Home | Community | Message Board

This site includes paid links. Please support our sponsors.

Welcome to the Shroomery Message Board! You are experiencing a small sample of what the site has to offer. Please login or register to post messages and view our exclusive members-only content. You'll gain access to additional forums, file attachments, board customizations, encrypted private messages, and much more!

Shop: Unfolding Nature Unfolding Nature: Being in the Implicate Order   Kraken Kratom Red Vein Kratom   North Spore North Spore Mushroom Grow Kits & Cultivation Supplies   Left Coast Kratom Buy Kratom Extract   MagicBag.co Certified Organic All-In-One Grow Bags by Magic Bag

Jump to first unread post Pages: 1 | 2 | 3 | Next >  [ show all ]
Some of these posts are very old and might contain outdated information. You may wish to search for newer posts instead.
OfflineUlisSausage7
seattle
Male

salvia.. is a bad trip possible?
    #3820004 - 02/22/05 10:37 PM (19 years, 1 month ago)

i havent ever done more than pot. I cant seem to get shrooms, and LSD i think ill wait for.. so i settled for salvia. is it possible to have like, a really bad scary trip on salvia? could you guys describe some of your salvia experiences?

--------------------
Marx said:
good luck with the microscopy 

:whistling:

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Invisiblemojav3
Administrator OfProcrastination

Re: salvia.. is a bad trip possible? [Re: UlisSausage7]
    #3820203 - 02/22/05 11:05 PM (19 years, 1 month ago)

I have read that salvia isn't really fun for most people, mostly used as a means of discovery or enlightenment, not used for recreation often. From what i've read salvia trips don't last long and they are often very intense and profound. Some people are uncomfortable during these trips. On the other hand, some people really enjoy it. I have never done it but I have read lots about it so maybe this will help you. If you are looking to experience something like pot, salvia is not what you want most likely. Most people react differently to salvia, some like it, some don't. The only way to know is to try it. Hope this helps alittle.  :thumbup:

--------------------
- hunker down you hairy dog -

Edited by mojav3 (02/22/05 11:06 PM)

OfflineUlisSausage7
seattle
Male

Re: salvia.. is a bad trip possible? [Re: mojav3]
    #3820257 - 02/22/05 11:15 PM (19 years, 1 month ago)

i really want either weird visuals or a divine enlightenment type of thing, hard to explain i guess

--------------------
Marx said:

OfflineKerr
Who else would I be

Loc: My roots in the Koots
    #3820432 - 02/22/05 11:54 PM (19 years, 1 month ago)

UlisSausage7, Salvia divinorum is a great plant and yes a bad trip is possible, but it is also possible with many other substances. Mindset plays a key role in any entheogenic experience. One thing I find when deciding a new plant ally to incorporate into my spiritual path is to read as many trip reports as I can.
Check out Erowid, Sally Vault
Read some of the bad trips and trip disasters and try and see what triggered them to happen. Alot of the time, set and setting play another crucial card in dealing a bad trip. Make a list of the things that you think caused these bad trips and make sure that you do your best when you decide to indulge to follow some guidelines.
Some examples are; #1 MOST IMPORTANT! Make sure that you are not suffering from any psychological distress at the time, this can be brought out during the trip and be intensified and can turn into one hell of an experience.
Having a sober sitter, this is important with S.divinorum as if one goes to far there is a chance that the body will try to stand up and move around, although the mind does not follow. Make sure the phone is off the hook, no friends are gonna stop by and you are in a very comfortable setting. I find throwing a bunch of blankets and pillows on the ground makes a very comforting place.
Dim the lights, put on some ambient music or whatever makes you feel comfortable and calm, I personally like drumming and chanting and other meditative music.
The great thing with S.divinorum is that the experience is quite short compared to mushrooms or LSD, more along the lines of a DMT, a gutwrenching blast into another dimension. So just in case a bad experience arouses, you can be assured that the peak does not last too long but remember the effects that it has on you may be detrimental to your mental well being after the trip is all over.
Do not let the idea of a bad trip scare you away from trying a new ally. In my experience with entheogens I have yet to have a bad trip. There have been overly intense times but nothing that affected me for the worse.
So check out Erowid Vaults for any entheogenic info you need.

Know your substance, know your setting and know yourself and you'll be ok UlisSausage7!

--------------------
"Easy going and organic thoughts bent on self experimentation and knowledge and growth for the betterment of self and those around us"
-Playdo the philosophiser

Invisiblewishcouldeletethis
Female User Gallery

Loc: georgia
Re: salvia.. is a bad trip possible? *DELETED* [Re: UlisSausage7]
    #3820460 - 02/22/05 11:59 PM (19 years, 1 month ago)

Post deleted by wishcouldeletethis

Reason for deletion: k

Offlinedigihelix
Stranger
Re: salvia.. is a bad trip possible? [Re: wishcouldeletethis]
    #3820705 - 02/23/05 01:02 AM (19 years, 1 month ago)

I smoke salvia 10x and i have never had a bad trip actually i dont believe there is such a thing as a "bad" trip but i usually smoke it right when i am falling alseep and i go straight into a dream, its the best way i ahve found to enjoy salvia and i usually wake up where i left never gone wondering, usually get up in a pool of sweat, thats the only problem i have wit it isa the sweating but if its ur first time i would ahve a sitter cause u dont know how you will react with the drug, but its nice i like the fact its only a few min(but feels like hours:) cause some night i dont have all day to trip.

