Home | Community | Message Board

Original Seeds Store
This site includes paid links. Please support our sponsors.

Welcome to the Shroomery Message Board! You are experiencing a small sample of what the site has to offer. Please login or register to post messages and view our exclusive members-only content. You'll gain access to additional forums, file attachments, board customizations, encrypted private messages, and much more!

Shop: Kraken Kratom Red Vein Kratom   North Spore North Spore Mushroom Grow Kits & Cultivation Supplies   PhytoExtractum Kratom Powder for Sale   MagicBag.co All-In-One Bags That Don't Suck   Original Sensible Seeds Bulk Cannabis Seeds   Mushroom-Hut Mono Tub Substrate   Left Coast Kratom Buy Kratom Extract   Bridgetown Botanicals CBD Concentrates   Myyco.com Isolated Cubensis Liquid Culture For Sale

Jump to first unread post Pages: 1
Some of these posts are very old and might contain outdated information. You may wish to search for newer posts instead.
OfflineCray
I'm not fat i'mbig bones
 User Gallery

Growing with a black light... * 1
    #3818196 - 02/22/05 05:42 PM (19 years, 1 month ago)

Hi, I read somewhere in a high times mag. that using a black light while fruiting help your shrooms have more to a kick. True? How does it help?

--------------------
My Shroomery Gallery

Don't get ripped off ONLY BUY FROM SHROOMERY SPONSORS

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Invisiblepinkfloydms
!!!!!
Male

Loc: City of Dreams
Re: Growing with a black light... [Re: Cray] * 1
    #3818228 - 02/22/05 05:47 PM (19 years, 1 month ago)

Not true. It doesn't.

--------------------
Muppet Said:

so yeah:
- 'sex' five times
- once with a man
- once with a cadaver
- and thrice with actual women(all of which were prostitutes)
Best story ever!

www.panicstream.com :thumbup:

InvisibleHolydiver
Stranger
 User Gallery

Folding@home Statistics
Loc: The midnight sea
Trusted Cultivator
Re: Growing with a black light... [Re: pinkfloydms] * 1
    #3818307 - 02/22/05 05:58 PM (19 years, 1 month ago)

Quote:

pinkfloydms said:
Not true. It doesn't.

Correct, P. Cubensis will not grow under a blacklight.

--------------------
To find a place to live between the negatives and positives.

Offlinescatmanrav
Brainy Smurf

Loc: Flag
Trusted Cultivator
Re: Growing with a black light... [Re: Holydiver] * 1
    #3819162 - 02/22/05 08:41 PM (19 years, 1 month ago)

Quote:

Diver said:
Quote:

pinkfloydms said:
Not true. It doesn't.

\

Sure they will. You'll just end up with mutated and possibly less potent mushrooms that will probably become sterile down the road from the ultraviolet radiation. They'll fruit under it though.

Perhaps you read that about bud? Blacklights are said to increase trichome production...but shrooms aren't plants.

--------------------
"life is like a drop of rain getting closer and closer to falling into a lake, and then when you hit the lake there is no more rain drop, only the lake."

Growing with bags, start to finish (including my new grain and substrate prep)
Anyone looking to start bulk tubs/mono tubs/shotgun hybrids? Good tubs to use..
How I do grain (old still good tips)
Turn your closet into a fruiting chamber
Casing layer colonization and overlay

Offline4hodmt
AspiringMycologist

Re: Growing with a black light... [Re: scatmanrav] * 1
    #3819205 - 02/22/05 08:47 PM (19 years, 1 month ago)

yeah, shroomies will frow under blacklight i think though... the phosphor..... yeah, it'll just mutate ur genes.... gills on top of the cap looks cool though....

--------------------
all posts made by 4hodmt are entirely ficticious. the user 4hodmt has noa ffiliation with any company, or organization; any endorsements made by 4hodmt are to be considered a joke. any similarity between a person (or story) 4hodmt is talking about is entirely happenstance. 4hodmt is not to be taken seriously under any circumstance. furthermore, he does not know what he is talking about. Please ignore anything 4hodmt has to say.

_______

"Trust me, I'm from the future.

Actually I'm not from the future, but I did lived there for a while."

- Baby Hitler

OfflineKulTiVater
Comfortably Numb
Male User Gallery

Loc: Wonderland
Re: Growing with a black light... [Re: 4hodmt] * 1
    #3819595 - 02/22/05 09:41 PM (19 years, 1 month ago)

ok so you need at least some amount of light on your mycel to make them grow???

Offlinescatmanrav
Brainy Smurf

Trusted Cultivator
Re: Growing with a black light... [Re: KulTiVater] * 1
    #3819880 - 02/22/05 10:21 PM (19 years, 1 month ago)

Yes. A very small amount is needed but 12 hours under a regular bulb or even better, a compact flouro will promote better pinning. After pinning only enough light needed for them to grow up is needed but they grow better in the dark.

--------------------
"life is like a drop of rain getting closer and closer to falling into a lake, and then when you hit the lake there is no more rain drop, only the lake."

OfflineVALIS
vast activelivingintelligencesystem
 User Gallery

Loc: neverwhere, az
Re: Growing with a black light... [Re: KulTiVater] * 1
    #3819901 - 02/22/05 10:23 PM (19 years, 1 month ago)

Quote:

ok so you need at least some amount of light on your mycel to make them grow???

You need a miniscule amount/duration of light to help get your myc to initiate pinning.

After that, you generally only need a small amount of light every so often as means of keeping the fruits growing straight up and mostly verticle, rather than all over the place like a bunch of crazy fools on psilocybin. More light doesn't hurt, but it's not absolutely necessary.

