Home | Community | Message Board

Myco Supply
Please support our sponsors.

Mushrooms, Mycology and Psychedelics >> Mushroom Cultivation

Welcome to the Shroomery Message Board! You are experiencing a small sample of what the site has to offer. Please login or register to post messages and view our exclusive members-only content. You'll gain access to additional forums, file attachments, board customizations, encrypted private messages, and much more!

Amazon Shop for: ½ Pint Jars, Vermiculite

Jump to first unread post. Pages: 1
OfflineFINITE1
Stranger in aStrange Land
Incubation period.....
    #3812399 - 02/21/05 07:04 PM (11 years, 9 months ago)

Heh, I kind of feel like I'm asking you guys ALOT of questions. Not realy to many but I am of course a newb to this whole thing (growing I mean not consuming). Anyways my question is this. Most teks I see say to use 1/2pnt jars and talk about the time difference in getting to the fruiting stage using larger jars for incubation. Just wondering what the difference would be between 1/2pnt jars and 1pnt jars. Not that I'm gona switch just wondering what kinda of overall time frame im looking at from incubation to harvest. Thanks.

--------------------
I was there at the last concert in Chicago, Soldier Field actually. It was my first concert experience and the best time I have ever had. Little did I know it would be the last time I would see them play.

Post Extras: Print Post  Remind Me! Notify Moderator
OfflineAnOddLittlePlace
Novice Grower
 User Gallery

Loc: Tumble down shack in Bigf...
Re: Incubation period..... [Re: FINITE1]
    #3812426 - 02/21/05 07:07 PM (11 years, 9 months ago)

it depends on substrate, what kind of casing are you using, are you casing? many questions to be answered before yours can be...i wont be able to answer it but someone with more exp. will

--------------------

My mind was wandering like the wild geese in the West.

OfflineFINITE1
Stranger in aStrange Land
Re: Incubation period..... [Re: AnOddLittlePlace]
    #3812482 - 02/21/05 07:15 PM (11 years, 9 months ago)

I want to go the casing route. Actually my plan assuming everthing goes well would be to have 2 casing and a couple cakes left over. Not entirely sure what casing method to go with yet. The materials I have to work with are BFR and Verm. Would like to get some of those clay balls for the bottom layer of the fruiting chamber when I get to that point. The strain I will be getting is Puerto Rican or Shooting Stars as they were refered to on the site I ordered from (http://www.shrooms.ca/index.htm). I know now but didnt know then this site is WAY overpriced and slow. For the casing, unless someone says otherwise and I can actually get whatever is suggested it will just be BFR and Verm (same for the jars if I haven't allready said so). Thanks again.

--------------------
I was there at the last concert in Chicago, Soldier Field actually. It was my first concert experience and the best time I have ever had. Little did I know it would be the last time I would see them play.

Invisibledog
straw dog

Loc: Route 66
Re: Incubation period..... [Re: FINITE1]
    #3812542 - 02/21/05 07:24 PM (11 years, 9 months ago)

The simple answer is twice the substrate, so twice the colonization time. But there are other factors to consider. A twice as long colonization period means twice as large a window for contamination to set in. A larger container is also (in my experience) more likely to slow or stall altogether. However there are many cultivators who use only pint jars for the PF Tek.

A larger substrate should not increase pinning/fruiting time.

--------------------

Fascism (fash'izem) n. A governmental system marked by a centralized dictatorship, stringent socioeconomic controls, and often belligerent nationalism. see also: the Bush Administration.

Jump to top. Pages: 1

Amazon Shop for: ½ Pint Jars, Vermiculite

Mushrooms, Mycology and Psychedelics >> Mushroom Cultivation