Home | Community | Message Board

MushroomMan Mycology
This site includes paid links. Please support our sponsors.

Welcome to the Shroomery Message Board! You are experiencing a small sample of what the site has to offer. Please login or register to post messages and view our exclusive members-only content. You'll gain access to additional forums, file attachments, board customizations, encrypted private messages, and much more!

Shop: PhytoExtractum Maeng Da Thai Kratom Leaf Powder   North Spore Cultivation Supplies   Myyco.com Golden Teacher Liquid Culture For Sale

Jump to first unread post Pages: 1 | 2 | Next >  [ show all ]
InvisibleZippoZM
Knomadic
 User Gallery

Loc: Pongyang, North Korea
check out this pipe i just made :)
    #3814012 - 02/21/05 09:44 PM (19 years, 1 month ago)

its prety tight, i got my studio back up and running as of today and after 2 months this is the 2nd piece i have made. i guess i didnt loose all of my skill after all!

good thinig too because im straight up broke, and i need to make some $$$

its kinda a bad scan but still!

--------------------
PEACE

:mushroom2:zippoz:mushroom2:

"in times of widespread chaos and confusion, it has been the duty of more advanced human beings - artists, scientists, clowns, and philosophers - to create order. In such times as ours however, when there is too much order, too much m management, too much programming and control, it becomes the duty of superior men and women and women to fling their favorite monkey wrenches into the machinery. To relieve the repression of the human spirit, they must sow doubt and disruption"

"People do it every day, they talk to themselves ... they see themselves as they'd like to be, they don't have the courage you have, to just run with it."

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
InvisibleCherryBomM
Yoga Gypsy
Female User Gallery

Loc: Ontario
Re: check out this pipe i just made :) [Re: ZippoZ]
    #3814033 - 02/21/05 09:46 PM (19 years, 1 month ago)

Beauteous!

--------------------

OfflineYouEnjoyMyself
PHiSH

#3814042 - 02/21/05 09:47 PM (19 years, 1 month ago)

I like when pieces have a flat mouth piece, it feels nice. Not too shabby, I would love to get started in glass blowing, but from what I hear it's rather expensive.

--------------------
-Wash uffitze drive me to firenze

InvisibleZippoZM
Knomadic
 User Gallery

Re: check out this pipe i just made :) [Re: YouEnjoyMyself]
    #3814089 - 02/21/05 09:54 PM (19 years, 1 month ago)

yeah its pricey to get started. ran me around $700. i cant tell you for the life of me what costs that much... or break it down, but its the little things and tools and oxygen that pipe up into a hefty bill

this is the first flat mouthpiece i have ever made actually. this pipe is made out of the remains of a messed up pipe i was trying to make, as so many of my pipes come to be...

this weekend i should have 20 or so and im going to hit up the chicago party scene, and try and pay the rent...

--------------------
PEACE

"in times of widespread chaos and confusion, it has been the duty of more advanced human beings - artists, scientists, clowns, and philosophers - to create order. In such times as ours however, when there is too much order, too much m management, too much programming and control, it becomes the duty of superior men and women and women to fling their favorite monkey wrenches into the machinery. To relieve the repression of the human spirit, they must sow doubt and disruption"

"People do it every day, they talk to themselves ... they see themselves as they'd like to be, they don't have the courage you have, to just run with it."

Offlinecamelsmoker
smoke up
 User Gallery

Loc: The Dirty Dirty
    #3814112 - 02/21/05 09:56 PM (19 years, 1 month ago)

nice

--------------------
THE LUNATIC IS IN MY HEAD
<----(o)---->
Check out www.alexgrey.com! He does tools artwork from lateralus.
No harm can come from questioning. "Best" case scenerio: You prove it right without relying on the fact that it is widely accepted. Argument strengthened. "Worst" case scenerio: You realize you might have been wrong. The new answer might or might not be what you want to hear, but it beats defending yourself with bullshit.
Qoted from (Koala Koolio)

Offlinekosmic_charlie
Truckin' in style
Male User Gallery

Loc: Deep Elem
    #3814117 - 02/21/05 09:58 PM (19 years, 1 month ago)

Very nice! I'd like to try that hobby some day.

--------------------

Goin' where the water tastes like wine.

OfflineYouEnjoyMyself
PHiSH

#3814135 - 02/21/05 10:04 PM (19 years, 1 month ago)

That would be a fun hobby. I love glasswork.

--------------------
-Wash uffitze drive me to firenze

InvisibleZippoZM
Knomadic
 User Gallery

Re: check out this pipe i just made :) [Re: YouEnjoyMyself]
    #3814142 - 02/21/05 10:06 PM (19 years, 1 month ago)

its greaaaaat, unless you get heavy metal poisoning... which i may infact have.....

hmm i need to go see a doctor...

--------------------
PEACE

InvisibleDNKYD
Turtle!

#3814166 - 02/21/05 10:10 PM (19 years, 1 month ago)

How long did it take you to learn to blow pipes? I have a friend that started doing it last year but I haven't talked to him since. When I have some extra cash kickin around later this year after I get my appartment I may invest in some equipment.

