Home | Community | Message Board

Out-Grow.com - Mushroom Growing Kits & Supplies
This site includes paid links. Please support our sponsors.

Welcome to the Shroomery Message Board! You are experiencing a small sample of what the site has to offer. Please login or register to post messages and view our exclusive members-only content. You'll gain access to additional forums, file attachments, board customizations, encrypted private messages, and much more!

Shop: Original Sensible Seeds Bulk Cannabis Seeds   Left Coast Kratom Buy Kratom Extract   Unfolding Nature Unfolding Nature: Being in the Implicate Order   North Spore North Spore Mushroom Grow Kits & Cultivation Supplies   MagicBag.co Certified Organic All-In-One Grow Bags by Magic Bag

Jump to first unread post Pages: 1
Some of these posts are very old and might contain outdated information. You may wish to search for newer posts instead.
InvisibleMACDADDY
juggalo style

Colonizing outdoors...a question...
    #3798539 - 02/18/05 01:10 PM (19 years, 1 month ago)

Would it be possible to inoculate some quart birdseed jars and leave them sit outside once the weather is ideal outdoors? I would probably cover them up with leaves and have some branches holding the leaves down until they are ready to be spawned.

-mac

--------------------
Do or do not, there is no try. -Yoda

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
OfflineMycelium5150
Check theDate!!!!
Re: Colonizing outdoors...a question... [Re: MACDADDY]
    #3798553 - 02/18/05 01:13 PM (19 years, 1 month ago)

whats quart birdseed?

--------------------
Mad skills, you know this!!!

I am here to Myth Bust

Offlinedjsage420
aka DJQBNSIS
 User Gallery

Loc: Panhandle
    #3798556 - 02/18/05 01:14 PM (19 years, 1 month ago)

Hmmm never tried that before you will want to wrap jars in foil so light doesnt reach them, give it a shot I would love to hear how it works!

--------------------
If you put your head to the grass, you can hear it growing

OfflineIGnosticAbhorI
Stranger-er

Re: Colonizing outdoors...a question... [Re: djsage420]
    #3798568 - 02/18/05 01:16 PM (19 years, 1 month ago)

Yea...just need to cover it well or with plastic, i've seen it in outdoor grow logs, you should ck them out, they're pretty rad. And you could just knock up jars, and then use those and then follow someone's successful outdoor grow, ima do the same some time soon hopefully, well Gl

-Gnostic

InvisibleMACDADDY
juggalo style

Re: Colonizing outdoors...a question... [Re: IGnosticAbhorI]
    #3807586 - 02/20/05 04:39 PM (19 years, 1 month ago)

"knock up jars, use those, and then follow someone's successful outdoor grow??"
meaning, you'll grow your shrooms, and then take some other dudes along your way? lololol.

quart birdseed jars = 1 quart of birdseed in 1 quart sized jar.

i'm gonna let my mycelium colonize outdoor style this spring and summer. let ya'all know how the grow goes maybe, ya know?
oh...peace.

--------------------

OfflineMycelium5150
Check theDate!!!!
    #3807614 - 02/20/05 04:47 PM (19 years, 1 month ago)

if you dont have a place to colonize jars how are you going to find a place to fruit them

--------------------
Mad skills, you know this!!!

I am here to Myth Bust

InvisibleMushroom_Mike
AGAPE LOVE

Loc: Australia
Re: Colonizing outdoors...a question... [Re: Mycelium5150]
    #3808366 - 02/20/05 07:52 PM (19 years, 30 days ago)

he just isnt going to let his jars colonize indoors, and instead is going to do them guerilla style out in the woods or something and was wondering if that would work or if there would be problems doing this...apparently he wants this grow to be stealth as possible, he's probably too paranoid to do them indoor, but wants shrooms.

its OUTDOOR, what do u mean how is he gonna find a place to fruit them? he never said he didnt have a place, just wondering how they will do outside.

MAC, you definitely need to wrap in foil and also make sure you do put leaves or something airy over the air exchange filter, so light doesnt get through that way. know what im sayin? The only problem i see with this, is the outdoors temps will fluctuate and will not be constant like an incubator would be indoors. if you can, talk to a homie or something and do them at his place if you cant at yours for some reason.

--------------------

always remember.... to respect the fungus!:awesomenod::inlove3:

InvisibleMACDADDY
juggalo style

Re: Colonizing outdoors...a question... [Re: Mushroom_Mike]
    #3817333 - 02/22/05 02:50 PM (19 years, 29 days ago)

You are right Mushroom Mike. :wink: I'll be sure to leave them in tin foil and out of the light with leaves covering them up.  I plan on using tyvek filters because I used Polyfil last time and didn't really care for it.... cuz my shit contammed.  It will just take a little longer for the jars to colonize since I'm not doing this with an incubator.. I just figured mother nature can do it just as well... sometimes it'll get a little hotter than 86 degrees in the summer too.  These will be in the shade anyways... I'll git r dun..  Thanks all.  Peace.

--------------------

Jump to top Pages: 1

Shop: Original Sensible Seeds Bulk Cannabis Seeds   Left Coast Kratom Buy Kratom Extract   Unfolding Nature Unfolding Nature: Being in the Implicate Order   North Spore North Spore Mushroom Grow Kits & Cultivation Supplies   MagicBag.co Certified Organic All-In-One Grow Bags by Magic Bag