Home | Community | Message Board

This site includes paid links. Please support our sponsors.

Welcome to the Shroomery Message Board! You are experiencing a small sample of what the site has to offer. Please login or register to post messages and view our exclusive members-only content. You'll gain access to additional forums, file attachments, board customizations, encrypted private messages, and much more!

Shop: Kraken Kratom Red Vein Kratom   North Spore Injection Grain Bag   Unfolding Nature Unfolding Nature: Being in the Implicate Order   PhytoExtractum Buy Bali Kratom Powder   MagicBag.co Certified Organic All-In-One Grow Bags by Magic Bag   Myyco.com Isolated Cubensis Liquid Culture For Sale

Jump to first unread post Pages: 1 | 2 | Next >  [ show all ]
OfflineKremlin
life in E minor
Male User Gallery

Loc: /export/home/Kremlin
A nice mind-blowing thought to ponder upon
    #381412 - 08/29/01 12:07 PM (22 years, 6 months ago)

Hey heres one thought that i am fascinated with right now.

You all remember the matrix, when neo "wakes up" and is in that giant powerhouse colony with all those people hooked up? Or you remember The Truman Show....how do we know that our lives arent like that...How do we know that everyone else in the world really exists, and that they arent some dillusion in our own minds....that opens up crazy possibilities and thoughts doesnt it? I spent like 2 hours talking about this at least on my last shroom journey, a little freaky at first, but really fascinating at the same time. That would mean that everything that we know in life is all just some kind of crazy dream..which then begs the question of what are we?
Hallucinogens make shit move and pulsate and drip....its like the reality that has been placed in front of our eyes is melting away and we get a glimpse at whats really going on behind the curtains.

Im guessin this has been discussed a million times, but i got the urge to type out what i was thinkin just now :).

--Kremlin

--------------------
"Human suffering has been caused because all too many of us cannot grasp that words are only tools for our use, and that the mere presence of a word in the dictionary does not mean it necessarily refers to something definitive in the real world"
--Richard Dawkins, "The Selfish Gene"

"It is the mind which creates the world about us, and even though we stand side by side in the same meadow, my eyes will never see what is beheld by yours."
-George Gissing

"Without a firm idea of himself and the purpose of his life, man cannot live, and would sooner destroy himself than remain on earth, even if he was surrounded by bread."
--Fyodor Dostoevsky

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
InvisibleRevelation

User Gallery

Loc: heart cave
Re: A nice mind-blowing thought to ponder upon [Re: Kremlin]
    #381430 - 08/29/01 12:50 PM (22 years, 6 months ago)

Yep, it's entirely possible that the world we see is just an illusion. After all the world you see is not necesserely the world i see.....in fact you could even be a figment of my imagination, or vice versa. One thing i am certain of is that there is more to the universe than any of us can comprehend with the 5 senses that we posses.

"Take me on a trip upon your magic swirlin' ship"

--------------------

OfflineKremlin
life in E minor
Male User Gallery

Re: A nice mind-blowing thought to ponder upon [Re: Revelation]
    #381580 - 08/29/01 04:35 PM (22 years, 6 months ago)

thats exactly what im talking about...everything could just be a figment of our imaginations...thats fucking crazy shit, hehe

--Kremlin

--------------------
"Human suffering has been caused because all too many of us cannot grasp that words are only tools for our use, and that the mere presence of a word in the dictionary does not mean it necessarily refers to something definitive in the real world"

"It is the mind which creates the world about us, and even though we stand side by side in the same meadow, my eyes will never see what is beheld by yours."
-George Gissing

"Without a firm idea of himself and the purpose of his life, man cannot live, and would sooner destroy himself than remain on earth, even if he was surrounded by bread."
--Fyodor Dostoevsky

InvisibletrendalM
J♠
Male User Gallery

Loc: Ontario, Canada
    #381650 - 08/29/01 06:07 PM (22 years, 6 months ago)

Watch the movie "The 13th Floor". It's crazy like what you're talking about.

-----------------------
"Our culture's defined by the ones least defined..." -- The Offspring

--------------------
Once, men turned their thinking over to machines in the hope that this would set them free.
But that only permitted other men with machines to enslave them.

OfflineTheMagicalMushi
Loc: Canada
    #381651 - 08/29/01 06:09 PM (22 years, 6 months ago)

That's messed. When I was younger I always thought that everyone I knew could have been robots, and I'm being tested or something like that. You guys aren't robots are you?

