Home | Community | Message Board

This site includes paid links. Please support our sponsors.

Welcome to the Shroomery Message Board! You are experiencing a small sample of what the site has to offer. Please login or register to post messages and view our exclusive members-only content. You'll gain access to additional forums, file attachments, board customizations, encrypted private messages, and much more!

Shop: Original Sensible Seeds Autoflowering Cannabis Seeds   Myyco.com Golden Teacher Liquid Culture For Sale   North Spore Cultivation Supplies   Left Coast Kratom Buy Kratom Extract   Unfolding Nature Unfolding Nature: Being in the Implicate Order   PhytoExtractum Kratom Powder for Sale

Jump to first unread post Pages: 1 | 2 | Next >  [ show all ]
Some of these posts are very old and might contain outdated information. You may wish to search for newer posts instead.
Invisibleflowstone
blustering

Loc: precious
DMT
    #3717158 - 02/02/05 01:07 AM (19 years, 1 month ago)

I am really interested in the DMT experience. Getting crystal DMT or doing the extraction myself is out of the question.

What I am wondering is, what is the best way( not requiring the chemical process of extracting DMT from any medium) to take DMT..

I've heard a lot of about the jungle vine( ashuyha SP :evil:) and I think that is DMT?

What other methods are possible? I would like to even grow the plants needed.. And brew it or whatever way needed to get DMT.. and hopefully have a product without negative side effects..Because, from what I hear, smoking DMT extracted real crystals has no side effects except perhaps loosing control of reality for a while( not long compared to mushrooms:mushroom2:)... And from what I hear, other DMT options such as Yoppo snuff or the jungle vine and rue offer negative side effects such as nausea and sickness.:puke:
Is there even such a thing as brew-able, extractable form of DMT that would produce a sickness free full out DMT trip without requiring snuff or smoke?
Also, is DMT even that desirable:confused:?? I want to try every drug I can at least once(except ice and heroin, sorry to discriminate :evil:) and DMT is up there on my curiosity list.

If you know of anything or would like to point out a fallacy with what I said, please do so cause I don't know much about it :smirk: :stoned:

--------------------
these long agonizing months without you...have been long and agonizing..
"War Doesn't Decide Who's Right... It Only Decides Who's Left."

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Offlinefelixhigh
Scientist
Male User Gallery

Loc: Ly
Re: DMT [Re: flowstone]
    #3717206 - 02/02/05 01:25 AM (19 years, 1 month ago)

you won't find the crystals in the suburbs...
oral dmt (ayahuasca, jurema) = vomit, long lasting, religious trip;
smoked dmt crystals = ultra intense short lasting trip, more of an alien abduction than a religious experience;

the experiences are very different, in yopo snuffs the dmt plays a minor role as an active compound.
the ayahuasca/jurema brews are something more serious, it's the deepest (IMO) experience...
do you think you are ready? :wink:

FH

OfflineCptnGarden
fuck this site
Re: DMT [Re: felixhigh]
    #3717401 - 02/02/05 02:18 AM (19 years, 1 month ago)

Edited by ShroomieOfDoomie (09/30/06 01:16 PM)

Offlinegnrm23
Carpal Tunnel
Loc: n. e. OH, USSA
Re: DMT/info/sites [Re: CptnGarden]
    #3719045 - 02/02/05 12:53 PM (19 years, 1 month ago)

--------------------
old enough to know better
not old enough to care

OfflineBorgFace
PEENTASTIC
Loc: Australia
    #3719450 - 02/02/05 02:25 PM (19 years, 1 month ago)

The DMT containing constituent of ayahuasca is the leaf of Psychotria viridis. The vine is Banisteriopsis caapi, which contains beta-carbolines/harmaline and act's as a MAOI.

Also, don't be doing DMT to "knock" it off your list.

Curiosity is as good enough reason as any, but don't be of the school of thought that you have to do drugs just so you can say you've done them.

http://deoxy.org/mckenna.htm

This is a good site that gives a brief outline of DMT and the psychical ramifications of its use.