They like blue spectrum better than white. It's possible that certain amounts of the correct light will make somewhat healthier fruits, but nothing really to bother over, unless you're really trying to get super detailed and pedantic with ultra-optimal conditions/environment.

--------------------
Nature is the Technology of the Divine.

OfflineDem_Bones
Strangler
Male User Gallery

Folding@home Statistics
Loc: Oklahoma
    #3820008 - 02/22/05 10:37 PM (19 years, 1 month ago)

Quote:

scatmanrav said:
Quote:

Diver said:
Quote:

pinkfloydms said:
Not true. It doesn't.

\

Sure they will. You'll just end up with mutated and possibly less potent mushrooms that will probably become sterile down the road from the ultraviolet radiation. They'll fruit under it though.

Perhaps you read that about bud? Blacklights are said to increase trichome production...but shrooms aren't plants.

you are confusting a black light with a UV steralizing bulb.
black lights dont make harmful levels of UV-B or UV-C . the light that mushrooms respond to , to form pins is light from the blue to the lower violet, witch is what black light make , i have use just blacklight to pin and grow mushrooms it worked great, no ill effects but it will not add to the potency

--------------------
At the bottom of this page is a search bar to search all the post and threads on the forum so you can see all the other 500 people who asked the same thing.use the top search too it has shroomery approved FAQs USE IT YOU CAN DO IT !

Offlineonetime
onetime
 User Gallery

Re: Growing with a black light... [Re: Dem_Bones] * 1
    #3820085 - 02/22/05 10:48 PM (19 years, 1 month ago)

i belive i read some where that pe was made with black lights but i could be worng they do make aborts though

Black lights and black light bulbs are used to make things glow in the dark. Black lights available in fluorescent lights produce 100% UV while black light bulbs only emit a faint purple light

--------------------

See?
Yes, with my own three eyes.
Depression, Misspells , wanting everying thing i cant have haveing nothing i want

Offlineonetime
onetime
 User Gallery

Re: Growing with a black light... [Re: onetime] * 1
    #3820109 - 02/22/05 10:52 PM (19 years, 1 month ago)

this is what you want for growing shrooms http://store.yahoo.com/allbulbs/f8t5bluelight.html

--------------------

See?
Depression, Misspells , wanting everying thing i cant have haveing nothing i want

Offlinescatmanrav
Brainy Smurf

Trusted Cultivator
    #3820133 - 02/22/05 10:55 PM (19 years, 1 month ago)

Quote:

Dem_Bones said:
Quote:

scatmanrav said:
Quote:

Diver said:
Quote:

pinkfloydms said:
Not true. It doesn't.

\

you are confusting a black light with a UV steralizing bulb.
black lights dont make harmful levels of UV-B or UV-C . the light that mushrooms respond to , to form pins is light from the blue to the lower violet, witch is what black light make , i have use just blacklight to pin and grow mushrooms it worked great, no ill effects but it will not add to the potency

If I am confused, perhaps you could explain to the creator of the PF tek why after using blacklights for a few generations his PF Classic strain became sporeless (sterile)?

Blacklights put out UV-A which is relativly safe for human exposure but is still ultraviolet radiation. It will still affect your mushrooms. Maybe not the first generation. Like I said, it does work. It can work better or worse depending on different factors. The UV rays will be absorbed quickly by other things, distance from the light, duration of light, can all play factors. Be assured though, it can cause problems.

--------------------

OfflineDem_Bones
Strangler
Male User Gallery

Folding@home Statistics
    #3820270 - 02/22/05 11:17 PM (19 years, 1 month ago)

all light is radiation from red to xrays just because something is emitting radiation does not mean its radioactive this is not directed at you scatmanrav , i was just pointing that out as its a common misconception exspeculy with the word mutated involved

--------------------
At the bottom of this page is a search bar to search all the post and threads on the forum so you can see all the other 500 people who asked the same thing.use the top search too it has shroomery approved FAQs USE IT YOU CAN DO IT !

Offlineonetime
onetime
 User Gallery

#3820275 - 02/22/05 11:19 PM (19 years, 1 month ago)

well i think the whole point is that the radition isnt enough to efect humans but enough to effect mushrooms

--------------------

See?

Offlinescatmanrav
Brainy Smurf

Trusted Cultivator
    #3820351 - 02/22/05 11:36 PM (19 years, 1 month ago)

Quote:

Dem_Bones said:
all light is radiation from red to xrays just because something is emitting radiation does not mean its radioactive

No, it doesnt, but the blacklight isnt just emitting "radiation" its emmiting _UV_ radiation. Its not radioactive and isnt going to cause them to mutate in front of your eyes but certain kinds of black lights put out UVA closer to 315nm and depending on how close the light is and how long its on will affect how mutated things get and how quickly. I've seen many a post where people post about their mutants asking why and they use a blacklight. Most everyone who uses a blacklight eventually comes across with problems, even if its not the first few grows.

--------------------

OfflineDem_Bones
Strangler
Male User Gallery

Folding@home Statistics
    #3820474 - 02/23/05 12:02 AM (19 years, 1 month ago)

well thats good to know i have used them and got great pins sets and so i thought that thay where good. but now i know that can cause problems , good to know

--------------------

Jump to top Pages: 1

Shop: Kraken Kratom Red Vein Kratom   North Spore North Spore Mushroom Grow Kits & Cultivation Supplies   PhytoExtractum Kratom Powder for Sale   MagicBag.co All-In-One Bags That Don't Suck   Original Sensible Seeds Bulk Cannabis Seeds   Mushroom-Hut Mono Tub Substrate   Left Coast Kratom Buy Kratom Extract   Bridgetown Botanicals CBD Concentrates   Myyco.com Isolated Cubensis Liquid Culture For Sale