Home | Community | Message Board

Cannabis Seeds - Original Sensible Seeds
This site includes paid links. Please support our sponsors.

Welcome to the Shroomery Message Board! You are experiencing a small sample of what the site has to offer. Please login or register to post messages and view our exclusive members-only content. You'll gain access to additional forums, file attachments, board customizations, encrypted private messages, and much more!

Shop: North Spore North Spore Mushroom Grow Kits & Cultivation Supplies   Mushroom-Hut Substrate Mix   Left Coast Kratom Buy Kratom Extract   PhytoExtractum Maeng Da Thai Kratom Leaf Powder   Unfolding Nature Unfolding Nature: Being in the Implicate Order

Jump to first unread post Pages: 1
Some of these posts are very old and might contain outdated information. You may wish to search for newer posts instead.
OfflineLengthyFellow
I play with poo

Air Exchange in a Martha?
    #3820428 - 02/22/05 11:53 PM (19 years, 1 month ago)

Someone i know recently set up a martha, humidified w/ perlite at the bottom. How should he set up for some air exchange? He was thinking about just making a polyfill filter at the top and another at the side/bottom. Would the weight of the co2 cause it to flow out of the bottom filter, thus sucking in filtered air? Or does he need some kind of fan (he has those little computer fans) in order to pull/push air in?

--------------------

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Offlinesillysimon
PermanentPalinopsia

Loc: i have an STD,its HPPD ...
Re: Air Exchange in a Martha? [Re: LengthyFellow]
    #3820465 - 02/23/05 12:00 AM (19 years, 1 month ago)

i have a fan in my martha to "MIX" the air.... not completly suck it out....if he had a fan elevated in his martha to mix the air up and make it not stagnant, than your on the right path.. a fresh circulation of oxygen is what the mushies want....

--------------------
In the dawn my toes are cold They spread their little trinkets on the ground In the hall By the closet door They creep into my bed without sound On a cube In a plastic egg A hundred fabric figures in a pile See them march Toward me And dance across the floor trippily Little faces keep no track of time Little faces speaking out in rhyme Little faces smiling in my mind Tiny doors For walking through sticky fingers clutch forbidden things the phone For talking through Sinking ships On a foamy sea That tumbles from the motion of filthy Little hands In the dark When eyes are wide listen to secrets that I tell In a ball On tiny beds Or beneath them where the shadow people dwell moon Beams split the night Leave bars of yellow pasted on their faces As they drift into a dream

Offlinesillysimon
PermanentPalinopsia

Re: Air Exchange in a Martha? [Re: sillysimon]
    #3820490 - 02/23/05 12:06 AM (19 years, 1 month ago)

i mean think about it. you want to simulate nature as closly as possible to a certain extent.. think, the mushies in the wild have constant air blowing around them making them thrive with life.

--------------------
In the dawn my toes are cold They spread their little trinkets on the ground In the hall By the closet door They creep into my bed without sound On a cube In a plastic egg A hundred fabric figures in a pile See them march Toward me And dance across the floor trippily Little faces keep no track of time Little faces speaking out in rhyme Little faces smiling in my mind Tiny doors For walking through sticky fingers clutch forbidden things the phone For talking through Sinking ships On a foamy sea That tumbles from the motion of filthy Little hands In the dark When eyes are wide listen to secrets that I tell In a ball On tiny beds Or beneath them where the shadow people dwell moon Beams split the night Leave bars of yellow pasted on their faces As they drift into a dream

OfflineLengthyFellow
I play with poo

#3820499 - 02/23/05 12:08 AM (19 years, 1 month ago)

i understand...but if the air is just moving around inside, how would this eliminate co2? it would seem to me that you would want the co2 to settle at the bottom so it is easier to get rid of it...by aggravating the air wouldnt you be mixing the excess co2 with the surrounding air?

--------------------

Offlinesillysimon
PermanentPalinopsia

#3820507 - 02/23/05 12:09 AM (19 years, 1 month ago)

exactly

--------------------

Offlinesillysimon
PermanentPalinopsia

#3820517 - 02/23/05 12:11 AM (19 years, 1 month ago)

how big is his set up ... how much is he fuiting inside

--------------------

Offlinesillysimon
PermanentPalinopsia

#3820533 - 02/23/05 12:15 AM (19 years, 1 month ago)

unless you are fruiting a shit load in a packed tight area... you shold not worry.. i read that mycologist uste a mixing process in there work too.. as long a a circulation of air is in their it will keep the co2 from settling, therfore keeping it from being a problem.... but this is just an opinon do what you will

--------------------

OfflineLengthyFellow
I play with poo

#3820547 - 02/23/05 12:20 AM (19 years, 1 month ago)

approx 6 sq ft. of casings in a 3.5 ft tall x 3 ft wide by 2 ft. deep chamber

--------------------

Offlinesillysimon
PermanentPalinopsia

#3820555 - 02/23/05 12:22 AM (19 years, 1 month ago)

dude.. mixing is fine.. i.ve done it with great results.. big bulky fresh flushes.....gl

