Home | Community | Message Board

Magic-Mushrooms-Shop.com
This site includes paid links. Please support our sponsors.

Welcome to the Shroomery Message Board! You are experiencing a small sample of what the site has to offer. Please login or register to post messages and view our exclusive members-only content. You'll gain access to additional forums, file attachments, board customizations, encrypted private messages, and much more!

Shop: MagicBag.co Certified Organic All-In-One Grow Bags by Magic Bag   Kraken Kratom Red Vein Kratom   Unfolding Nature Unfolding Nature: Being in the Implicate Order

Jump to first unread post Pages: 1 | 2 | Next >  [ show all ]
OfflineMAGnum
veteran

Ever gaze into the mirror..
    #3814133 - 02/21/05 10:03 PM (19 years, 1 month ago)

If you stair into the mirror without blinking for long enough, you start to hallucinate. Ever try doing it? Usually what I see is scary so I don't do it, but I am interested in what other people see.

This is what you do:
Find mirror
Gaze into it without blinking
Don't move your eyes or your body at all
wait
wait
Do you see it?
Now tell what you saw.

--------------------
Agent 727

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
OfflineLocus
Male

Folding@home Statistics
Re: Ever gaze into the mirror.. [Re: MAGnum]
    #3814188 - 02/21/05 10:12 PM (19 years, 1 month ago)

yeah, i've done that before, it's scary to me also, haha. I don't really remember, but it was scary yeah.. :smile:

