Home | Community | Message Board

Cannabis Seeds Zamnesia
This site includes paid links. Please support our sponsors.

Welcome to the Shroomery Message Board! You are experiencing a small sample of what the site has to offer. Please login or register to post messages and view our exclusive members-only content. You'll gain access to additional forums, file attachments, board customizations, encrypted private messages, and much more!

Shop: Left Coast Kratom Buy Kratom Extract   Unfolding Nature Unfolding Nature: Being in the Implicate Order   Kraken Kratom Red Vein Kratom   Mushroom-Hut Substrate Mix   North Spore Bulk Substrate   MagicBag.co All-In-One Bags That Don't Suck   Original Sensible Seeds Bulk Cannabis Seeds

Jump to first unread post Pages: 1 | 2 | Next >  [ show all ]
Some of these posts are very old and might contain outdated information. You may wish to search for newer posts instead.
Anonymous

2 person operation
    #3820226 - 02/22/05 11:09 PM (19 years, 1 month ago)

what could a 2 person operation produce, with full time devotion?

i am an intermediate level grower. i have grown mushrooms before, to some success.

i know the techniques require practice and precesion... with 18 months to "dial in" and tweak it... how much could one yield a week in dried product?

this is the debate a friend and i are having. simply a hypothetical question.

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
InvisibleMrMaddHatter
Dementia praecox
 User Gallery

Loc: Everywhere
Re: 2 person operation [Re: ]
    #3820258 - 02/22/05 11:15 PM (19 years, 1 month ago)

IMO, a 2 person op is a bad idea. Just my opinion though. One person can very easily grow more than anyone would ever want.

InvisibleCitric
 User Gallery

Trusted Cultivator
Re: 2 person operation [Re: MrMaddHatter]
    #3820267 - 02/22/05 11:16 PM (19 years, 1 month ago)

Quote:

MrMaddHatter said:
IMO, a 2 person op is a bad idea. Just my opinion though. One person can very easily grow more than anyone would ever want.

--------------------
Self Healing lid tek ** Update 10.17.17 **
Mini casing pictures: Pins to harvest
Cup O' Shrooms
Magash:  I noticed my contams were in the shape of fingers :whack:
Hyphae:  Yes  "Loss of moisture from the substrate"  is not a casing trigger.  :cuckoo:

My final Grow!

Offlineonetime
onetime
 User Gallery

Re: 2 person operation [Re: MrMaddHatter]
    #3820272 - 02/22/05 11:17 PM (19 years, 1 month ago)

i mathmaticly one person could make 1-100 dry lbs a month depending on how meny sq ft of grow space they used and if they got there cycles timed just right

--------------------

See?
Yes, with my own three eyes.
Depression, Misspells , wanting everying thing i cant have haveing nothing i want

Anonymous

Re: 2 person operation [Re: onetime]
    #3820302 - 02/22/05 11:25 PM (19 years, 1 month ago)

well, i was thinking about 100-150 lbs max per month in about 300 sq ft of room/work space, obviously using shelves. sound about right?

Offline88mustanggt

#3820314 - 02/22/05 11:28 PM (19 years, 1 month ago)

all i can say is holly hell 100lb of dryed shroom. but ya i think its possable if you got cycles down so you always have somthing to be doing, also a good supply of bulk substates. to produce that pluse a good way to dump all the waste products.

Offline88mustanggt

Re: 2 person operation [Re: 88mustanggt]
    #3820318 - 02/22/05 11:28 PM (19 years, 1 month ago)

hell youll probly get another pound or so from where you dump your spent substates.

Offlinescatmanrav
Brainy Smurf

Loc: Flag
Trusted Cultivator
    #3820331 - 02/22/05 11:31 PM (19 years, 1 month ago)

Quote:

onetime said:
i mathmaticly one person could make 1-100 dry lbs a month depending on how meny sq ft of grow space they used and if they got there cycles timed just right

I'd like to see the single person who could take care of a garden that could produce 1,000 wet pounds of mushrooms a month. Thats harvesting 33 pounds of mushrooms a day. That ALONE would be incredibly time consuming. Realistically one person can only handle much less. There is alot of work when you move to large amounts and even small tasks such as cleaning jars and harvesting become tedious and take up portions. Then pressure cooking and pasteaurizing and spawning and casing..

Hypothetically, two people could probably take care of about 8 bins each, 16 total, that could put out a qp dry per flush per week. Talking 4 pounds ish? Keep in mind you need another 16 in the creation/incubation stages to take the place if your talking harvests every week. This is a lot of work for two people, alot more then most people may relize. That would be no job and not much of a life..and it would require you to be good at it.

