Home | Community | Message Board

Sporeworks
Please support our sponsors.

General Interest >> Philosophy, Sociology & Psychology

Welcome to the Shroomery Message Board! You are experiencing a small sample of what the site has to offer. Please login or register to post messages and view our exclusive members-only content. You'll gain access to additional forums, file attachments, board customizations, encrypted private messages, and much more!

Jump to first unread post. Pages: 1
OfflineCyber
Ash
Male User Gallery Arcade Champion: Yeti Sports

Loc: Dearborn Michigan
Visions while tripping
    #3810756 - 02/21/05 01:49 PM (11 years, 9 months ago)

When I trip I tend to have visions. Most of them I understand, some I find deeper meanings to. almost all are real life images, places, things, people, etc. More recently I have had a couple of visions that I Just do not understand. They tended to be more abstract than the others. I figured I would post here as I am sure there are others that have visions. Maybe someone can help me to better understand them.

The first,

I saw this image

There was information with it, not so much a voice as a knowledge. "2 by land, 2 by sea, 2 by air, and the one was there"

The second,

This image was in shades of gray. I found this odd as most of my visions are in color.

There was a feeling of amazement with this one. The figure with the arms outstretched was moving to the middle while the others were moving away.

The Images were drawn as I saw them. The blocky people were just as I had seen.

Post Extras: Print Post  Remind Me! Notify Moderator
InvisibleSinbad
Living TheMoment
Male

Loc: Under The Bodhi Tree
Re: Visions while tripping [Re: Cyber]
    #3810923 - 02/21/05 02:34 PM (11 years, 9 months ago)

I wouldnt read too much into them, after all they were substance induced visions, which whether we interpret them too or not, tend to hold very little in the way of real meaning. Its usually in my experience just the release some unconcious material to your sensory organs, nothing more.

You can drive yourself crazy trying to figure this stuff out, but its better not to be attached to these experiences, as like everything else, they are impermentant. Relax and let go then all will become clear  :smile:

--------------------

Offlineopioq
human

Loc: here + now
Re: Visions while tripping [Re: Sinbad]
    #3810965 - 02/21/05 02:43 PM (11 years, 9 months ago)

the second drawing reminds me of the part in "Urotsukidoji" when that guy was in the hospital and he expoded into a bunch of huge growing penises in all directions and people we being stuck to and sucked into the erections.

--------------------
putting the "hype" back in hyperspace

Invisibleredgreenvines
irregular verb
 User Gallery

Re: Visions while tripping [Re: opioq]
    #3811143 - 02/21/05 03:26 PM (11 years, 9 months ago)

first of all I must say that you have a very strong graphic sense.
also probably a strong mythological respect, a good tolerance to interfaith or interculture as well (suggested by the types of image components).

these visions are ecstatic expressions of what was happenning with you as opposed to something prophetic, so to integrate them into your life you want to find correlations in the present or recent past relative to the time the visions occurred (forget about fortune telling with this type of thing).

sinbad is all caution on this and that is good, but it applies whether the vision is substance induced or meditation induced so one should consider it in the same way if you get visions from meditation. accordingly while trying to see through the visions into your life context, do so gently, and humbly allowing that they can be relevent briefly and meaningless after the experience in which they come.

our intelligence can fluctuate and meanings can be lost. some kinds of understandings are meaningless after the context has faded, and here - alas, these may no longer mean anything at all except that you got to record having them which is a huge plus on the side of being able to record ecstatic experiences and being able to share having had them.

Offlineerags
Get the most outof your gourd
 User Gallery

#3811153 - 02/21/05 03:28 PM (11 years, 9 months ago)

Some of the visuals common to people in the altered state are the qualia of the chemical changes occuring in the brain's visual centers. Yours look more complex with figures , landscapes and such. Simpler "entopic symbols" such as spirals , meshwork textures, lines of symmetry, etc are common to lots of trips. Paul Devereux has a book called The Long Trip: A Prehistory of Psychedelia where he goes into how entopic symbols are manifested in archeological records. Its fun book to read.

--------------------
http://www.bumwine.com/

Invisibleredgreenvines
irregular verb
 User Gallery

Re: Visions while tripping [Re: erags]
    #3811208 - 02/21/05 03:40 PM (11 years, 9 months ago)

yes those spirals etc. are innate search patterns
they crop up a lot!
how about text search - it is a funny one, you feel like you should be able to read it but you are seeing the letter hunter and not the quarry.
something simmilar may occur with little cartooney characters as partial recognition leads to engaging some memorable search algorythm...

some of cyber's depictions have a bit of the innate visual search for wheel (radial pattern often 8 spoke) and line

also one may get after image sustained and blended or melted images

OfflineMAGnum
veteran

Re: Visions while tripping [Re: opioq]
    #3811270 - 02/21/05 03:55 PM (11 years, 9 months ago)

Dreams and visions can have very important meaning, especially visions. It seems that in both visions the figure on the bottom and the center of these groups was key was the key.