--------------------

The important thing is not to stop questioning. Curiosity has its own reason for existing. One cannot help but be in awe when he contemplates the mysteries of eternity, of life, of the marvelous structure of reality. It is enough if one tries merely to comprehend a little of this mystery every day. Never lose a holy curiosity. ~ Albert Einstein
"Fear is the great barrier to human growth." ~ Dr. Robert Monroe

~~~*Dosis sola facit venenum*~~~

*Check my profile to listen to my music* :smile:

OfflineTheShroomHermit
Divine Hermit of the Everything
 User Gallery

Loc: border of Canada and Mexi...
    #3814316 - 02/21/05 10:33 PM (19 years, 1 month ago)

I will try it, but I don't see why a mirror should hold some mystic property. If all it is doing is reflecting light, then I should ask why do our minds trick itself in this way. Is it some form of identity crisis? Is it our past drug experiences?

I will look into the mirror, can you give me some time exstimates? How long does it take for you?

OfflineCeeThruMeer
Aztek GoatBecoming Eagle

Loc: BC, Canada
Re: Ever gaze into the mirror.. [Re: TheShroomHermit]
    #3814345 - 02/21/05 10:37 PM (19 years, 1 month ago)

Will you explain what it was that was scary.... (I think I will try it in a few minutes)

--------------------
"my old friend told me
to do well always
set your sails, open
ride your waves, flowing
just relax, sober
leave you past, it's over
bind two hands, stronger
my soul waits, forward" - Arjun and Guardians

InvisibleSoularize
slanted and enchanted
Male User Gallery

Loc: United States
Re: Ever gaze into the mirror.. [Re: TheShroomHermit]
    #3814378 - 02/21/05 10:43 PM (19 years, 1 month ago)

Actually, if I stare at anything long enough I'll start to hallucinate. And no these arent severe long term affects from psychedelic use. I honestly believe anybody (sober or not) can train their mind and eye to see the infinite patterns in everything around them. Anyways, I've used the mirror before in this way...it's fun  :smile:
Usually I stare at my face, with a purposely blurred vision, and i watch my facial features take on different shapes. Usually I feel like Im observing other family members' facial features that i carry, even the family members who Ive never met before and are long dead.

I usually think "Holy shit!" at that point :shocked: and then stop.

--------------------
"All but one man died. There at Bitter Creek. And they say he ran awayyy." - A little show called Branded

OfflineTheShroomHermit
Divine Hermit of the Everything
 User Gallery

Loc: border of Canada and Mexi...
Re: Ever gaze into the mirror.. [Re: CeeThruMeer]
    #3814545 - 02/21/05 11:13 PM (19 years, 1 month ago)

It wasn't scary. It seemed that after awhile the color suddenly changed in my field of vision. If this happens to you, close your eyes... you might just have retina burn, if you look at a blank wall or close your eyes you will see what I mean. So... I noticed more and more of my physically features.

Try focusing on a particular eye. It doesn't take long, but it isn't very much either. Maybe our minds just weren't ment to go for that long without the scene changing. The more you look, the more you see... but its not like a bad acid trip or anything.

OfflineMAGnum
veteran

Re: Ever gaze into the mirror.. [Re: CeeThruMeer]
    #3814596 - 02/21/05 11:26 PM (19 years, 1 month ago)

Well, it takes about a minute or so, it shouldn't take longer.

Also, it wasn't scary in the sence that I was frightenned, it just didn't come with any good images.

--------------------
Agent 727

InvisibleJellric
altered statesman

Loc: non-local
    #3814598 - 02/21/05 11:26 PM (19 years, 1 month ago)

I have done it before, but it was unintentional. Here's what happened: Years earlier I had seen a video for a song that stuck in my head. I had always wanted to have and listen to that song, but hadn't taken the time to investigate who sang it and on what album.

Well I finally acquired the tape and popped it in. I should mention that I had been smoking pot beforehand (not unusual for me at the time) and had recently moved into this apartment. I sat down on the floor with my back to the wall in front of a full length mirror that happened to be positioned directly in front of me. (I had been using it during my workouts to ensure proper form). Since I had really been anticipating hearing that song I was very focused on listening to it. Listening to it occupied my entire attention so much so that the only thing that existed for me at that moment was that song. I completely lost track of my surroundings.

I remember feeling a feeling of extreme peace and contentedness. The music was gone but this didn't seem strange. I was having an extremely pleasant conversation with someone..I don't know who. I couldn't see this person but we were talking on the telephone. Ever had a conversation with someone you really liked that just flowed and you lost track of time? It was like that magnified several times over. So this goes on for a while and it suddenly occurs to me "You are having a conversation on the phone. Wait a minute..I don't have a phone!!"

As soon as I thought that I snapped back into concensus reality from shock. My perception was that I had somehow been inside of the mirror and the realization of that ejected me from that space rapidly. When I "came to" the first thing I noticed (other than that the song had ended) was that the mirror which had been fine was now shattered. Along with some of my views about reality.

--------------------
I AM what Willis was talkin' bout.

OfflineMAGnum
veteran

#3814603 - 02/21/05 11:27 PM (19 years, 1 month ago)

Yeah, the longer you hold your stair, the more the image changes. After a while it's like you aren't looking at yourself in the mirror any more.

--------------------
Agent 727

OfflineJCoke
dream observer
Male

Loc: maryland Flag
    #3815000 - 02/22/05 12:46 AM (19 years, 1 month ago)

i hallucinate too in the mirror, i blame otc highs...

dex made me look like a Picaso painting, my face was mixed up, i tried tilting my head to even my eyes, did'nt work, made it worse/weirder... it still happens now when i stare into the mirror long enough...

benadryl made my refliction become someone else, he keeps making face's at me (what an asshole.) and than he starts to mock me by coping off of me, doing everything i do, (what a dick!) so annoying... anyways, i still see myself making faces at me after staring long enough...but atleast now i now it's just hppd...

now it's a liitle of both, it's a Picaso painting mocking me, trippy, i love it.  :thumbup:

--------------------
hello, your name is life on earth
------------------------------------

"I traveled a long way seeking God, but when I finally gave up and turned back, there He was, within me! O Lalli! Now why do you wander like a beggar? Make some effort, and He will grant you a vision of Himself in the form of bliss in your heart." -the saint of the Kashmir Shaivism tradition: Lalli.

