Home | Community | Message Board

Out-Grow.com - Mushroom Growing Kits & Supplies
This site includes paid links. Please support our sponsors.

Welcome to the Shroomery Message Board! You are experiencing a small sample of what the site has to offer. Please login or register to post messages and view our exclusive members-only content. You'll gain access to additional forums, file attachments, board customizations, encrypted private messages, and much more!

Shop: MagicBag.co All-In-One Bags That Don't Suck   North Spore Cultivation Supplies   Kraken Kratom Red Vein Kratom   Original Sensible Seeds Autoflowering Cannabis Seeds   Left Coast Kratom Buy Kratom Extract   Bridgetown Botanicals Bridgetown Botanicals   Myyco.com Isolated Cubensis Liquid Culture For Sale   PhytoExtractum Buy Bali Kratom Powder   Mushroom-Hut Liquid Cultures

Jump to first unread post Pages: < Back | 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | Next >  [ show all ]
Some of these posts are very old and might contain outdated information. You may wish to search for newer posts instead.
OfflineChrisHippyLoser
Dope Smoker

Loc: Big Tex
Re: Psilocybin Extraction Project [Re: KaptKid]
    #3574764 - 01/03/05 11:15 AM (19 years, 2 months ago)

outlawing vermiculite would be like outlawing perlite, or peat moss, wood chips, miracle grow, or soil....

i wonder where she got such an idea from...please tell us, because i think a lot of us are probably scratching our heads over that one...

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Invisibleshroomgirl
the monsterunder your bed
 User Gallery
Loc: atlanta,GA
Re: Psilocybin Extraction Project [Re: KaptKid]
    #3579852 - 01/04/05 02:42 PM (19 years, 2 months ago)

thank you for welcoming me now i just have one question for you i need to kno where to get some vermiculite for cheap    kno anywhere? the only place i can find some to get for cheap is online at a place called 7 springs farms  heard of it?  does anyone you kno have any good dealings with them? :mushroom2:  if you do let me kno thanx

--------------------
i am the rarest of orchids

Invisibleshroomgirl
 User Gallery
Re: Psilocybin Extraction Project [Re: shroomgirl]
    #3579868 - 01/04/05 02:45 PM (19 years, 2 months ago)

as far i as i knew in michigan you couldnt get thats where we used to live now we are in atlanta and its i guess not so uncommon at least it was illegal the last time i looked for it there but that was a while ago when all that shit went around about it having asbestos in it but thanx for setting me straight lol thanx

--------------------

Invisiblemicro
bunbun has a gungun
Male User Gallery

Loc: Brick City Flag
    #3590981 - 01/06/05 09:19 PM (19 years, 2 months ago)

I've heard this rumor for years. Vermiculite is not illegal. The rumor started because of some asbestos in the mines, but this has nothing to do with the vermiculite, itself, and they still sell it.

When I was growing there was a hardware/garden store next to our apartment. They didn't carry it so my roomate asked them for it and they ordered some.

If you're in Atlanta it has to be around somewhere. Otherwise use peat moss, which works better, anyway IME (read my old posts as to how to use it properly).

--------------------
Any research paper or book for free
(Avatar is Maxxy, a character by Mizzyam, RIP)

InvisibleCorporal Kielbasa

#3597798 - 01/08/05 10:07 AM (19 years, 2 months ago)

I have been told this for 8 years now. I was at a pet shop getting some for a breeding project I had going on. The man was like if you dont care about it killing you I would buy a lot of it because this is the last time we are carrying it. You wont be able to get it any more soon. 8 years now and I still can get it.

Invisibleshroomgirl
 User Gallery
Re: Psilocybin Extraction Project [Re: Corporal Kielbasa]
    #3612829 - 01/11/05 01:12 PM (19 years, 2 months ago)

thanx for letting me kno has anyone heard of using coffe to possibly double or triple the flush or splitting the cake in two to do the same let me kno if you have heard anything i would like to try these but some of them are still in the experimental phase let me kno if you kno anything thanx

--------------------

Invisiblemjshroomer
Sage
Loc: gone with my shrooms
    #3623128 - 01/13/05 11:58 AM (19 years, 2 months ago)

AS I pointed out in a similar post in this forum:

5 dried grams of psilocybe cubensis is 5000 milligrams of powder.