--------------------
"life is like a drop of rain getting closer and closer to falling into a lake, and then when you hit the lake there is no more rain drop, only the lake."

Growing with bags, start to finish (including my new grain and substrate prep)
Anyone looking to start bulk tubs/mono tubs/shotgun hybrids? Good tubs to use..
How I do grain (old still good tips)
Turn your closet into a fruiting chamber
Casing layer colonization and overlay

InvisibleCitric
 User Gallery

Trusted Cultivator
Re: 2 person operation [Re: 88mustanggt]
    #3820335 - 02/22/05 11:32 PM (19 years, 1 month ago)

I know people that have grown for a long time, and pull one oz per qt, on a good day.

If you were to even do that. That is 1600 casings for 100lbs.

Now considering you are not an expert grower(No offense), you could count on 1/2 oz per casing. 3200 casings.

Ouch. Goodluck though.

Btw, buying that many materials would send up a serious red flag. Carefull.

--------------------
Self Healing lid tek ** Update 10.17.17 **
Mini casing pictures: Pins to harvest
Cup O' Shrooms
Magash:  I noticed my contams were in the shape of fingers :whack:
Hyphae:  Yes  "Loss of moisture from the substrate"  is not a casing trigger.  :cuckoo:

My final Grow!

Offlineonetime
onetime
 User Gallery

Re: 2 person operation [Re: Citric]
    #3820353 - 02/22/05 11:36 PM (19 years, 1 month ago)

i know people that get 1lb out of a cat liter box a month and thats preaty small so i was and others that get 1-2 out of a 30gal tub so it dose vary a lot grower to grower

--------------------

See?
Depression, Misspells , wanting everying thing i cant have haveing nothing i want

Anonymous

Re: 2 person operation [Re: Citric]
    #3820359 - 02/22/05 11:38 PM (19 years, 1 month ago)

we were talking on the order of studying professional mycological commercial production methods.

yeah, it would be a lot of messy, pain in the ass work. but if you had 2-3 bedrooms, or a basement of an average house tweaked to capacity, in a complete lab enviro, then what should one expect.

i realize that an operation of this magnitude would take 18 months minimum to get off the ground, and a few to several years exp to get really dialed in.
could it be done?

Offlinescatmanrav
Brainy Smurf

Trusted Cultivator
    #3820380 - 02/22/05 11:44 PM (19 years, 1 month ago)

IMO, no. Not that much.

Do you know how much 1,000 pounds of fresh shrooms are? I mean at 100% biomass efficiency thats 1,000 pounds of substrate a month. Every single day you would have to pasteaurize 33 pounds of bulk material, PC enough spawn to inoculate the 33 pounds of bulk and inoculate the spawn, case 33 pounds of bulk material, and then harvest 33 wet pounds of mushrooms and dry them down to 3.3 pounds...every single day. Even if you split that work in half, your still not gonna do it.

And thats assuming you are a good enough grower to get 100% biomass efficiency while taking care of all the other shit you have to just to keep it going. I don't see two people producing more then a continuous 5-6 pounds a week, and even that would be one hell of a trick I think.

--------------------
"life is like a drop of rain getting closer and closer to falling into a lake, and then when you hit the lake there is no more rain drop, only the lake."

Edited by scatmanrav (02/23/05 12:04 AM)

InvisibleMrMaddHatter
Dementia praecox
 User Gallery

Loc: Everywhere
    #3820382 - 02/22/05 11:44 PM (19 years, 1 month ago)

Quote:

jono1 said:
could it be done?

I say yes.

Quote:

IMO, no. Not that much.

Do you know how much 1,000 pounds of fresh shrooms are? I mean at 100% biomass efficiency thats 1,000 pounds of substrate a month. Every single day you would have to pasteaurize 33 pounds of bulk material, PC enough spawn to inoculate the 33 pounds of bulk and inoculate the spawn, case 33 pounds of bulk material, and then harvest 33 wet pounds of mushrooms and dry them down to 3.3 pounds...every single day. Even if you split that work in half, your still not gonna do it.

Wait. Nevermind. I say no.