Offlineexclusive58
illegal alien

Re: Ever gaze into the mirror.. [Re: Jellric]
    #3815011 - 02/22/05 12:48 AM (19 years, 1 month ago)

Jellric, that's a trippy story!

Magnum, i often have sober fun with the mirror as well! i thought i was the only crazy fool doing this.

I do it like Soularize, i start out looking at my face with a slight blurred vision, and i try to consciously imagine what i am seeing as something OTHER than me, i try to separate myself from myself. This usually takes like 5 minutes.

And when i do this, my face gets a bit weird, a bit twisted, i noticed that i had one eye that was different than the other (i concluded that my left eye funtions better than the other), also sometimes the light diminishes alot, and some weird things happen with my face.

The only time i got scared while doing this is when i was really concentrated and i got to the point where the 'me' that i was looking out was practically taking a life of its own, the separation between the two was almost totally complete, and weird things started happening with the mirror, it started moving a bit, like water, or like that glass made building that blows up in the matrix. and yes, i was sober, and i got a bit frightened.

--------------------

Offlineexclusive58
illegal alien

Re: Ever gaze into the mirror.. [Re: exclusive58]
    #3815160 - 02/22/05 01:21 AM (19 years, 1 month ago)

i just tried it again...it actually doesn't take as long as 5 minutes, more like one, but i could do it for ten minutes, its a very intriguing experience.

one thing i forgot to mention, the eyes are the craziest part! they get all dark, sometimes they take an almost non-human look, but its hard to concentrate enough to maintain the illusion.

also, the face loses its caracteristics, it becomes hard to recognize yourself if you get deep into it, but the problem is that when you realize you don't look the same, it makes you take a real look at yourself and the illusion disappears.

i can only maintain the illusion for like 5 to ten seconds, but i'm sure that with lots of practice one could accomplish some crazy stuff!

OfflineGomp
¡(Bound to·(O))be free!
Male User Gallery

Loc: I re·side [primarily] in...
    #3815732 - 02/22/05 05:36 AM (19 years, 1 month ago)

if i do this you talk about (found it out on shrooms)
whit a person in mind, i get to see me, the way the person seen me last (i guess)

so, changing between people i know, like me, and others who don't know me, and so on, i see so many versions of my self, and i tell ya, i seen the ugliest fucker through the most adorable one, so really it showed me for real, beauty comes from within,, love makes blind, as does hate. we see with more than our eyes..

take a pseudoscope , looking at a human face becomes messy they say, i bet i would see a human face for what it could be :P

Mirrors, ... ah 'dont get me' started :P

--------------------

--------------------
Disclaimer!?

Edited by Gomp (02/22/05 05:40 AM)

OfflineVulture
Pursuer ofWisdom
 User Gallery

Loc: SC
Re: Ever gaze into the mirror.. [Re: Gomp]
    #3815829 - 02/22/05 06:41 AM (19 years, 1 month ago)

i like to do this on LSD

--------------------
Work like you dont need the money.

Love like you never been hurt.

Dance like nobody is watching.

OfflineChingChong
Non-OffensiveTalker

Loc: Where the buffalo roam
Re: Ever gaze into the mirror.. [Re: Soularize]
    #3816137 - 02/22/05 09:47 AM (19 years, 1 month ago)

Quote:

Soularize said:
Actually, if I stare at anything long enough I'll start to hallucinate. And no these arent severe long term affects from psychedelic use. I honestly believe anybody (sober or not) can train their mind and eye to see the infinite patterns in everything around them. Anyways, I've used the mirror before in this way...it's fun  :smile:

--------------------
How can one murder enormously if one is microscopic.

Offlineexclusive58
illegal alien

Re: Ever gaze into the mirror.. [Re: Vulture]
    #3816153 - 02/22/05 09:51 AM (19 years, 1 month ago)

huh, interesting stuff. I guess what you are talking about is what one could accomplish through long-lasting concentration at mirror-gazing.

so you just think about someone while you're looking at the mirror, and your face changes into how that particular person sees you?

OfflineMAGnum
veteran

#3817784 - 02/22/05 04:26 PM (19 years, 1 month ago)

Whoa? It was shatterred? How did that happen.

Missing time, broken stuff, hallucinations.. almost sounds like a demon possession. Did you come to in the same place?

--------------------
Agent 727

OfflineMAGnum
veteran

#3817813 - 02/22/05 04:32 PM (19 years, 1 month ago)

That is exactly what I am talking about. The eyes become almost inhuman and your face just warps. It is a pretty cool little trick I learned from my cousin.

--------------------
Agent 727

InvisibleJellric
altered statesman

Loc: non-local
    #3819500 - 02/22/05 09:29 PM (19 years, 1 month ago)

Whoa? It was shatterred? How did that happen.

Missing time, broken stuff, hallucinations.. almost sounds like a demon possession. Did you come to in the same place?

I could believe I did it while in this trance state except that I did indeed come to sitting down in the same exact location as before it started. I suppose I could have gotten up and walked around in a daze and then sat back down in the same spot but I find that unlikely. I have just chalked it up as unexplained and hopefully one day I will understand what happened. I don't think its possession because the whole process was extremely pleasant and there is no evidence I moved around at all.

It's near the top of my list of unusual phenomena that have happened to me. Most happened in that apartment. One of those other events led to me moving out of that apartment and not returning. But I don't want to go into that now to avoid going off topic.

I just wanted to post a non-scary mirror event to show that it doesn't have to be scary. You can look at your face, but down through the ages it is commonly recommended that you don't look at anything in particular while gazing into a reflective surface. Before this happened to me I thought scrying was bogus- the stuff of fairy tales. Now I think differently.

Edited by Jellric (02/22/05 09:31 PM)

OfflineZekebomb
sociophagus

Loc: BC province
    #3820752 - 02/23/05 01:13 AM (19 years, 1 month ago)

I don't think its possession because the whole process was extremely pleasant

unless you were possessed by a nice, pleasant, happy demon. wait, is that an angel? do angels possess people?

Jump to top Pages: 1 | 2 | Next >  [ show all ]

Shop: MagicBag.co Certified Organic All-In-One Grow Bags by Magic Bag   Kraken Kratom Red Vein Kratom   Unfolding Nature Unfolding Nature: Being in the Implicate Order