"The closest thing to a lemon around here is that lemon shaped rock... wait a minute, theres a lemon behind that rock!"
- Bart Simpson

--------------------
"The closest thing to a lemon around here is that lemon shaped rock... wait a minute, theres a lemon behind that rock!"
- Bart Simpson

OfflineMonkah
abreactionsynchronicity
Loc: location? i exist somwher...
    #381663 - 08/29/01 06:25 PM (22 years, 6 months ago)

"I would like to give you an example: Buddhism presents the idea that all the phenomena of human society are illusions (maya), and not solid. How can they be illusory? Those objects are so real and tangible. How can you say that they are false? In fact, the existing form of an object is different from its manifestations, but our eyes have the capacity to stabilize the object in our physical space into the state we have now seen. Actually, it is not in such a state, not even in this space of ours. For example, what does the human body look like under a microscope? You will find the whole body is made up of loose and moving molecules, which are like grains of sand, small and roundish, with electrons moving around the atomic nuclei. The whole body is wriggling and moving. And the surface of the body is not smooth or regular. Any object in the universe, steel, iron or stone, is all the same, as the molecular composition in it is in motion and the whole formation is invisible to you. It is actually unstable. This table is also wriggling, but our eyes cannot see the truth. They can only give us a delusion."

"The eyes have no other great abilities except that they can stabilize the things we have in the physical space into such a state. When one sees something, the image of the object does not form in the eyes directly. The eyes, which are like a camera lens, only serve as a tool. When taking a picture at a distance, the camera lens becomes longer. Our eyes also have such a function. When one looks in the dark, his pupils become larger. When taking a picture in the dark, the aperture of the camera has to become larger as well; otherwise, with insufficient exposure, the photo will turn out to be black. When one comes to a very bright place, his pupils become smaller rapidly; otherwise, dazzled by the strong light, he cannot see clearly. Using the same principle, the aperture of the camera also has to be made smaller. Therefore, as a tool, it can only take in the image of an object. When we actually look at something, a person or the existing form of an object, it is in the brain that the image of it is formed. In other words, we see through the eye and the image it receives is conveyed through the optic nerve to the pineal body which is located in the back half of the brain and appears in that region. That is to say, it is the pineal body of the brain that actually reflects the image and sees an object. Modern medical science also has come to realize this."

these paragraphs where taken from the book of Zhaun Falun chapter 2 - issue of the celestial eye

it is said that we are placed on this earth trapped in a maze with two eyes that cannot even see the maze

the book of Zhuan Falun is from the practice of Falun Dafa
check out the pages. everythings completely free

http://www.falundafa.org/

for a link strait to Zhuan Falun
http://www.falundafa.org/book/eng/zfl_01.htm

-monkah ;D

the following sentence is true.
the previous sentence is false.

--------------------
*NEW!* from Monkah Inc.The "Silence game" hold an exhilerating game between you and a friend,see who finds silence first! (warning:M. Inc. patented silence-in-its-self,failure to pay up will result in sending satan after you! err,we mean our laywer!)

OfflineKremlin
life in E minor
Male User Gallery

Re: A nice mind-blowing thought to ponder upon [Re: Monkah]
    #381777 - 08/29/01 09:24 PM (22 years, 6 months ago)

Hey thats crazy as hell man....a friend of mine once bad tripped HARD when he started thinking about how everything was made of a bunch of loose atoms and shit...so i think id stay clear of that on my next trip, but crazy to think about, definately.

--Kremlin

--------------------

-George Gissing

--Fyodor Dostoevsky

InvisibleKid
Carpal Tunnel
    #381895 - 08/30/01 01:23 AM (22 years, 6 months ago)

Is this really the first time you guys thought stuff like this? I used to think about this shit when I was six. No wonder I'm such a skeptic.

Guess I read too much sci-fi as a kid.

OfflineKremlin
life in E minor
Male User Gallery

Re: A nice mind-blowing thought to ponder upon [Re: Kid]
    #381916 - 08/30/01 02:24 AM (22 years, 6 months ago)

yah man i can relate to you there on the 6 thing...i actually used to get scared when i thought of shit like that late at night....but society taught me to ignore such foolish thoughts, until Shrooms released my mind again.

