Home | Community | Message Board

This site includes paid links. Please support our sponsors.

Welcome to the Shroomery Message Board! You are experiencing a small sample of what the site has to offer. Please login or register to post messages and view our exclusive members-only content. You'll gain access to additional forums, file attachments, board customizations, encrypted private messages, and much more!

Shop: PhytoExtractum Kratom Powder for Sale   Kraken Kratom Kratom Capsules for Sale   Original Sensible Seeds Autoflowering Cannabis Seeds   Left Coast Kratom Buy Kratom Capsules   North Spore North Spore Mushroom Grow Kits & Cultivation Supplies   Bridgetown Botanicals Bridgetown Botanicals

Jump to first unread post Pages: 1 | 2 | 3 | Next >  [ show all ]
OfflineMarkostheGnostic
Elder
Male User Gallery

Loc: South Florida Flag
Am I the Only One Who Uses Passion Flower Instead of Cannabis?
    #3819315 - 02/22/05 09:06 PM (19 years, 1 month ago)

Is there no other person out there who has wondered if any other plants can lend themselves usefulness in the sense of temporary inebriation, sleep inducement, in a word - stoned? I don't mean a powerful thing like Salvia, I mean 3 hits in a pipe, wait a little while and it comes on. Passiflora Incarnata - Passion Flower - is 100% legal, costs about $1.25 an ounce, doesn't cause memory loss or apathetic syndrome as far as I can tell, tastes like low-grade cannabis and only works if THC has been eliminated from its monopolistic place in your synapses - but really works.

Not only does it get you stoned, and works as a sleep remedy, especially with 2 Valerian root capsules or 1.5 mg Melatonin, but there's more. It works as an anti-depressant agent for about 24 hours, with no need to build up levels in your system like pharmaceuticals. I discovered this in 1992 when a divorce caused me to take Deseryl and Atavan by prescription, and had to open my eyes with my fingers in the morning!

I toke as I type, and I have to tell you - if you're still free enough to quit cannabis for a few weeks and try something new, you'll laugh at how available, legal, and inexpensive this stuff is. It contains Harmine and Harmaline - once called Telepathine for its supposed ability to enhance mental telepathy. These are psychedelic substances.

So, tonight is a treat: a Robert Mondavi 2002 Cabernet Sauvignon, a bit of telly with my British Lady (CSI - Las Vegas on Spike), www.nugs.net Phish, a few hits of Passiflora and half a 3 mg Melatonin, and in a few minutes, slumberland.

But really, check out Passion Flower if you want an interesting experiment.

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
InvisibleTYL3R
I'm a teapot User Gallery

Re: Am I the Only One Who Uses Passion Flower Instead of Cannabis? [Re: MarkostheGnostic]
    #3819350 - 02/22/05 09:11 PM (19 years, 1 month ago)

Enjoy. :laugh:

Invisiblefearfect
Re: Am I the Only One Who Uses Passion Flower Instead of Cannabis? [Re: TYL3R]
    #3819373 - 02/22/05 09:13 PM (19 years, 1 month ago)

isnt it a MAOI?

OfflineoDin
Re: Am I the Only One Who Uses Passion Flower Instead of Cannabis? [Re: MarkostheGnostic]
    #3819395 - 02/22/05 09:17 PM (19 years, 1 month ago)

hey man I've tried smokin it from a bong whilst shrooming...and i must say either the tea or smoking passionflower while shrooming can be VERY nice...

passionflower smoked alone I've tried but never got a "buzz". now i understand why :smile:.

on a side note...one time annie and i owned a home near my very straight laced parents. we had gave my parents a key to our house for "just in case". well annie and i had to rush out one time and i left a plate of passionflower i had been cleaning for shrooming. well my parents apparently came in and left a note saying hi, right by the plate...complete with rolling papers cuz i was trying to smoke it alone. heh well they never said anything but im sure they were "what in the darn heck is that? marewauna?" hehe

InvisibleGnuBobo
Frilly Cuffs Extraordinaire
 User Gallery

Loc: Charisma
    #3819396 - 02/22/05 09:17 PM (19 years, 1 month ago)

I made tea with that stuff in lieu of anti-anxiety meds. You can smoke it??