--------------------
Give me an ounce of civet, good apothecary, to sweeten my imagination!

InvisibleHelp on the Way
Slipknot420

Loc: Another World
    #3722189 - 02/02/05 10:29 PM (19 years, 1 month ago)

dmt is definitely the coolest thing i have experienced in my life

--------------------
:shocked: *Divine Moments of Truth* :shocked:

"Limitless undying love which shines around me like a million suns - it calls me on and on across the universe" ~ John Lennon

"Once in a while you get shown the light in the strangest of places if you look at it right" ~The Grateful Dead

"Religionists, with their guaranteed eventual paradise, of which they know nothing, taking it all on 'faith,' can't be expected to understand or sympathize with those with a yen to storm the Gate of Heaven and see for themselves what all the praying's about!" ~Robert Hunter

Offlinekadakuda
The Great"Green".......East
 User Gallery

Loc: Asia
Re: DMT [Re: Help on the Way]
    #3722342 - 02/02/05 10:47 PM (19 years, 1 month ago)

yopo man.  theres somthing in tehre that i havnt quite tapped yet.  its liek teh light behind the door that you cannot open....for me it is anyway.  snots the shits though :frown:

--------------------
The seeds you won't sow are the plants you dont grow.

Offlineskullfarmer1979
shamanator
Loc: Bum Fuck, Egypt
Re: DMT [Re: Help on the Way]
    #3725746 - 02/03/05 05:13 PM (19 years, 1 month ago)

i agree with slip420, nothing comes close to the power of DMT.4 big hits and you realize reality is fake .yopo was a stepping stone for me ,but like you said,the drip is killer.
im not sure why you dont extract(live at home)? im sure you got your reasons but you might want to look into it.at least buy a couple oz's of MHRB for the future.looks like the dea has it in their crosshairs.

--------------------
I TASTE THE WREAKAGE OF CRUMBLING FACES,I KNOW THE PALE THING IN THE DARKEST OF PLACES. -DAX RIGGS-

get the most out of life,listen to ACID BATH!!!!

Invisibledblaney
Human Being

Loc: Here & Now
Re: DMT [Re: skullfarmer1979]
    #3726302 - 02/03/05 06:45 PM (19 years, 1 month ago)

Quote:

skullfarmer1979 said:
looks like the dea has it in their crosshairs.

They do?

--------------------
"What is in us that turns a deaf ear to the cries of human suffering?"

"Belief is a beautiful armor
But makes for the heaviest sword"
- John Mayer

Making the noise "penicillin" is no substitute for actually taking penicillin.

"This country, with its institutions, belongs to the people who inhabit it. Whenever they shall grow weary of the existing government, they can exercise their constitutional right of amending it, or their revolutionary right to dismember or overthrow it." -Abraham Lincoln

Invisiblephalloidin

Re: DMT [Re: dblaney]
    #3727506 - 02/03/05 09:47 PM (19 years, 1 month ago)

Offlinemalabar
Stranger
Loc: in your sisters pants
Re: DMT [Re: phalloidin]
    #3762132 - 02/10/05 01:53 PM (19 years, 1 month ago)

dude, it is pretty expensive, about $275 or so, but you can always buy a bufo toad from bouncing bear botanicals. The toad is a bitch to milk, but 5MEO-DMT and Bufotonin are a mind opener. Be careful though, you should actually count the granuals of DMT before you smoke it. A millagram is all you will need. And go into the trip with the right mind set. DMT is something that desirves an extreme amount of respect. I'm fucked up, I hope that makes sense. Oh, and smoking the Bofu venom is safe, the fire breaks down the harmful chemicals.

OfflineBorgFace
PEENTASTIC
Re: DMT [Re: malabar]
    #3762660 - 02/10/05 03:46 PM (19 years, 1 month ago)

He isn't talking about 5-MeO-DMT malabar...