--------------------

OfflineLengthyFellow
I play with poo

#3820556 - 02/23/05 12:22 AM (19 years, 1 month ago)

Quote:

sillysimon said:
as long a a circulation of air is in their it will keep the co2 from settling, therfore keeping it from being a problem...

ok this makes sense...as long as thats not too much area for that size tererrium

--------------------

Offlinesillysimon
PermanentPalinopsia

#3820560 - 02/23/05 12:23 AM (19 years, 1 month ago)

my fan is on a timer to go off for 3 mins.. 3 times a day...... fluffs the mushrooms right up and over my expectancies

--------------------

OfflineLengthyFellow
I play with poo

#3820569 - 02/23/05 12:26 AM (19 years, 1 month ago)

thanks man

--------------------

Offlinesillysimon
PermanentPalinopsia

#3820570 - 02/23/05 12:26 AM (19 years, 1 month ago)

try it.. i hav an exhaust sytem on another kit of mine.. and ive, put incense smoke and watched the flow of air in the kit... all it really did WAS MIXIT UP ANYWAYS.. creates a tornado type deal with the air.. and that fresh air hitting the mushies is really healthy... i bet the exhaust sucks only 10 percent of the air out and mixies the rest

--------------------

Offlinesillysimon
PermanentPalinopsia

#3820572 - 02/23/05 12:27 AM (19 years, 1 month ago)

no prob..

--------------------

InvisibleMagash
Da Bud Guru
 User Gallery

Loc: Near Hilo
Trusted Cultivator
    #3820597 - 02/23/05 12:33 AM (19 years, 1 month ago)

Why not use the cool mist, ultrasonic combo?

--------------------
All creatures tremble when faced with violence. All creatures fear death, all love life. If we can only see ourselves in others, then how could we possibly hurt another creature?

:growingweed: Join us at the Growery! :growingweed:

InvisibleMrMaddHatter
Dementia praecox
 User Gallery

Loc: Everywhere
Re: Air Exchange in a Martha? [Re: Magash]
    #3820611 - 02/23/05 12:36 AM (19 years, 1 month ago)

Thats what I say. Cool mist and ultra sonic all the way!

OfflineLengthyFellow
I play with poo

Re: Air Exchange in a Martha? [Re: MrMaddHatter]
    #3820657 - 02/23/05 12:50 AM (19 years, 1 month ago)

i dont know...he bought an ultrasonic on ebay but the filter is broken and it leaks everywhere, and the perlite gets it up to 99% humidity, so he doesnt feel like spending another $100 just for air exchange...what are the benefits of doing all that work? as i understand it you have to have the ultrasonic on a timer or it will be too much humidity. are there any teks that explain this method further?

--------------------

Offlinescatmanrav
Brainy Smurf

Loc: Flag
Trusted Cultivator
    #3821892 - 02/23/05 11:22 AM (19 years, 1 month ago)

Just use a cool mist for air exchange. A cool mist can be had for like 25 bucks at walmart and an ultrasonic like 35, its not 100 bucks. Even just a cool mist should work with the perilite in place of the ultrasonic.

--------------------
"life is like a drop of rain getting closer and closer to falling into a lake, and then when you hit the lake there is no more rain drop, only the lake."

Growing with bags, start to finish (including my new grain and substrate prep)
Anyone looking to start bulk tubs/mono tubs/shotgun hybrids? Good tubs to use..
How I do grain (old still good tips)
Turn your closet into a fruiting chamber
Casing layer colonization and overlay

OfflineLengthyFellow
I play with poo

Re: Air Exchange in a Martha? [Re: scatmanrav]
    #3822942 - 02/23/05 03:24 PM (19 years, 1 month ago)

my math for the 100:

30 for a coolmist
40 for an ultrasonic
10 for a timer
10-20 for supplies to connect and seal the humidifiers to the chamber

How do you go about connecting the coolmist to the chamber? I am dealing with probably 2mm plastic covering as the walls.

--------------------

Invisibledobinky
infoseeker
 User Gallery
Loc: Wiki, Kentucky
    #3822964 - 02/23/05 03:28 PM (19 years, 1 month ago)

KMART has
19.99 coolmist
29.99 US
8$ timer
some plastic tubing+ PVC parts if you please- 10-15 bucks.(may not be at kmart)

--------------------
Today?s Pig is Tomorrow?s Bacon

Jump to top Pages: 1

Shop: North Spore North Spore Mushroom Grow Kits & Cultivation Supplies   Mushroom-Hut Substrate Mix   Left Coast Kratom Buy Kratom Extract   PhytoExtractum Maeng Da Thai Kratom Leaf Powder   Unfolding Nature Unfolding Nature: Being in the Implicate Order