--------------------
Jerry Garcia. JERRY GARCIA! JERRY GARCIA!!!!

Offlineshnakboozy
Stranger
 User Gallery

Re: Am I the Only One Who Uses Passion Flower Instead of Cannabis? [Re: fearfect]
    #3819423 - 02/22/05 09:20 PM (19 years, 1 month ago)

OfflineTinTree
thread killer(semi pro)
Male User Gallery

Loc: Mu
Re: Am I the Only One Who Uses Passion Flower Instead of Cannabis? [Re: shnakboozy]
    #3819487 - 02/22/05 09:27 PM (19 years, 1 month ago)

It contains harmaline, which is an MAOI.... harmaline is named for perganum harmala, or syrian rue, which you've probably heard of. :wink:

--------------------
"I'm afraid of losing my obscurity. Genuineness only thrives in the dark. Like celery."
- Aldous Huxley

Edited by TinTree (02/22/05 09:28 PM)

OfflineToricious
Theblunt-smokinglense-man.

Re: Am I the Only One Who Uses Passion Flower Instead of Cannabis? [Re: TinTree]
    #3819525 - 02/22/05 09:32 PM (19 years, 1 month ago)

uh, doesn't harmine have it's own problems though?

never tried passion flower, maybe I will eventually...it bothers me that our gimmicky head-shop sells it along with catnip as a "marijuana substitute" though, makes it look kind of sleazy...

--------------------
"There's a guy in my apple!"

"Jerk off on weed man, that's where it's at... " -Anjaba

InvisibleVvellum
Stranger

#3819602 - 02/22/05 09:42 PM (19 years, 1 month ago)

I never smoke pot (last time was about 9 months ago). I should try this...thanks markos

OfflineTodcasil
rogue DMT elf
Female User Gallery

Loc: Crawling on the floor...
Re: Am I the Only One Who Uses Passion Flower Instead of Cannabis? [Re: Toricious]
    #3819666 - 02/22/05 09:50 PM (19 years, 1 month ago)

head shops are dangerous.

they may want to get your head to sell :blush:

btw passionflower is GOOD for you in your brain parts.

--------------------
Men look at themselves and they see flawed humans, we look at women and we see perfect
GODDESSES
Women look at themselves and they seem utterly human, when looking at men they see proud
GODS.

~Casil

:cactus:

OfflineKada
Asha'man
Male User Gallery
Loc: Buckeye Flag
Re: Am I the Only One Who Uses Passion Flower Instead of Cannabis? [Re: Todcasil]
    #3819764 - 02/22/05 10:04 PM (19 years, 1 month ago)

ganna check it out..thanks man
In case someone wonders what MAIO means...
http://www.anxiety-and-depression-solutions.com/maoi.htm

--------------------
~The Cultivators Motherload~

"I am free, no matter what rules surround me. If I find them tolerable, I tolerate them; if I find them too obnoxious, I break them.
I am free because I know that I alone am morally responsible for everything I do." -Robert A. Heinlein

"There is no need for temples, no need for complicated philosophies.
My brain and my heart are my temples; my philosophy is kindness."-Dalai Lama

Live long and prosper.

OfflineMarkostheGnostic
Elder
Male User Gallery

Re: Am I the Only One Who Uses Passion Flower Instead of Cannabis? [Re: oDin]
    #3821033 - 02/23/05 05:41 AM (19 years, 1 month ago)

Don't misunderstand...it works alone. I was just trying to get a deep sleep. Melatonin not necessary. As it turned out, I had more consecutive and different dreams, and I was so active in sleep, my Lady had to wake me out of it. Now I'm sleepy - seems I wore m'self out dreaming.

OfflineMarkostheGnostic
Elder
Male User Gallery

Re: Am I the Only One Who Uses Passion Flower Instead of Cannabis? [Re: Toricious]
    #3821037 - 02/23/05 05:43 AM (19 years, 1 month ago)

We tried catnip in the late 60's - instant headache, nothing else. Passion Flower works. So do combinations with Damiana and Scullcap, but that's another story.

