Home | Community | Message Board

This site includes paid links. Please support our sponsors.

Welcome to the Shroomery Message Board! You are experiencing a small sample of what the site has to offer. Please login or register to post messages and view our exclusive members-only content. You'll gain access to additional forums, file attachments, board customizations, encrypted private messages, and much more!

Shop: Original Sensible Seeds Autoflowering Cannabis Seeds   North Spore North Spore Mushroom Grow Kits & Cultivation Supplies   Kraken Kratom Red Vein Kratom   MagicBag.co Certified Organic All-In-One Grow Bags by Magic Bag   Unfolding Nature Unfolding Nature: Being in the Implicate Order   Left Coast Kratom Buy Kratom Extract

Jump to first unread post Pages: 1
Offlinegzus
Stranger
explanation for flashbacks?
    #3794020 - 02/17/05 03:41 PM (19 years, 1 month ago)

some friends and i had a shroom party about a month ago. we all took about an eighth each. a few weeks later i went swimming at the gym and later retired in the spa. after sitting in the spa for a good while i stepped out and after a few steps i blacked out and fainted.i regained consciousness almost instantly but when i woke i was at the peak level of a shroom trip. everything was blurring and disfigured. this lasted for only a few seconds and then i quickly snapped out of it. i forgot to mention that there was a fat session before i went swimming. the rest of the day i felt the "hang over" after tripping. about 2 weeks after this my friend(who was with me at the shroom party a month ago)was smoking a lot and then he said he started to trip out on shit. the room became very dark and he knew something was up. he lost balance and blacked out for a few seconds. he woke up and didnt know what was happening or where he was. he said he felt he was shrooming too and for the rest of that day he had the shroom hang over. my guess to all this is that it has something to do with over heating and dehydration. not sure. someone tell me why this is happening.

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
OfflineWiserGod
Stranger
Re: explanation for flashbacks? [Re: gzus]
    #3794073 - 02/17/05 03:51 PM (19 years, 1 month ago)

i haven't got a clue...i sometimes feel the mild effects of a drug when i haven't taken anything but i always put it down to the drug-toxins being stored up in fat and then when the fat breaks down it releases the toxin into your bloodstream. I've never had an experience like yours though and certainly not from mushrooms the only effects i've felt are similar to chemicals.

Invisiblekake
The answer to1984 is 1776.
Male User Gallery

Folding@home Statistics
Loc: The 66th harmonic
Re: explanation for flashbacks? [Re: WiserGod]
    #3794169 - 02/17/05 04:09 PM (19 years, 1 month ago)

could it be possible the feeling of fainting and shrooming are similar enough to make you convince yourself theres a connection?

I'm not saying you didn't have a flashback, but try standing up too fast and you'll probably feel like you're tripping for a second if you want yourself to believe that, or you could just feel light headed and accept it for what it probably is.

good luck finding an answer, don't let placebo play games with you tho :wink:

--------------------
The answer to 1984 is 1776.

InvisibleHeavyToilet
The Heaviest OfThem All
Male

Loc: British Columbia
    #3794349 - 02/17/05 04:44 PM (19 years, 1 month ago)

Those aren't what would really be considered to be 'flashbacks'.

Flashbacks are caused from traumatic experiences. If you have a traumatic experience from taking psychedelics, it's the same thing as having a traumatic experience in a war.

So unless you guys had intensely bad experiences, those were not real flashbacks.

OfflineQuantumMeltdown
Space Monkey
Male User Gallery

Folding@home Statistics
Loc: Ft. Lauderdale, FL
Re: explanation for flashbacks? [Re: HeavyToilet]
    #3794706 - 02/17/05 05:52 PM (19 years, 1 month ago)

Yeah. What HeavyToilet is referring too is Post Traumatic Stress Disorder or PTSD as an acronym. Many people chalk up agent orange to PTSD. Although I have had insanely bad acid trips if you could call them that more of learning experiences in my view I have never yet had any real bad PTSD episodes. I did however freak out one night when I was trying to go to bed and I thought the rapture had happened or some shit and was scared shit less for about ten minutes then realized everything was cool and went back to bed but I chalk that one up to a recent first time DMT trip that kind of freaked me out too because I don't feel I was ready for it.