Oh and by the way, smoking toad venom is NOT safe.

http://sulcus.berkeley.edu/mcb/165_001/papers/manuscripts/_515.html

Quote:

There are usually three general toxic effects associated with toad venoms (WWW2). The first is the effect on the cardiovascular system due to the bufodienolides in the venom. The second are the pressor effects that might be associated with certain catecholamines in the venom such as ephinephrine and/or norephinephrine. These can cause increased heart rates and/or increased blood pressure. The third effect of toad venoms (due to the 5-MeO-DMT in Bufo alvarius venom only) is to cause hallucinations and/or be psychoactive. This can only be experienced when the smoke from its venom is inhaled (Davis & Weil, 1992). This section focuses on the general physiological effects of the venom on different systems in animals and humans if the venom is ingested, touched, or exposed to mucus membranes. If the venom is exposed to the eyes or nose, pain and irritation of the mucus membranes will result (WWW2). If the venom is swallowed, the venom may also cause local anesthesia of the tissues in the throat as well as the oral mucosa (WWW2). This can lead to numbness. Ingested venom may also cause dyspnea, which is difficulty or labored breathing (Dorland?s med. dict., 1994). Reported neurological effects include paralysis, seizures, blurred vision, and dizziness (WWW2; Chi et al, 1998). It can also cause increased salivation and vomiting. Topical exposure to toad venoms can also lead to decreased perspiration in humans. Other effects such as fevers were also reported. The general effects of the venom on the cardiovascular system in humans and animals may include ventricular fibrillation and vasoconstriction (WWW2; Lim et al, 1997). More detail about the physiological effects of the venom on the cardiovascular system will be examined in the next section, because these symptoms are usually the most prominent with toad venom poisoning (WWW2, sec 5.2A).

--------------------

InvisibleMagickow
Stranger
Female
Re: DMT *DELETED* [Re: BorgFace]
    #3762883 - 02/10/05 04:32 PM (19 years, 1 month ago)

Post deleted by Magickow

Reason for deletion: .

OfflineBorgFace
PEENTASTIC
Re: DMT [Re: Magickow]
    #3762929 - 02/10/05 04:40 PM (19 years, 1 month ago)

Yeah it is, but so long as you exercise caution and know what you're doing then it's perfectly ok to use. I just didn't want people to get the impression that it's safe to go smoking bufo. I've read reports of people's throats closing up and being unable to breath until medical assistance arrived and stuff like that, so yeah just be safe.

--------------------

InvisibleMagickow
Stranger
Female
Re: DMT *DELETED* *DELETED* [Re: BorgFace]
    #3763202 - 02/10/05 05:24 PM (19 years, 1 month ago)

Post deleted by Magickow

Reason for deletion: .

OfflineBloodNOil
Captain Zeep
 User Gallery
    #3814111 - 02/21/05 09:56 PM (19 years, 1 month ago)

Quote:

malabar said:
dude, it is pretty expensive, about $275 or so, but you can always buy a bufo toad from bouncing bear botanicals. The toad is a bitch to milk, but 5MEO-DMT and Bufotonin are a mind opener. Be careful though, you should actually count the granuals of DMT before you smoke it. A millagram is all you will need. And go into the trip with the right mind set. DMT is something that desirves an extreme amount of respect. I'm fucked up, I hope that makes sense. Oh, and smoking the Bofu venom is safe, the fire breaks down the harmful chemicals.

I've heard conflicting things about DMT dosage, but a milligram doesn't seem quite right. Anyone interested in trying DMT should check their facts with a reliable source.

--------------------
It's like a koala bear crapped a rainbow in my brain!

Offlinetheocean06
Yeah, I've donefour already...

#3814127 - 02/21/05 10:01 PM (19 years, 1 month ago)

You will need more than a milligram for both N,N-DMT and 5-MeO-DMT. Also, I wouldn't buy the toad. A lot of people who buy them, just get them for the drug they unfortunately (for them) produce and don't care about the creature. Just use a plant source.