InvisibleZippoZM
Knomadic
 User Gallery

Re: check out this pipe i just made :) [Re: DNKYD]
    #3814195 - 02/21/05 10:14 PM (19 years, 1 month ago)

i got it down within a month. funny thing is i brought my pieces to a party the second month i was blowing. and ran into a glass blower, i asked him how long he thought i was blowing for he said a year!

i guess im pretty good at it for my limited time.

once i get a kiln i can do multi piece work, like bubblers and head pieces, but i have to get inside out work down first (its a bitch)

--------------------
PEACE

InvisibleDNKYD
Turtle!

#3814370 - 02/21/05 10:41 PM (19 years, 1 month ago)

What does the kiln do for glasswork? I've used a kiln for ceramics and sculptures, but I didn't know they used them for glass as well.

InvisibleZippoZM
Knomadic
 User Gallery

Re: check out this pipe i just made :) [Re: DNKYD]
    #3814392 - 02/21/05 10:45 PM (19 years, 1 month ago)

when you take a piece off of the torch and let it cool on the work bench it creates stress in the glass, millions of little cracks you cant even see. this is because it is cooling to quickly

if you drop a piece it will add stress in the same manner, and more little cracks. the mors stress the more likely it is to break

when you put it in a kiln it raises and lowers the temp of the glass slowly so that there is very little or no stress, and is there fore is less likely to break when dropped.

i little note, if you have a piece that has been dropped a bunch, you can put it in a kiln and it will be good as new!

--------------------
PEACE

OfflineLegoulash
Stranger
 User Gallery
    #3814528 - 02/21/05 11:10 PM (19 years, 1 month ago)

>i little note, if you have a piece that has been dropped a bunch, you can put it in a kiln and it will be good as new!

Alittle tip I heard was to let hte glass cool in a can of vermiculite so it dispensis the heat slower..

Do you have any links or advice that helped you get started... Iv already started finding small items, shitty torch, tanks adn started making soem tools .. got a box of test tubes ready to make crack pipes out of..

Invisiblefearfect
Re: check out this pipe i just made :) [Re: Legoulash]
    #3814552 - 02/21/05 11:14 PM (19 years, 1 month ago)

can you make sherlocks?

InvisibleZippoZM
Knomadic
 User Gallery

Re: check out this pipe i just made :) [Re: fearfect]
    #3814639 - 02/21/05 11:37 PM (19 years, 1 month ago)

i made a sherlock once, it cracked to pieces. and as for the vermiculite, i have a bag of it, just havent gotten around to using it yet.

as for getting started for those of you that are interested you need the following.

saftey glasses (rose didyum at least)
torch
propane regulator and 02 regulator
hoses for the gas
the gasses themselves
and glass,
graphite rods to push the bowls..
and VENTILATION this shit (glass) is highly toxic when heated

--------------------
PEACE

OfflineTurd
Dr. Rock

Loc: Vulva, WA
    #3814642 - 02/21/05 11:37 PM (19 years, 1 month ago)

Quote:

zippoz said:

I'd hit it.

InvisibleZippoZM
Knomadic
 User Gallery

Re: check out this pipe i just made :) [Re: Turd]
    #3814682 - 02/21/05 11:44 PM (19 years, 1 month ago)

funny thing is i have made close to 60 some pipes, and i have never smoked out of one, unless someone bought it and smoked me up... i love em all and want to smoke out of each one, but they just keep getting better and better so i just refrain from smoking out of any of them...
damn im about to go back out to the studio to make more... fighting the urge... i have been there 3 times today as it is!

--------------------
PEACE

InvisibleToolTroll
tourettic
Male User Gallery

Loc: N. Cack
    #3814814 - 02/22/05 12:07 AM (19 years, 1 month ago)

Hey, zippoz, good job. :thumbup: Glad to hear you are in production, if you bring any to the Roo I'll buy one. So what kinda torch is that you are using? And if that's borosilicate, I hope you have more than dydium glasses. Safety first!

--------------------
"This whole idea that different is bad, that a change in consciousness is in itself harmful, is really one of the fundamental problems inherent in the drug war.” - Rick Doblin
my cactus collection
You vote with your dollars. Everyday. Vote responsibly.

OfflineMrBucket
Stranger

Re: check out this pipe i just made :) [Re: ToolTroll]
    #3814861 - 02/22/05 12:17 AM (19 years, 1 month ago)

Looks nice, I'm likely going to go to a local head shop tomorrow and pick up my first glass piece.

InvisibleZippoZM
Knomadic
 User Gallery

Re: check out this pipe i just made :) [Re: MrBucket]
    #3814909 - 02/22/05 12:28 AM (19 years, 1 month ago)

yeah im bringing some to roo, hopefully i can pay for my ticket that way!

but yeah im using a pair of shade 5 clip ons over my didyiniums which i flip up and down as necissary, and im using a nortel minor torch :smile:

--------------------
PEACE

Jump to top Pages: 1 | 2 | Next >  [ show all ]

Shop: PhytoExtractum Maeng Da Thai Kratom Leaf Powder   North Spore Cultivation Supplies   Myyco.com Golden Teacher Liquid Culture For Sale