Home | Community | Message Board

Vaposhop
Please support our sponsors.

Mushrooms, Mycology and Psychedelics >> Mushroom Cultivation

Welcome to the Shroomery Message Board! You are experiencing a small sample of what the site has to offer. Please login or register to post messages and view our exclusive members-only content. You'll gain access to additional forums, file attachments, board customizations, encrypted private messages, and much more!

Amazon Shop for: ½ Pint Jars, Brown Rice Flour, Peat, Rye Grain, Ultrasonic Humidifier, Vermiculite

Jump to first unread post. Pages: 1
OfflineSpoogy
Stranger
Tha next step......
    #381948 - 08/30/01 05:51 AM (15 years, 3 months ago)

Hey all! After spending hours on this site and 3 weeks waiting....my 12 half pint jars are ready for the next step. I'm going to be doing the following, and I have a few questions that maybe some of you could help me with:

1) Building a nice terrarium with several styrafoam coolers, some kind of inside light and a humidifier
2) Birthing 8 of my cakes and casing them
3) Using 4 cakes a la the mmgg, I want to break them up and transplant them into 12 rye quart jars for a bigger yeild

Now, I've read how to steralize rye and it looks easy enuff, not to mention that I have a really nice clean work area, but I do have the folling quesitons:
1) Can I mix my ground/broken up colonized brown rice cakes and combine them with rye and have no problems?
2) Can I use a ratio of 1 half pint to 3 quart jars when going for the bulk rye substrate and be successful? Is there a better ratio I could use to gain optimum growing time/less contams without wasting any of the half pint jars?
3) Which casing technique should I check out so that I can combine all 8 of my jars into one tray to maximize space in my closet? Can I combine 8 jars (all from the same syringe) and not have any problems?
4) I want to have artifical light inside of my closet set on a timer. Which light can I use (brand, model, etc) that would best recreate sunlight suited for optimal growth?

Thank you in advance to anyone that responds....I plan on using everything I've learned from this community to help others as soon as I get on my feet. THANKS!!

Edited by Spoogy on 08/30/01 05:04 AM.

Post Extras: Print Post  Remind Me! Notify Moderator
Anonymous

Re: Tha next step...... [Re: Spoogy]
    #381957 - 08/30/01 06:36 AM (15 years, 3 months ago)

Post Deleted a la Obscurity

Invisibleisis
addict
Re: Tha next step...... [Re: ]
    #381962 - 08/30/01 07:10 AM (15 years, 3 months ago)

I don't think mixing your cakes with rye now is a good idea. Rye is touchy. How would you break up your cakes,mix them with the rye and remain completely sterile?If this is your first time and you want to create a casing ,I would just crumble and case them.If you ever want to work with rye,its better to start with rye as the spawn or some other seed that's shakable. You can then use your clean master spawn to spawn more grain.Do a grain to grain transfer.
Technically what you want to do could be done,but you would need to really get into advance stuff.It would all have to be done in steile jars etc. For your first attempt keep it simple.Crumble and case your jars. You'll be pleased.Even more simple would be to fruit them as cakes. I 've never done great with cakes. So,I crumble and case with 50/50 mix of peat moss and vermiculite or jiffy mix. You can also use just plain vermiculite.Read casing for dummies.

Jump to top. Pages: 1

Amazon Shop for: ½ Pint Jars, Brown Rice Flour, Peat, Rye Grain, Ultrasonic Humidifier, Vermiculite

Mushrooms, Mycology and Psychedelics >> Mushroom Cultivation