Invisibleredgreenvines
irregular verb
 User Gallery

Re: salvia.. is a bad trip possible? [Re: digihelix]
    #3820856 - 02/23/05 02:08 AM (19 years, 1 month ago)

for me, 20% of the time something scarey is mixed into the experience. like daily life, not exactly what you thought you wanted, but pretty good.

--------------------
:confused: _ :brainfart:🧠  _ :finger:

InvisibleOneMoreRobot3021
Male

Loc: the sky
    #3821585 - 02/23/05 10:03 AM (19 years, 1 month ago)

I don't think good and bad are even a question. It's just a shattering experience. Someone in a recent salvia thread said it was like someone putting a shotgun to your head and blowing away everything you know about reality. Is that good or bad? Both. Neither. Everything.

--------------------
Acid doesn't give you truths; it builds machines that push the envelope of perception. Whatever revelations came to me then have dissolved like skywriting. All I really know is that those few years saddled me with a faith in the redemptive potential of the imagination which, however flat, stale and unprofitable the world seems to me now, I cannot for the life of me shake.

-Erik Davis

Invisibleredgreenvines
irregular verb
 User Gallery

Re: salvia.. is a bad trip possible? [Re: OneMoreRobot3021]
    #3821602 - 02/23/05 10:08 AM (19 years, 1 month ago)

that was the gonzo journalistic summation

--------------------

Invisiblegdman
badger, badger,badger...
Male User Gallery

Loc: Dancing In the Streets
    #3821606 - 02/23/05 10:08 AM (19 years, 1 month ago)

I go for the acid or the mushrooms, I think it's funny, you don't want something scary, so you choose salvia? Bad can be good sometimes, I like the dark side at times :evil:. Good is mixed with bad and it can be real ambiguous.

Hard to classify, these things are.

--------------------

Got a question about a substance?  Erowid might already have your answer! Have questions about the  mushroom experience? The  Tripper's FAQ may have your answer or someone else might have had your question before.

I know up on the top you are seeing great sights, but down at the bottom we, too, should have rights.
  - Theodor Seuss Geisel Dr. Suess

"I didn't come here to be easily understood" - Steve

Offlinealsey
meet me in thedreamtimewater...

#3821659 - 02/23/05 10:25 AM (19 years, 1 month ago)

i find that with salvia, the trip is neither good or bad. it just happens and i accept it. its only after i return to reality that i begin to think whether it was good or bad. the first time smoked salvia, i thought i died. at the time i was neither liking it or disliking it. however, thinking about freaked me out for a few weeks after.

Invisibleredgreenvines
irregular verb
 User Gallery

Re: salvia.. is a bad trip possible? [Re: alsey]
    #3821796 - 02/23/05 11:00 AM (19 years, 1 month ago)

salvinorin - a

under 300 mics per session it is disappointing (1/40 th gm of 5x)
under 450 mics per session it is 98% terrific (1/25 th gm of 5x)
above 450 mics per session it is 50% scary -- (bad?)(interesting)
above 650 mics per session it is 50% not available for comment & scary (1/20th gm of 5x)

for my body weight and ingestion method (efficiently smoked not stirred or sucked or chewed)

--------------------

InvisibleMOTH
Wild Woman
 User Gallery

Loc: In the jungle
Re: salvia.. is a bad trip possible? [Re: alsey]
    #3821815 - 02/23/05 11:04 AM (19 years, 1 month ago)

Quote:

alsey said:
i find that with salvia, the trip is neither good or bad. it just happens and i accept it. its only after i return to reality that i begin to think whether it was good or bad. the first time smoked salvia, i thought i died. at the time i was neither liking it or disliking it. however, thinking about freaked me out for a few weeks after.

The exact same thing happened to me. I wasn't that scared during the trip, but weeks afterward now I am really scared about trying Salvia again.

InvisibleMushie_Man
Fuck Up

Loc: UK
Re: salvia.. is a bad trip possible? [Re: MOTH]
    #3821963 - 02/23/05 11:41 AM (19 years, 1 month ago)

Hmm... salvia, I have had my fair share of salvia experiences, its true when you say its neither good or bad, its just an experience. An experience you wouldn't dream of. One minute everything is normal, nothing un-unusual. You take the hit, then as the seconds build up, what you know as reality is rapidly being replaced by some other form of existence, i see this as a cartoon/make believe world. I, personally change, to a character from this reality. Reality can stay like this for up to 30 minutes. It's very hard to describe, almost impossible to give you an idea what it is about without you actually trying it.