Anonymous

#3821040 - 02/23/05 05:45 AM (19 years, 1 month ago)

It grows in ditches on the side of almost every country road in the summertime here.

Where did you buy yours from? And what parts do you smoke if you gather your own from the wild.

OfflineMarkostheGnostic
Elder
Male User Gallery

Re: Am I the Only One Who Uses Passion Flower Instead of Cannabis? [Re: shnakboozy]
    #3821045 - 02/23/05 05:50 AM (19 years, 1 month ago)

It is an MAOI and one time we didn't take that into consideration and smoked after splitting a bottle of red wine. We got really stoned, and ended up lying on the sofas, eyes wide open, til 3 in the morning, unable or unwilling to get up. It seems we both had a rather hypotensive condition. Nothing serious resulted, but one needs to knows about foods that might interact with MAOI drugs. Three hits - a tiny pinch - is sufficient for me, and probably won't catalyze a dangerous situation. I've never tried brewing a tea but it would seem to require more herb.

OfflineMarkostheGnostic
Elder
Male User Gallery

Re: Am I the Only One Who Uses Passion Flower Instead of Cannabis? [Re: Anonymous]
    #3821048 - 02/23/05 05:54 AM (19 years, 1 month ago)

The caterpillars ate my out of existence. The flowers are very exotic and beautiful. Whole Foods stores carries it.

Anonymous

#3821055 - 02/23/05 05:59 AM (19 years, 1 month ago)

Quote:

And what parts do you smoke if you gather your own from the wild.

OfflinekronnyQ
SuperstudExtraordinaire
 User Gallery

Loc: Anytown USA
Re: Am I the Only One Who Uses Passion Flower Instead of Cannabis? [Re: Anonymous]
    #3821088 - 02/23/05 06:34 AM (19 years, 1 month ago)

Wow I had no idea the effects of PF were similar to that of cannabis.

I would definitely like to give it a try but I am currently on an SSRI
so I think thats a big NO. :thumbdown:

OfflineOrganic
Lloyd

Loc: Overlook
    #3821256 - 02/23/05 08:06 AM (19 years, 1 month ago)

I've been advocating this for a long while, I'm glad someone else knows whats up with the passionflower Markos. It grows everywhere wild here

--------------------

Offlinedelta9
Active Ingredient
Male

Loc: California
    #3821607 - 02/23/05 10:09 AM (19 years, 1 month ago)

Quote:

MarkostheGnostic said:
Passiflora Incarnata - Passion Flower - is 100% legal, costs about  $1.25 an ounce, doesn't cause memory loss or apathetic syndrome as far as I can tell, tastes like low-grade cannabis and only works if THC has been eliminated from its monopolistic place in your synapses - but really works.

Ammotivational Syndrome is a mostly unfounded myth.
Quote:

I toke as I type, and I have to tell you - if you're still free enough to quit cannabis for a few weeks and try something new, you'll laugh at how available, legal, and inexpensive this stuff is. It contains Harmine and Harmaline - once called Telepathine for its supposed ability to enhance mental telepathy. These are psychedelic substances.

Harmine and Harmaline are MAOIs, they enhance a lot of things :wink:

However, passionflower has so very little harmine and harmaline, it is not really useful as an MAOI, especially in comparison to Syrian Rue.  There is a clinically measureable MAOI effect in Passiflora, but in practical use it is beyond miniscule.

--------------------
delta9

Jump to top Pages: 1 | 2 | 3 | Next >  [ show all ]

Shop: PhytoExtractum Kratom Powder for Sale   Kraken Kratom Kratom Capsules for Sale   Original Sensible Seeds Autoflowering Cannabis Seeds   Left Coast Kratom Buy Kratom Capsules   North Spore North Spore Mushroom Grow Kits & Cultivation Supplies   Bridgetown Botanicals Bridgetown Botanicals