--------------------
-QuantumMeltdown

Total abstinence is so excellent a thing that it cannot be carried to too great an extent. In my passion for it I even carry it so far as to totally abstain from total abstinence itself.
  -Mark Twain

"The time has come the walrus said, little oysters  hide their heads, my Twain of thought is loosely bound I guess its time to Mark this down, Be good and you will be lonesome
Be lonesome and you will be free
Live a lie and you will live to regret it
That's what livin' is to me
That's what livin' is to me"
Jimmy Buffett

Offlinegzus
Stranger
    #3817392 - 02/22/05 03:08 PM (19 years, 1 month ago)

no one really gave me an answer to my question.

InvisibleFreeker
jackaroe
Male User Gallery
Loc: buffalo
    #3817438 - 02/22/05 03:16 PM (19 years, 1 month ago)

Well what do you expect gzus. You give us a very vague explanation while we try to peice it together. And they did give u answers to your question, although Heavytoilet contradicted your question.

OfflineThe_Hobbit
Bilbo Baggins
 User Gallery

Loc: The Shire
Re: explanation for flashbacks? [Re: Freeker]
    #3818787 - 02/22/05 07:24 PM (19 years, 1 month ago)

Maybe you blacked out because you were dehydrated. I wouldn't suggest doing strenuous aerobic exercise and going into a spa, both of which require you to be well hydrated and get lots of oxygen, after smoking, which dehydrates you and decreases your ability to get oxygen. It's probably not healthy for your heart/lungs/body in general.

Quote:

You see, when your heart rate increases, it's because there's something wrong with your body that your heart is trying to compensate for (lack of oxygen). In the case of smoking weed, it tends to be that the smoke itself coated in the lungs causes a slight decrease in the ability of your lungs to diffuse in oxygen. So in order to make up for it, your heart beats faster to increase the flow of blood coming in and out of the lungs, in an attempt to maintain your blood oxygen saturation.

THIS IS NOT HEALTHY because it increases blood pressure and causes extra stress on cardiovascular muscles around your heart, lungs, and most of your capillary extremities.

You can't be sure that you saw shit after waking up because of the shrooms. It's not hard for me to imagine that stressing your body out like that could make you get dizzy and distort your vision for a few seconds.

--------------------
Smoking my hobbit leaf...
Please keep in mind that I am just a human being. Please read my posts carefully and interpret their meaning for yourself.

OfflineThe_Red_Crayon
Exposer of Truth
Male User Gallery

Loc: Smokey Mtns. TN Flag
    #3819060 - 02/22/05 08:21 PM (19 years, 1 month ago)

Flashbacks are a classic example of post-traumatic stress. A flashback can be caused by reliving a particular traumatic moment. I get flashbacks everytime i hear the song bouree from Jethro Tull.

InvisibleSociety
Mmmm... pizza
 User Gallery

Loc: Flag
Re: explanation for flashbacks? [Re: The_Red_Crayon]
    #3819115 - 02/22/05 08:33 PM (19 years, 1 month ago)

Yes, the basic explanation for flashbacks is that it's when certain emotions are triggered from a past era of extreme emotion. Psychadelic trips, family deaths, seeing someone get decapitated by a chainsaw, et cetera are all legit means of creating a period of extreme emotions which can lead to flashbacks later on.

Flashbacks do not involve spinal fluids of LSD being in your body forever.

--------------------
Delicious Pizza

Jump to top Pages: 1

Shop: Original Sensible Seeds Autoflowering Cannabis Seeds   North Spore North Spore Mushroom Grow Kits & Cultivation Supplies   Kraken Kratom Red Vein Kratom   MagicBag.co Certified Organic All-In-One Grow Bags by Magic Bag   Unfolding Nature Unfolding Nature: Being in the Implicate Order   Left Coast Kratom Buy Kratom Extract