Home | Community | Message Board

Out-Grow.com - Mushroom Growing Kits & Supplies
Please support our sponsors.

General Interest >> Philosophy, Sociology & Psychology

Welcome to the Shroomery Message Board! You are experiencing a small sample of what the site has to offer. Please login or register to post messages and view our exclusive members-only content. You'll gain access to additional forums, file attachments, board customizations, encrypted private messages, and much more!

Jump to first unread post. Pages: 1
Invisiblegettinjiggywithit
jiggy
Female User Gallery

Loc: Heart of Laughter
Margaritaville - an inspired bit!
    #3816774 - 02/22/05 02:22 PM (12 years, 3 months ago)

I'm reading around here, thinking thoughts. 

I was thinking about spirit being the unmanifest void of potential which can only be experienced and realized through self creation.

I was thinking about an article I read a few days back on human life never having been meant to be about the goals and destinations but rather about the creative experiences themselves that bring us to them.

How often do we finally achieve a goal or "get there" and then soon, set another goal and conceive of another place to be. It would seem we are wired for the creative experience itself, not the contentment of being there already.

I wonder, if spirit is there already and content as an unmanifest potential why did all of this happen?

I twist and turn to see the reason for why anyone wants to experience the void state as an ultimate goal and final destination, or place to return too. Is that a goal that spawns just another type of creative experience or effort of sorts to get there? Spiritual discipline is an effort for many and getting there a creative experience weather they realize it or not.

Consider the monk who spends his life in a cave. He desires nothing and gains nothing but the experience of being desireless and free from suffering the loss or unattainment of desires.

He took the gift of life and the opportunity to create potentials and squandered off to a cave with it and left himself to sit and slowly die, only to be reborn into nothing. If you have no suffering figured out, then what is to loose by becoming creative with potential?

If the experience of creating itself is the object, there is never a thing to loose and no reason to experience suffering. Its when destinations and creations are the object of desire that we have something to loose and open ourselves up to suffering the loss of them.

Creating is something we do to get to places, but that in itself is a place to be. You are breathing with no desire to do so, it just is, taken care of for you, same with every moment being a creative one, the desire already fulfilled and cared for canceling out any reason to be in desire of it because you already have it and always have had it, the moment at hand of your creation.

I already thought of how one can loose creative inspiration and experience suffering in that, like having writers block. Bare in mind, in such cases, there is a goal to have something written, something created, a place to get too of being finished. That is the cause of the suffering of the writers block, not the lack of having anything to write. The suffering comes from not being there.

That's what the now stuff is about from a different perspective. Does anyone consider that they are creating the writers block and that itself is a creative experience? Aha. Does anyone consider that the monk in the cave is creating stillness and that is a creative experience? Aha

The bottom line is we are always creating something, even if it's a circumstance for creating nothing. We can't escape being in a creative now moment if we tried. Ahahahahahaha. Not doing is doing something, even if its doing nothing, that's something. Just realizing this is a freedom from suffering delusions of being at a creative loss. So, no matter what, once you give up on life being about the creations and destinations themselves, you are free from suffering any loss, free to just be creating something or nothing and experiencing what unmanifest potential in motion feels like.

I was watching a 60 minute special last night on the life of Jimmy Buffet. WOW! What a happy man, his face so bright, eyes lit up and smiling in a place of great relaxation and ease. He is loved and appreciated by millions, healthy and wealthy anyway you look at his life.

He said two things that caught my attention.

The first was, "I don't bother really in the office with details, I am too busy being out there grabbing the magic"

The second was, "I think we make it up as we go along........at least......I do!" Then he laughed some more.

He also talked about how he never expected anything much to come from anything he did and how it didn't matter, he would be doing what he does anyway. He impressed me as one , who if he lost it all tomorrow, (makes $80 million in a touring year alone) would be just as joyful and content sitting on a beach in margaritaville looking for his lost shaker of salt.

The man in the cave is creating the experience of quiet and stillness removed from all desire and suffering. Jimmy Buffet is creating himself and his life continually moving into and out of experiences and more joy and ease and contentment.

Having nothing is an experience of having nothing , which is something. So you see, you may think you have nothing and feel loss and suffering, but to realize the nothing is something, as unmanifest potential is something to have. You are never at a loss. Suffering made obsolete! :wink:

Everyone is getting what they came here for weather they realize it or not. We are getting the experience of self creating. Even if you create nothing of yourself, you are creating something of yourself, nothing. Try as you may, you can't loose at this game.

Even if you loose it all and have nothing, you have something, the nothing of unmanifest potential. You can't loose that if you tried to and he nothing is everything in unmanifest potential. There is no loosing everything here, only winning the game of creating experiences and having it all in unmanifest potential even when we have nothing.

Do you feel the wealth now or at least, see the potential when you figure this out. You are a creator creating your self to be or not to be, to do or not to do, to have or not to have, it does not matter, but that you are creating something from nothing even if its the experience of being, doing or having nothing which is something of a creative experience.

With that said, I am off to go create something from nothing, a next experience and I can't loose at it. All I can do is gain something. Well fuck the mother load of mind fucks. Thars gold in them thar hills:tongue:

--------------------
Ahuwale ka nane huna.

Edited by gettinjiggywithit (02/22/05 03:28 PM)

Post Extras: Print Post  Remind Me! Notify Moderator
Jump to top. Pages: 1

General Interest >> Philosophy, Sociology & Psychology