Home | Community | Message Board

Myco Supply
Please support our sponsors.

Mushrooms, Mycology and Psychedelics >> Mushroom Cultivation

Welcome to the Shroomery Message Board! You are experiencing a small sample of what the site has to offer. Please login or register to post messages and view our exclusive members-only content. You'll gain access to additional forums, file attachments, board customizations, encrypted private messages, and much more!

Amazon Shop for: ½ Pint Jars, Brown Rice Flour, Rye Grain, Wild Bird Seed

Jump to first unread post. Pages: 1
OfflineFungi_x
Original Shroomer
Male User Gallery
Folding@home Statistics
Loc: Michigan Flag
A Few Questions
    #3818030 - 02/22/05 07:17 PM (11 years, 9 months ago)

I'm really getting sick of WBS and its inconsistency in cook times. I have been looking for a replacement for a long time and still am. I have tried to buy a 50lb bag of Organic Rye from the local health food store but the stupid fucking hippie asshole faggot motherfucking cunts ordered a bag of millet and then acted like it was my fault :cussing: Well I was nice and was going to just take the bag of millet but they were yelling so loud I couldn't get a word in (I was not going to act like a animal and start raising my voice like they were) he ended up telling my to get out, So I said to have a nice day assholes and walked out. Well I was then assaulted by the owner outside the store :mad2: :mad2: :mad2: :mad2: :mad2: :mad2: :mad2:

So I'm not getting Rye anytime soon. :crying: (And no I'm not ordering it online unless shipping is Free :smirk:)

So first question,
First of all what are the Pro's and Cons of popcorn? I'm guessing one Pro is uniform size, i can't think of any cons except maybe the price in some areas. I looked at it the other day in a bulk food supply store and i can get it at a good price so no prob there.

I should also say I'm only using this as spawn to bulk poo or straw.

Next question, I have been using straw and poo as bulk, What would change if i just started using poo only? Straw is teh gay to pasteurize.

--------------------

HAPPY FUCKING HOLIDAYS!

Post Extras: Print Post  Remind Me! Notify Moderator
Offlinelordoftheshroomz
recoveringaddict
 User Gallery

Loc: wouldn't you like to kno ...
Re: A Few Questions [Re: Fungi_x]
    #3818118 - 02/22/05 07:29 PM (11 years, 9 months ago)

try popcorn i heard its a really good substrate for its good shaking and fast colonizing

--------------------
MY Glove Box, Automated Terrarium, and Incubator
Lil' Wyte, Three Six Mafia, Project Pat will bring it to ya door if theres ana on ya chest.
THE PATRIOT ACT MAY BE THE DOOM OF US ALL! THEY CAN GET THINGS LIKE YOUR MEDICAL/LEGAL RECORDS, YOUR INTERNET HISTORY, YOUR GOOGLE SEARCH INFORMATION, ALL WITHOUT PROBABLE CAUSE OR A WARRANT! ALSO NO ONE CAN LEGALLY TELL YOU. YOU'LL NEVER KNOW UNTIL IT'S TOO LATE, THIS ISN'T EXACTLY A FREE COUNTRY ANYMORE NOW IS IT? THEY ARE DESTROYING THIS COUNTRY SO THEY CAN GET RICHER! THE WAR IN IRAQ ACCOMPLISHED NOTHING! HELP GET THE CONSERVATIVE RIGHT WING-NUTS OUT OF POWER, MAKE AN EDUCATED VOTE!

Offlinelordoftheshroomz
recoveringaddict
 User Gallery

Loc: wouldn't you like to kno ...
Re: A Few Questions [Re: lordoftheshroomz]
    #3818132 - 02/22/05 07:32 PM (11 years, 9 months ago)

oh yea and also i jus picked up 2 bags of popcorn at walmart today for 77 cents a piece

--------------------
MY Glove Box, Automated Terrarium, and Incubator
Lil' Wyte, Three Six Mafia, Project Pat will bring it to ya door if theres ana on ya chest.
THE PATRIOT ACT MAY BE THE DOOM OF US ALL! THEY CAN GET THINGS LIKE YOUR MEDICAL/LEGAL RECORDS, YOUR INTERNET HISTORY, YOUR GOOGLE SEARCH INFORMATION, ALL WITHOUT PROBABLE CAUSE OR A WARRANT! ALSO NO ONE CAN LEGALLY TELL YOU. YOU'LL NEVER KNOW UNTIL IT'S TOO LATE, THIS ISN'T EXACTLY A FREE COUNTRY ANYMORE NOW IS IT? THEY ARE DESTROYING THIS COUNTRY SO THEY CAN GET RICHER! THE WAR IN IRAQ ACCOMPLISHED NOTHING! HELP GET THE CONSERVATIVE RIGHT WING-NUTS OUT OF POWER, MAKE AN EDUCATED VOTE!

Invisiblepinkfloydms
!!!!!
Male

Loc: City of Dreams
    #3818159 - 02/22/05 07:36 PM (11 years, 9 months ago)

If you just used poo wouldn't it be harder for the myc to grow through it, since there are no passage ways that the straw makes?

--------------------
Muppet Said:

so yeah:
- 'sex' five times
- once with a man
- once with a cadaver
- and thrice with actual women(all of which were prostitutes)
Best story ever!

www.panicstream.com :thumbup:

Offlinespliffmasta
Fuzzy thumb
Loc: Casing layer of hell
    #3818164 - 02/22/05 07:37 PM (11 years, 9 months ago)

Popcorn owns as spawn!

Pros:
1) Easily shakable.
2) Very clean to work with.
3) Breaks up for spawn very nicely.
4) Colonizes very quickly.

Cons:
First, I've never had a popcorn jar fail. But, from my experience spores take a little quicker to germinate on popcorn. On liquid culture they took off amazingly!

Advice for popcorn:
1) Soak for 24 full hours and simmer for 45 minutes. The popcorn takes a while to absorb water through its hard kernel. The popcorn should swell significantly.
2) Avoid the temptation to shake too much. The popcorn is great for shaking, but shaking does more harm than good if done too much. Shake the popcorn ONCE at about 15-25%.

This is just from my experimenting WBS, rye, BRF, and popcorn.

Good luck to ya.

Jump to top. Pages: 1

Amazon Shop for: ½ Pint Jars, Brown Rice Flour, Rye Grain, Wild Bird Seed

Mushrooms, Mycology and Psychedelics >> Mushroom Cultivation