In those five thousand milligrams, only 15 to 25 or so are the actual psilocine crystals obtainable from the five thousand milligrams. And only psilocin is water soulable. You will not get any psilocybine. And then your body converts through amination, psilocine to psilocybine.

And methanol is what has been used to eextract before in laboratory research. It works. Would never use naptha.

mj

However, the dose is a minute amount of crystals.

Good luck

and if the material is not evaporated completely of the cleaning solvent, it can cause medical problems.

mj

And vermiculite is as available as poppy seeds are throughout the USA. It has bnever been illegal.

Whoever told youi taht probably thought it was something illegal to begin with and was just not knowledgable about vermiculite.
mj

InvisiblePinback
Stranger
 User Gallery

Loc: Europe
Re: Psilocybin Extraction Project [Re: mjshroomer]
    #3623376 - 01/13/05 01:01 PM (19 years, 2 months ago)

Quote:

And then your body converts through amination, psilocine to psilocybine.

Surely you must mean that psilocybin is converted to psilocin by dephosphorylation (ester hydrolysis)...

I am a bit curious about the solubility data, do you have any reference for that? Merck index states that psilocybin is soluble in 20 parts boiling water, and that psilocin is "very slightly sol in water".

Offlinemidway
Stranger

Re: Psilocybin Extraction Project [Re: micro]
    #3631504 - 01/15/05 02:50 PM (19 years, 2 months ago)

Quote:

I found glacial acetic acid on E-bay (be careful):

GAA can be found at photography supply stores.
Id really like to read a successful extraction. Please post if you have.

Offlinefungophiliac
militantpacifist
 User Gallery
Loc: yo mama
Re: Psilocybin Extraction Project [Re: midway]
    #3633123 - 01/15/05 09:23 PM (19 years, 2 months ago)

has anyone ever read the "psilocybin producer's handbook"?
this outlines very detailed lab reports on this topic.

--------------------
why are there so many more horses asses than there are horses?

if you can't duck it, fuck it.
-the makers of duck tape

OfflineAwesomepossum
Blue Thumb
Loc: Los Estados Unidos
Re: Psilocybin Extraction Project [Re: fungophiliac]
    #3710178 - 01/31/05 08:43 PM (19 years, 1 month ago)

OK. I am an oldhead who stumbled upon a no-tech, no-risk method for extracting psilocybin / psilocin from phresh phungus YEARS AGO, but I not going to reveal. What I will say, is that, with a blender and the proper liquid (NO TECH, remember!), you will be able to separate your mushroom stuff into a three-layer stratum; heavy organic material will settle to the bottom, a thick layer of inactive ingredients will be in the middle, and a thin layer of raw blue liquid will rise to the top. Sifon oph with eyedropper, turkey baster, hypodermic syringe, add to grain alcohol for preservation and enjoy psilo extract! Tricky, tricky, tricky!

PLEASE don't fuck around with toxic solvents. If you really want to enjoy chemmy stuff that will hurt your head, spray clear aerosol paint finish into your drawers and inhale until you fall over! My aunt never knew the diference. It's life just live it, it's cool, you'll enjoy it, thank you, good-bye.

--------------------
Here's part of a poem!!

I looked into my palm and saw what we had feared the most
The mouse had gnawed into the frond while they had sought the GHOST
The blender's better blunder blurred the butter's bluish hue
My sugar cube exploded, tiny shrapnel blinded YOU!

Don't panic! There's more. Just ask!

Offlinescooterpop
Foolish Mortal

Loc: 3rd Stone from the Sun
Re: Psilocybin Extraction Project [Re: Awesomepossum]
    #3714771 - 02/01/05 05:55 PM (19 years, 1 month ago)

awww c'mon possum, what's the magic liquid??

Edited by scooterpop (02/01/05 06:06 PM)

Offlineestimatedprophet
shruman
Re: Psilocybin Extraction Project [Re: scooterpop]
    #3715004 - 02/01/05 06:27 PM (19 years, 1 month ago)

is it ether?

OfflineShroomtakular
Feline

Loc: At the edge of the World
Re: Psilocybin Extraction Project [Re: ryan]
    #3723662 - 02/03/05 06:48 AM (19 years, 1 month ago)

I've been reading up on extracting psilocybin... Found this interesting link somewhere on a post.
d-e-l-i-r-i-u-m
I would love it if something like this would work to be able to store psilocybin in a stealthy way. Maybe for traveling but I wouldn't recommend it. I will try this as soon as I can. :thumbup:

--------------------
I have many many questions...