If you want an interperetation..

It seems like you have three elements around a fire which makes four. Then you have the one. That is three elements, earth air water and the fire then the spirit or fifth element. Two by land, Two by sea, two by air around fire with the one. This one figure is differant from the rest.

Then there are seven people moving away from the center, but one on the bottom, which to me corresponds to the one in the element pictures is moving toward the source of radiation while the rest of the world is moving away. While the one moves the hands are outstretched.

Note you also that there are three pairs, one fire and one man making eight as the total amount of figures in the first image. In the second image there are eight people and that single one in both is differant from the rest.

Interperetation:
While the whole of humanity moves away, there is one moving toward the source. The outstretched hands mean openness. This person moves toaward the center of our nature and moves alone to the source while others dispurse from it and move away from it.

Be prepaired to see a great prophet rise up in the next few years by whatever means. This person will speak alot about how people are moving away from everything that is the center of our nature while the individual moves thier self toward the center of our nature; He moves sharing all that he finds with everyone freely.

The fact that eight shows twince and prevailantly means change that the world will go through because of this one person's work and events surrounding this individual.

This part is iffy: The six people around the fire represent six continents uniting around one warm center with the one who will teach them how. However long this takes is anyones guess, but it is obvious that people will move away from the source where this one soul is ascending to while he moves toward it. This means the world will resist it's own nature and fall away from it.

I'm glad you posted it because that was a really profound vision. I hope I was helpful.

--------------------
Agent 727

Edited by MAGnum (02/21/05 04:11 PM)

InvisibleSinbad
Living TheMoment
Male

Re: Visions while tripping [Re: redgreenvines]
    #3811334 - 02/21/05 04:10 PM (11 years, 9 months ago)

Yes, whether substance induced or during meditation one should not be attached to visions or experiences. Their is no meaning in them, they are just manifestations of your unconcious mind.

Their is nothing to be learnt or gained from pondering on these visions, attaching to them and labeling them as special or significant is just another form of mental conditioning which hold no benefit for you. Pecieved meaning is just a mental projection onto a moment that has already passed and ceased to be. 

In short, forget about it, its gone and finished. Any holding onto previous exeprience is attachment which leads to suffering and excess baggage on your journey through life.

Any recording of experience is like mental programming or 'stacking' in which the indivdual feels like something meaningful has occured, when in fact nothing of the sort is true. All that has occured is conditioning and attachment to experience, which blocks any progress.  Recording is the work of the ego, nothing need be recorded, these visions are nothing special.

Peace  :grin:

--------------------

OfflineTheShroomHermit
Divine Hermit of the Everything
 User Gallery

Loc: border of Canada and Mexi...
    #3811380 - 02/21/05 04:24 PM (11 years, 9 months ago)

Everyone has there own personalized definitions and meanings, so nobody but you is going to tell you what it means. These hallucinations are your own to ponder, draw conclusions for yourself.

OfflineMAGnum
veteran

Re: Visions while tripping [Re: Sinbad]
    #3811439 - 02/21/05 04:36 PM (11 years, 9 months ago)

That is actually some very good advice.

The best dream interpereter is the dreamer.

Cyber, I gave you my interpperetation of it without asking feedback.

Could you tell me what you think of what I have to say? The vision is very basic but it speaks volumes and you know that it means something.

--------------------
Agent 727

OfflineCyber
Ash
Male User Gallery Arcade Champion: Yeti Sports

Loc: Dearborn Michigan
Re: Visions while tripping [Re: MAGnum]
    #3811958 - 02/21/05 06:08 PM (11 years, 9 months ago)

After rereading my post I realized that I may have not explained everything. I also realized that none of you know me personally and have no idea of my visions. I would normally not be this public with my visions but I have grown to trust the group of people at the shroomery. I personally did not feel that I would be put down for being this open. :smile:

Let me start that there is a difference between what I would call a vision and a standard hallucination. I have had visions for more years than some of the members have been alive! (Going on 28 years now, And yes I am an old fart) I have only recently began using mushrooms and before then did not use anything (No weed, No LSD, nothing) I meditate daily and most of my past visions came to me during meditation. I have had visions with out meditation (while awake). For those interested, My meditation method is based on the ancient Japanese 9 centers of power, of which I have achieved 8.

I have found that there are 3 types of visions I have.

#1) Those that have a meaning to me or were meant for me.
#2) Those that have a meaning to some one near to me.
#3) Those that have a meaning to some one I have not met.

Visions tend to fall into a small grouping.

#1) Prophetic Visions: I normally know if it is prophetic, It is just one of those things. It is more of a feeling than knowledge that it is prophetic.
#2) Life Skip (My GF named it that): These tend to be visions of past lives. I know I am seeing them through my eyes but it is not me. If there is another person in this type of vision, I tend to know who they are now.
#3) Current events: These are normally something that is happening right now. I get a flash (best description) and just know what is going on some where else.
#4) Spiritual: These tend to me meaningful to me. There are a verity of them in different forms. Some times it is animals that tell me something or a vision of something bigger.