Edited by MrMaddHatter (02/22/05 11:46 PM)

Anonymous

Post deleted by Anno [Re: ]
    #3820387 - 02/22/05 11:45 PM (19 years, 1 month ago)

Offlinescatmanrav
Brainy Smurf

Trusted Cultivator
    #3820392 - 02/22/05 11:46 PM (19 years, 1 month ago)

Its not a question of should he do it, its a hypothetical question, no ones buying the suplies or going to do it since it would be so horribly illegal.

--------------------

Offlinefirsttimer101
Stranger
    #3820393 - 02/22/05 11:46 PM (19 years, 1 month ago)

I don't know squat about shrooms yet as I haven't even completed my first grow. However, I've got a lot of experience with the green. Cash cropping is more work than most people believe..they say criminals are too lazy to do 'real' work, but I'll tell you, growing anything in commercial quantities will involve a lot of planning, a lot of time and more effort than most people are willing to make. To grow in commercial quantities, you also need a full understanding of the drug laws, police tactics, counter-surveillance techniques, etc..that is, unless you want to go to jail.

The most important factor to consider is the legal climate in your country. Here in Canada, they can confiscate property only if the property can be shown to have been purchased with proceeds of criminal activity. In the States, they can confiscate a home that's been used to grow drugs even if there is 100% certainty that the home was purchased with legit funds.

Anonymous

Re: 2 person operation [Re: firsttimer101]
    #3820447 - 02/22/05 11:57 PM (19 years, 1 month ago)

substrates and everything is not a problem. mass quantity can be acquired. measures would be taken for security, including a rural, secluded location far from prying eyes.

i know mj and how to grow it commercially, but i don't do that anymore. shrooms don't stink, don't draw high juice, and is very low key compared to a large mj grow op indoors (lights, heat, smell, vent. sounds)

was just interested in max yields attainable. this is just a scenario, and we were guessing as to the capacity of a well entrusted team of two.

Offlineonetime
onetime
 User Gallery

#3820489 - 02/23/05 12:06 AM (19 years, 1 month ago)

Over 20.0 million pounds, 11 growers; 10.0 million and 19.9 million pounds, 15 growers; 5.0 million to 9.9 million pounds, 23 growers; 2.5 million to 4.9 million pounds, 25 growers; 1.0 million to 2.4 million pounds, 28 growers; 0.5 million to 1.0 million pounds, 9 growers; less than 0.5 million pounds of sales, 14 growers.

The growing area is 31.5 million square feet, up 4 percent from the previous season and 3 percent above 2001-02. Total fillings are 146 million square feet, up 3 percent from last season and 4 percent above 2001-02. Yields averaged 5.77 pounds per square foot, down 2 percent from last season. Producers received an average return of $6.02 per square foot, down 1 cent from last season and 16 cents below the 2001-02 season. U.S. fresh market production at 701 million pounds is up 1 percent from the previous season, while processed production, at 143 million pounds, is 3 percent above the previous season. Growers reported U.S. fresh market production at 83 percent of total sales volume with processed production making up the remaining 17 percent. For the 2004-05 crop, growers plan to increase their total fillings by less than 1 percent from the 2003-04 crop.

--------------------

See?

Offlinescatmanrav
Brainy Smurf

Trusted Cultivator
    #3820525 - 02/23/05 12:13 AM (19 years, 1 month ago)

Could you link to your info source? I'd like to read more about it. All of those operations are more then 2 people by alot, it may not seem like it but each person adds alot and if they all worked individually or even in pairs they wouldnt have achieved those numbers. Theyre also using factories and warhouses with expensive equipment that a two person op wouldnt have and they also arent growing cubies...things could change then..I'm not so experienced with that and what sort of effiency they could get.

--------------------

Offlineonetime
onetime
 User Gallery

Re: 2 person operation [Re: scatmanrav]
    #3820553 - 02/23/05 12:21 AM (19 years, 1 month ago)

http://www.americanmushroom.org/nass.htm

i just think that if you used a 55gal drum to pasturize and had a few hundred sq ft worth of grow space and timed every thing jsut right you could make a shit load of shrooms i mean jars once colinized will stay fine for months so just knock up a few hundred 1/2 gallon or gallon jars and that should last you a month

--------------------

See?

Jump to top Pages: 1 | 2 | Next >  [ show all ]

Shop: Left Coast Kratom Buy Kratom Extract   Unfolding Nature Unfolding Nature: Being in the Implicate Order   Kraken Kratom Red Vein Kratom   Mushroom-Hut Substrate Mix   North Spore Bulk Substrate   MagicBag.co All-In-One Bags That Don't Suck   Original Sensible Seeds Bulk Cannabis Seeds