--Kremlin

--------------------

-George Gissing

--Fyodor Dostoevsky

OfflinePhyl
old hand
Loc: United Kingdom
    #381917 - 08/30/01 02:24 AM (22 years, 6 months ago)

Hey thats crazy as hell man....a friend of mine once bad tripped HARD when he started thinking about how everything was made of a bunch of loose atoms and shit...

It goes further than that. Those atoms are made up of subatomic particles, which are essentially points of energy which lack dimension. Quantum physics has proven that at the sub atomic level, space does not exist in the way way understand it, and all these particles (if you can really call them that) are connected via a higher dimensional mechanism, and they can communicate with each other and react accordingly.

Take care

OfflinePhyl
old hand
Loc: United Kingdom
    #381922 - 08/30/01 02:32 AM (22 years, 6 months ago)

When I was about 5 or 6 I believed that everyone always knew what I was thinking, but was keeping it a secret from me.
At about 9, I started believeing that reality was like a dream, and everything around me was created by my imagination (I can remember the exact point I came to this conclusion)

I recently learned that both of these are common features of schitzophrenia. I was a very confused child.

Take care

InvisibleMeltingPenguin
Pooh-Bah

Loc: new england
Re: A nice mind-blowing thought to ponder upon [Re: Phyl]
    #381930 - 08/30/01 02:42 AM (22 years, 6 months ago)

There are infinte worlds in the smallest know sub atomic particle of finger. Infinite goes both ways, large and small. That's tricky to try and grasp all at once, but being that your brain is infinite, it should be possible. Probably easier when your spun.

Dr. Seuss wrote a book about the same theory, although somewhat dumbed down for kids, i forget the title.

The Disco Biscuits Are totally Crescent Fresh!
www.discobiscuits.com

--------------------
Growing anything is good for the soul

Offlinehudsonismss
journeyman
Loc: sydney
Re: falund dafa [Re: Monkah]
    #381971 - 08/30/01 05:48 AM (22 years, 6 months ago)

i used to practice meditation with some falun dafa practiioners at my uni. i'd just show up and sit with them and do their practice. then they gave me those two books... i fealt like i was reading propaganda from a cultish dictator on acid....not to say that it is all 'wrong' or crazy, but it was realy out there, like a whole new story to this game of life that seemed incredibly unfounded even from it's roots in buddhism and toaism, from which Li Hongzhi has made some radical steps. i know there's a lot of crap goin on over falun dafa which shouldn't be, but in any case, i had to step back from that stuff. it may do it for others, but i just can't put my faith in something that i have no experience with as to understand it for myself. all the more love to those who live out it's principles- truthfullness, benevolence, forbearence- but it seems to me that many people follow it blindly like any other religion- the 3 monotheistic ones for example.
not to bash or anything, just thought it was relevent..

--------------------
live in the present and the future will present itself

InvisibleKid
Carpal Tunnel
Re: A nice mind-blowing thought to ponder upon [Re: Phyl]
    #382055 - 08/30/01 10:09 AM (22 years, 6 months ago)

I used to think in terms of solipsism also when I was a kid. Like the world was just made for me and it was some kind of weird test and one day I'd become king of the world.

Anyway, I dunno, when I discuss The Matrix with anyone, they also talk about how much the idea of the false reality freaked them out for days. Those are the ideas that I think about normally (it's weird that a child's thoughts can be thought of as "so deep"; as a few people who I described them too thought they were).

I guess it's just really that now the wacky ideas don't cause me anxiety and they're not something I ponder in a way as to alter my behaviour (unless of course, I were looking for a lame rationalizations for an "immoral" act)...

OfflineTengu
journeyman
    #382092 - 08/30/01 11:38 AM (22 years, 6 months ago)

I thought as well about these things and came to my conclusion that we cant see "the truth" or the real universe we live in. All we see is a projection of the real universe done by our mind. Like some 3-Dimensional objects are projected to fit on a 2D screen. We dont see 3d if we watch the screen, but we tend to believ its 3d.