The best advice i can give you is just go for it and don't expect anything, just let what happens happen and don't be afraid. You'll come out better for the experience.

Peace,
Mushie Man  :mushroom2:

--------------------
Ecstacy got me standing next to you
Getting sentimental as fuck spillin' guts to you
We just met
But I think I'm in love with you
But you're on it too
So you tell me you love me too
Wake up in the morning like "yo, what the fuck we do?"

OfflineDeadmaker
Stranger
Male User Gallery

Re: salvia.. is a bad trip possible? [Re: Mushie_Man]
    #3823250 - 02/23/05 04:20 PM (19 years, 1 month ago)

I agree with pretty much everything that has been said here. It is an amazingly intense experience. I smoke the 20 x when I smoke it. It's expensive to buy, but it last quite some time because it takes very little to get what you want out of it.

I find that my most intense and messed up experiences are when I turn on some music (heavy music, have not tried it with any light music) and smoke it. It will take you into a different world that you have no control of.

Sometimes the trip is enjoyable and other times I am completely frightened for the duration of the trip. It's not something you want to do every day. I tend to smoke it about once every two weeks and I never do it alone. I'm one of those people that gets up and walks around during the trip and has no clue where I am going, so I could get hurt easily if I did it by myself.

Just respect it and you will get what you want out of it. And don't do it alone until you know how it will affect you.

OfflineTheProdigy
People like youjust fuel myfire...

Re: salvia.. is a bad trip possible? [Re: Deadmaker]
    #3823803 - 02/23/05 06:16 PM (19 years, 1 month ago)

I've had a lot of neutral Salvia experiences and a lot of very good salvia experiences. A lot of it has to do with set mind before going into the trip, and how stable your personality is, if you ask me. The more people have been unsure of themselves, I've noticed, the more likely they are to have negativity while tripping. I've only known one person that was an exception to this.

Yes, it is very possible to have a very negative trip. Salvia will distort EVERYTHING. I smoke 5x generally and 10x on occasion. Anything more than that I will usually experience a "Blackout" type phase and not remember my trip at all. Salvia is not a *Fun* drug, but as people say over and over, it's more of an "Educational/enlightening" drug. I have *NO* idea why it is legal at all, but hey whatever floats the government's boat, right? It's not like we can keep them from banning substances. Anyways, back to topic... Tripping on salvia is like no other experience I've had. Just make sure your do it under the proper conditions!

Happy Tripping!

--------------------

If you haven't gone to http://www.boohbah.com while you are tripping... it's a must.

OfflineUlisSausage7
seattle
Male

Re: salvia.. is a bad trip possible? [Re: TheProdigy]
    #3833215 - 02/25/05 01:15 PM (19 years, 1 month ago)

yeah i figured, but i had never read about a bad trip so i was just wondering.. anyways, im doing them tonight so ill try and post back in a day or so.. thanks for the info/help guys

--------------------
Marx said:

OfflineArchemetis
    #3833429 - 02/25/05 02:43 PM (19 years, 1 month ago)

salvia's teaching methods and sence of humor seem to be more on the dark side, ime. not nessesarily a bad thing though. just very intence and different from anything familiar.

InvisibleGRTUD
INFP
Male

Loc: United States
    #3834707 - 02/25/05 08:10 PM (19 years, 1 month ago)

I can't take the experience from salvia. It reminds me of when I was a teenager and we used to get KW and smoke it in these little pin joints. I would forget how to breath and if you were in a car driving (as a passenger, I don't know how anyone could actually operate a car under the influence of that stuff), you could be going 90 miles an hour and it seemed like you were barely moving at all. At least salvia doesn't last so long but it make me feel the same way.  :confused:

--------------------
"New shit has come to light..."

Invisiblejux
I'm better thanan STD!

#3835045 - 02/25/05 10:02 PM (19 years, 1 month ago)

Quote:

UlisSausage7 said:
i havent ever done more than pot. I cant seem to get shrooms, and LSD i think ill wait for.. so i settled for salvia. is it possible to have like, a really bad scary trip on salvia? could you guys describe some of your salvia experiences?

Let's see. Describe my experiences. First, sally grabs you by the spine, pulls you down with all her might, begins to stab your back with needles, and finally, kicks you off into another dimension. By the time you realize you're tripping, the trip's over. At least that's how it plays out with me.

--------------------

Jump to top Pages: 1 | 2 | 3 | Next >  [ show all ]

Shop: Unfolding Nature Unfolding Nature: Being in the Implicate Order   Kraken Kratom Red Vein Kratom   North Spore North Spore Mushroom Grow Kits & Cultivation Supplies   Left Coast Kratom Buy Kratom Extract   MagicBag.co Certified Organic All-In-One Grow Bags by Magic Bag