhere, Everytime.
Re: Ugh what is wrong with my hand [Re: Society]
    #3823076 - 02/23/05 05:49 PM (11 years, 9 months ago)

"My left hand has scars from the glass shards that got stuck in it after punching a window."

Dude, you too? haha... actually it was my right. :smile:

InvisibleSociety
Pizza Guy

Loc: Eating pizza
Re: Ugh what is wrong with my hand [Re: JacquesCousteau]
    #3824534 - 02/23/05 10:51 PM (11 years, 9 months ago)

I learned something very important that day; Glass is a rather weak material. :frown:

--------------------
Delicious Pizza

OfflineCaptain Loafy McPoopdick
(4 1 2)

Loc: 1 5 1 3 6
Re: Ugh what is wrong with my hand [Re: Society]
    #3826156 - 02/24/05 06:10 AM (11 years, 9 months ago)

I always punch walls when i'm pissed off well that used to be until I punched the wall harder than usual. cauwing my pinky knucle on my right hand to dimple in after it's been all swollen. now when I hold my fingers straight out and all together, my pinky bends outward away fromt the other figners. haha

InvisiblelIllIIIllIlIIlIlIIllIllIIl
Stranger
 Arcade Champion: Airfox

Loc: Texas
Re: Ugh what is wrong with my hand [Re: Captain Loafy McPoopdick]
    #3828619 - 02/24/05 07:15 PM (11 years, 9 months ago)

I had a very similar thing happen to me a few years ago. I was kayacking (sp?) and fell out of the kayack. Hit my toe on a river rock and got a hairline fracture. I didn't need a cast, but it did hurt for about a month, maybe more. Sounds to me like you have a hailine fracture in your pinky.

Offlinesykobish
ProfessionalPsycho - JTOKREW
 User Gallery

Loc: Toronto, eh?
    #3843699 - 02/27/05 10:32 PM (11 years, 9 months ago)

Sounds like you broke a bone. I have broken my baby knuckle twice and it felt the same way. It surprisingly doesn't hurt as much as you would expect it to. If it's swollen and tender then it's probably broken. But just because you can move it, doesn't mean it's not broke.

I would get it checked out if I were you, because it does sound like it's broken. Getting it rebroken sucks.. It's definitely not fun at all.

--------------------
I would rather have had one breath of her hair, one kiss from her mouth, one touch of her hand, than eternity without it. One.
-={Nite-Crew}=-

*-_Thread_Jacker_-*
To love is to admire with the heart; to admire is to love with the mind. - Th?ophile Gautier.
Seek not every quality in one individual - Confucius.
Global Living Space

Jump to top. Pages: 1

Community >> Physical and Mental Well-Being