Home | Community | Message Board

Everything Mushrooms
Please support our sponsors.

Mushrooms, Mycology and Psychedelics >> Mushroom Cultivation

Welcome to the Shroomery Message Board! You are experiencing a small sample of what the site has to offer. Please login or register to post messages and view our exclusive members-only content. You'll gain access to additional forums, file attachments, board customizations, encrypted private messages, and much more!

Amazon Shop for: ½ Pint Jars, Laminar Flow Hood, Rye Grain

Jump to first unread post. Pages: 1
InvisibleDamn_Skippy
Fell off theWagon

G2G question
    #3810990 - 02/21/05 02:53 PM (12 years, 5 days ago)

Hypothetical scenario...

Let's say I have 4 rye jars. 2 Lipa Yai and 2 Hawaiian. After 2 and half weeks I have one Lipa Yai and one hawaiian jar 1/3rd of the way colonized and moving fast. The uncolonized jars have been noc'd but no growth. I'm guessing conditions aren't favorable for colonization in the uncolonized jars. However, if the 2 colonizing jars colonize completely before the other jars have started to colonize, is it possible to take some of the Myc from these Rye jars that have colonized and do a G2G into the uncolonized jar even though conditions might not be favorable for growth in those particular jars? has anyone tried it? will it give it the kick start it needs?

--------------------
~Skipp
"I like cigarettes, Miss Taggart. I like to think of fire held in a man's hand. Fire, a dangerous force, tamed at his fingertips. I often wonder about the hours when a man sits alone, watching the smoke of a cigarette, thinking. I wonder what great things have come alive from such hours. When a man thinks, there is a spot of fire alive in his mind---and it is proper that he should have the burning point of a cigarette as his one expression."

Post Extras: Print Post  Remind Me! Notify Moderator
Offlinebrewwhaha1
Stranger thanmost
Re: G2G question [Re: Damn_Skippy]
    #3810994 - 02/21/05 02:55 PM (12 years, 5 days ago)

give it a try does the grain from both jars (growing not growing) appear to be the same moisture content?

InvisiblePrisoner#1M
Even Dumber ThanAdvertized!
 User Gallery

Loc: Pvt. Pubfag NutSuck
Trusted Cultivator
    #3811004 - 02/21/05 02:56 PM (12 years, 5 days ago)

yes it's possible but you may want to try with new jars, those unfavorable conditions could be indicative of a bacterial contam or something similar.
you'll also need a glove box or a flow hood

OfflineDiMiTriSouljah
No left turn unstoned
 User Gallery

Loc: ked in a Skin Pinata
    #3811007 - 02/21/05 02:57 PM (12 years, 5 days ago)

I wouldn't risk the contamination rate of opening partially colonized rye jars. Unless you're pretty confident that you can pull it off, it isn't worth contaminating 4 jars instead of losing 2. But, hypothetically, yes, it's definitely possible.

--------------------
In the end, my friend, we will all be together again.

InvisibleDamn_Skippy
Fell off theWagon

Re: G2G question [Re: brewwhaha1]
    #3811018 - 02/21/05 02:59 PM (12 years, 5 days ago)

Hypothetically experimenting...

the uncolonized jars are slightly drier, but probably would be injected with sterile water upon G2G. They have all been injected with sterile water once already

--------------------
~Skipp
"I like cigarettes, Miss Taggart. I like to think of fire held in a man's hand. Fire, a dangerous force, tamed at his fingertips. I often wonder about the hours when a man sits alone, watching the smoke of a cigarette, thinking. I wonder what great things have come alive from such hours. When a man thinks, there is a spot of fire alive in his mind---and it is proper that he should have the burning point of a cigarette as his one expression."

InvisibleDamn_Skippy
Fell off theWagon

Re: G2G question [Re: Prisoner#1]
    #3811031 - 02/21/05 03:02 PM (12 years, 5 days ago)

Quote:

Prisoner#1 said:
yes it's possible but you may want to try with new jars, those unfavorable conditions could be indicative of a bacterial contam or something similar.
you'll also need a glove box or a flow hood

Never had a contam, but I am not denying that these jars don't have one now. It is possible. I have neither a glovebox nor flow hood. So I guess I will be casing with one jar

Thanks Priz

--------------------
~Skipp

Offlinebrewwhaha1
Stranger thanmost
    #3811034 - 02/21/05 03:02 PM (12 years, 5 days ago)

why does everyone seem so concerned about contamination???? I realize its important to be clean. The only time I've had problems with contamination is when i wasn't PCing long enough (only 45 min @15psi) stupid me it resulted in 100% contamination for 2 batches. I've doubled the time and now no problems at all.

InvisibleDamn_Skippy
Fell off theWagon

Re: G2G question [Re: DiMiTriSouljah]
    #3811043 - 02/21/05 03:05 PM (12 years, 5 days ago)

Quote:

DiMiTriSouljah said:
I wouldn't risk the contamination rate of opening partially colonized rye jars. Unless you're pretty confident that you can pull it off, it isn't worth contaminating 4 jars instead of losing 2. But, hypothetically, yes, it's definitely possible.

my contam rate is 0, so far. cross my fingers. But you are right. A bird in the hand is worth 2 in the bush

--------------------
~Skipp

OfflineDiMiTriSouljah
No left turn unstoned
 User Gallery

Loc: ked in a Skin Pinata
Re: G2G question [Re: brewwhaha1]
    #3811049 - 02/21/05 03:06 PM (12 years, 5 days ago)

Because some people live in dirty alleys.

--------------------
In the end, my friend, we will all be together again.

Jump to top. Pages: 1

Amazon Shop for: ½ Pint Jars, Laminar Flow Hood, Rye Grain

Mushrooms, Mycology and Psychedelics >> Mushroom Cultivation