--------------------

The story of life is quicker then the blink of an eye, the story of love is hello, goodbye.            - Hendrix :bow:

Offlinetomas
half scientist,half monkey

Re: DMT [Re: Magickow]
    #3817404 - 02/22/05 03:11 PM (19 years, 1 month ago)

Quote:

lordlotus said:
lol i still remember the first time i smoked the venom i could not get any air into my lungs and i had a panic attack my heart was pounding a million miles an hour, but couldn't move do to the "paralyzing" effects of the venom. i really thought i was going to suffocate to death.

Yeah, I bet that's the bufotenine in the venom. Bufotenine (5-OH-DMT), is supposed to be psychedelic at doses close to the neurotoxic dose (according to Jonathan Ott and Shulgin). I tried it once and got only somatic effects: heart pounding very fast, horrible nausea (just the reflex, I didn't puke), couldn't breathe for 45 seconds and I thought I was going to soffocate to death. Horrible, and not psychedelic at all.

OfflineShroomNoob03
Seeker of Knowledge
Male
Loc: The Depths of My Psyche
Re: DMT [Re: tomas]
    #3822038 - 02/23/05 11:58 AM (19 years, 1 month ago)

Is there a way to extract the pure DMT from the venom/other harmful substances?

Thanks,
SN03

--------------------
In science it often happens that scientists say, 'You know that's a really good argument; my position is mistaken,' and then they would actually change their minds and you never hear that old view from them again. They really do it. It doesn't happen as often as it should, because scientists are human and change is sometimes painful. But it happens every day. I cannot recall the last time something like that happened in politics or religion.

-Carl Sagan

Offlinegnrm23
Carpal Tunnel
Loc: n. e. OH, USSA
Re: DMT [Re: ShroomNoob03]
    #3822427 - 02/23/05 01:25 PM (19 years, 1 month ago)

THERE IS NO DMT IN THE VENOM OF THE TOAD BUFO ALVARIUS!!!

no DMT in any toad or amphibian or sponge (as far as we know)

there are "substituted" indolic compounds (with the H- @ position4 or 5 or even 6 replaced with a MeO- or H0- or Br or other group replacing the li'l ol' hydrogen (proton)
4HO-DMT
5HO-DMT
5MeO-DMT
5Br-DMT

some of these are found in fungi, some in plants, some in animals...

but "usable" (i.e. extactable quantities) of DMT (n,n-DiMethylTryptamine) is prolly found in several plants...

(i suppose if one had an excellent laboratory, & access to a slaughterhouse (or morgue), one could either get brain parts (pineal gland, etc.) or just 100 liters of cerebro-spinal fluid & do an extraction/purification...
i think i'd rather work with tree roots, or seeds, or grass clippings, mmmmkay?)

~

oh, and a "decent" hit of chemicaly pure 5MeO-DMT (cohobine) & NOT 5OH-DMT (bufotenine) can certainly leave one feeling more than a little breathless
(---> go & read the 5meo-dmt entry in TIHKAL - nuthin' like stopping breathing a couple times after passing out on a gook puff o' 5md to scare the piss outa your tripmates, eh?)

~

& yes, there are ways to seperate the various chems in toadspit, or in treesap, or grassclippings, or whatever your source of potentially entheogenic tryptamines...

TLC (for IDing alkaloid mix & even for isolating samples of a few milligrams)
column chromatography
maybe stuff like repeated recrystallizations (with solvent mixes varying?)

just remember: simple possession of bufotenine is quite illegal in the usa; while 5meo-dmt is only illegal if you represent it (or use it) as a drug...

--------------------
old enough to know better
not old enough to care

Jump to top Pages: 1 | 2 | Next >  [ show all ]

Shop: Original Sensible Seeds Autoflowering Cannabis Seeds   Myyco.com Golden Teacher Liquid Culture For Sale   North Spore Cultivation Supplies   Left Coast Kratom Buy Kratom Extract   Unfolding Nature Unfolding Nature: Being in the Implicate Order   PhytoExtractum Kratom Powder for Sale