OfflineDarkie
Bitches n hoes dont mean a thing
 User Gallery

Re: Psilocybin Extraction Project [Re: Shroomtakular]
    #3811751 - 02/21/05 03:44 PM (19 years, 1 month ago)

It's not true is what it is. "A thin layer of blue liquid"? I dont think so. You just made that up. psilocin nor psilocybin are blue and not when oxidized either. The blue comes from another enzyme in the fruits only when they fruit itself is damaged. The extract is not blue. People just makin shit up posting it on the forum like they are experts...yea, experts like shroomgirl who doesnt even know what vermiculite is and hasnt even gone to the hardware store to look for it. Stop posting crap on the forum.

--------------------
You gotta wake up to get faded but you gotta get up to get paided.

InvisiblePinback
Stranger
 User Gallery

Loc: Europe
Re: Psilocybin Extraction Project [Re: Darkie]
    #3812246 - 02/21/05 04:41 PM (19 years, 1 month ago)

Quote:

You just made that up. psilocin nor psilocybin are blue and not when oxidized either. The blue comes from another enzyme in the fruits only when they fruit itself is damaged.

Psilocin and psilocybin will oxidize into something blue when incubated with various mammalian tissue homogenates. This is in a mixture free from fungal enzymes. So if you have a reference regarding that enzyme, please post it.

Quote:

People just makin shit up posting it on the forum like they are experts...

:rolleyes:

OfflineBoffsun
Rev.

#3812381 - 02/21/05 05:00 PM (19 years, 1 month ago)

Ok, i don't know anything about chemistry, but what about mush tea? That shit definitely works. I mean soak the shrooms in hot water, take the shrooms out, drink the water, get really high. Therefore psylocybin MUST be soluable in water, no? in fact sometimes i get higer with tea than with dried. So I'm going to make some tea, and let it evaporate. Any predictions?

Offlinetriptamine
Navagator
Loc: SW
Re: Psilocybin Extraction Project [Re: Boffsun]
    #3815981 - 02/22/05 08:16 AM (19 years, 1 month ago)

Actually, pure psilocin will react with oxygen slowly at room temp to produce a blue compound which is believed to be some kind of diquinone. The blue color may be enhanced by the enzymes (not sure thought), but pure 99% psilocin will turn a bluish green on decomposition at room temp after about a month. Also, for those interested, I have posted a fairly simple psilocin extraction on another board (pm me for info) which uses many readily available chems. It only extracts psilocin, but any psilocybin in the mushroom is dephosphorolated into psilocin with good yields.

Triptamine

Offlineero1287
Stranger
    #3822014 - 02/23/05 11:52 AM (19 years, 1 month ago)

Hi, I'm new on this form, although i don't know a whole lot about shrooms themselves, i have a unique knowledge of chemistry ....arrested for manufacturing of illegal high explosives (hobby). i found manufacture high explosives close to the power of nitroglycerin (dynamite) from scratch... In these synthesis' I've done i most commonly used acetone as my solvent. Acetone is a very easy to get household solvent used to strip paint and a paint thinner. so it would work just as good as pure denatured alcohol. In my experiments with it, it tends to work better by having bigger yields and i think would do the same with any soluble substance. ***only use pure acetone, so don't use it if it has other chemicals in it for they might not evaporate as quick, and you don't wanna to be ingesting some toxic chemicals when tripping***

Offlinejc_illenium
undesirable
Loc: earth
Re: Psilocybin Extraction Project [Re: ero1287]
    #3822352 - 02/23/05 01:11 PM (19 years, 1 month ago)

go to college

--------------------
on my knees and burnin
my piss and moans the fuel that
set my head on fire
smell my soul its burnin

Jump to top Pages: < Back | 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | Next >  [ show all ]

Shop: MagicBag.co All-In-One Bags That Don't Suck   North Spore Cultivation Supplies   Kraken Kratom Red Vein Kratom   Original Sensible Seeds Autoflowering Cannabis Seeds   Left Coast Kratom Buy Kratom Extract   Bridgetown Botanicals Bridgetown Botanicals   Myyco.com Isolated Cubensis Liquid Culture For Sale   PhytoExtractum Buy Bali Kratom Powder   Mushroom-Hut Liquid Cultures