Perhaps drugs change our view parameters :-)

OfflineMonkah
abreactionsynchronicity
Re: falund dafa [Re: hudsonismss]
    #382164 - 08/30/01 02:05 PM (22 years, 6 months ago)

its completely understandable.
falun dafa is definatly not forevery one.
and your right alot of people do follow it like a mindless cult.
as will always be the case with some people in certain religions.. i mean.. look where the christians are now.
alot of the things in the books ive had thoughts on way before i read anything from it. my thinking before i was introduced into falun dafa was basicly the same. so when i read these books it was something i could relate too and something that i knew was for me.
the books have just mainly shaped my ideas that i had before for the better of myself and others.
im not saying i thought exactly like the book , but things they talk about such as demonic interference use to happen ot me alot during meditation, and i came to the conclusion that fear was merely a filter made from society to keep me from reaching further into "truth". so then on ignored it.
i should exsplain im not talking about life threating fear. but the kind of fear that keep you from pushing yourself further.

such things as this..
but you are right it is not for everyone and not everyone can grasp the concepts or even dont want too.
but i think in no way the books are bad. there meant only to show one how to better ones self. i think alot of the examples throw people off that they give from toaism and other religions. and it can seem radical and like a new side of life at first because as they say.. normal people are just that normal and they cant reach the things that cultivators can. if they could then they would not be normal. and the normal way cannot be tampered with. not without bad results.

no worry though, i took nothing you said offensive.
my only thoughts are that you at least learned a little something from the books.

it goes as it may...

-monkah

ohh.. another question.. did you read the books all the way through? i know alot of people read the first two chapters and then skim through the rest. wich causes alot of mix up. they exsplain some things towards the end that effect things said in the begining.

--------------------
*NEW!* from Monkah Inc.The "Silence game" hold an exhilerating game between you and a friend,see who finds silence first! (warning:M. Inc. patented silence-in-its-self,failure to pay up will result in sending satan after you! err,we mean our laywer!)

OfflineMonkah
abreactionsynchronicity
    #382168 - 08/30/01 02:12 PM (22 years, 6 months ago)

i can relate to the being young and thinking "odd"

when i was about 7 or so i had this dream of my whole life and i woke up and felt as though i knew Everything that would happen to me and what i was going to do with my life and when i would die.

so for a couple years i was severly afraid that i would "wake up" again and have it only be a dream inside a dream.
as if each time i died in the dreams i woke up in reality and the process started over.

-monkah

--------------------

OfflineMonkah
abreactionsynchronicity
    #382170 - 08/30/01 02:17 PM (22 years, 6 months ago)

anyone ever see "tv fuzz" when its dark or lights are dim.. or specialy when your f'd-up.
i use to see it this way all the time. but now they look like diamonds to me.. millions and millions of them all reflecting light off each other. each at the exact perfect angel to reflect every other.
to me they make up this "tv screen" in front of my real eyes

i say tv screen because when its dim or dark and i see these "diamonds" theres no deminsion on them. if you look at something close.. say hold your hand up.. the fuzz on that is the same as on the wall behind your hand. theres no depth or change but its still on each the same.

-monkah

--------------------

InvisibleMeltingPenguin
Pooh-Bah

Loc: new england
Re: A nice mind-blowing thought to ponder upon [Re: Monkah]
    #382177 - 08/30/01 02:28 PM (22 years, 6 months ago)

All i know is when i'm spun, TV snow is one of the best things to watch, turn the volume down listen to some tunes, and it goes along with the music. I couldn't belive the shit i saw in there!
It even got to the point where i could contol it with the magnetic energy of my hands.

Crazy SHIT!!!!!

JamBands are totally Crescent Fresh!!!
www.jambase.com

--------------------
Growing anything is good for the soul

OfflineMonkah
abreactionsynchronicity
Re: A nice mind-blowing thought to ponder upon [Re: MeltingPenguin]
    #382183 - 08/30/01 02:42 PM (22 years, 6 months ago)

penguin, next time you should try using those "magnectic forces" on your visional tv. not a tv within a tv. understanding is the first concept to be able to change.
theres many wheels within wheels in life and to get out into the next you have to understand the one your in.
(although with drugs some people stumble out.. or get shot out like a rocket 100 wheels up) ;x

-monkah

--------------------

Jump to top Pages: 1 | 2 | Next >  [ show all ]

Shop: Kraken Kratom Red Vein Kratom   North Spore Injection Grain Bag   Unfolding Nature Unfolding Nature: Being in the Implicate Order   PhytoExtractum Buy Bali Kratom Powder   MagicBag.co Certified Organic All-In-One Grow Bags by Magic Bag   Myyco.com Isolated Cubensis Liquid Culture For Sale