One of the reasons I posted these was to get others opinions on what they may mean. I personally seemed to fixate on the people in them.

Quote:

redgreenvines said:
first of all I must say that you have a very strong graphic sense.

Ill take that as a compliment, Thank You.

Quote:

also probably a strong mythological respect, a good tolerance to interfaith or interculture as well (suggested by the types of image components).

The image components tended to remind me of native American art. The feel of the vision was ancient for lack of a better word.

Quote:

these visions are ecstatic expressions of what was happening with you as opposed to something prophetic, so to integrate them into your life you want to find correlations in the present or recent past relative to the time the visions occurred (forget about fortune telling with this type of thing).

I have had prophetic visions, These were different from all the visions I have had in the past. It did not feel prophetic but they were so different from ones I have had in the past it is hard to tell.

Quote:

Sinbad said:
Yes, whether substance induced or during meditation one should not be attached to visions or experiences. Their is no meaning in them, they are just manifestations of your unconcious mind.

I have found that the is meaning in many things. Most people never see the meaning because they write it off as being of no importance.

Quote:

MAGnum said:
The best dream interpereter is the dreamer.

But the dreamer is never awake to tell you what they mean.  :grin:

It is true that visions are best interpreted by the person that has them. Some times what others see can lead you to an interpretation that you may have never seen.

Quote:

Could you tell me what you think of what I have to say?  The vision is very basic but it speaks volumes and you know that it means something.

I know that there is a meaning that I have not yet realized.

As to your interpretation of the visions. There was a spiritual feel to the vision and your interpretation brought out points that I had not noticed. I had been fixated on the figures in the visions, as well as the fact that there were 7 figures in one and 8 in the other. I did not realize that the 4 elements were represented. I also know that the visions are related although they were several weeks apart.

InvisibleHuehuecoyotl
Stranger
Male User Gallery

Loc: On the Border
    #3811966 - 02/21/05 06:09 PM (11 years, 9 months ago)

"When I trip I tend to have visions."

That is why they are called hallucinogens.

--------------------
"A warrior is a hunter. He calculates everything. That's control. Once his calculations are over, he acts. He lets go. That's abandon. A warrior is not a leaf at the mercy of the wind. No one can push him; no one can make him do things against himself or against his better judgment. A warrior is tuned to survive, and he survives in the best of all possible fashions." ― Carlos Castaneda

OfflineJCoke
dream observer
Male

Loc: maryland Flag
Re: Visions while tripping [Re: Huehuecoyotl]
    #3812125 - 02/21/05 06:27 PM (11 years, 9 months ago)

Quote:

Huehuecoyotl said:
"When I trip I tend to have visions."

That is why they are called hallucinogens.

:grin:

took the word out of my mouth...

my visions while tripping to me mean no more than my visions while dreaming, I could say in some ways it's theraputic, like in a dream i might say something to someone i would'nt say if i were awake, often it's things i did'nt even realise i was holding back, or atleast refused to recognize it as something i was hiding from them, kind of slaps me in the face, you know?

on dex, I've had near death experiances, in fact, dex trips are closer to near death experiance than to tripping, imo, I always feel like i took to much this time, even if it's less or equal to the last time i did it, my life flash's before my eyes, floating above my body, heading towards the white light at the end of the tunnal, good times. :thumbup:

--------------------
hello, your name is life on earth
------------------------------------

"I traveled a long way seeking God, but when I finally gave up and turned back, there He was, within me! O Lalli! Now why do you wander like a beggar? Make some effort, and He will grant you a vision of Himself in the form of bliss in your heart." -the saint of the Kashmir Shaivism tradition: Lalli.

InvisibleSinbad
Living TheMoment
Male

#3812200 - 02/21/05 06:36 PM (11 years, 9 months ago)

We interpret and project our own dellued meanings onto the inccocent reflections of our minds. If we can allow ourselves to relax and not be attached or conditioned by these visions and experiences, you see that the unfolding of our human condition has its own symbolic meaning without the need for projection or interpretation.

This is the difference between knowing the meaning and projecting meaning. Because essentially our projections are nothing but dellusions that we superimpose onto our experiences. The real meaning is found in letting go and relaxing in the face of our ever changing experiences. Its meaningless to get hung up on our past experiences becuase we miss the essentially unpolluted, unconditioned meaning of the present moment,

--------------------

Edited by Sinbad (02/21/05 06:41 PM)

OfflineMAGnum
veteran

#3813963 - 02/21/05 11:38 PM (11 years, 9 months ago)

Quote:

Cyber said:

Quote:

Could you tell me what you think of what I have to say? The vision is very basic but it speaks volumes and you know that it means something.

I know that there is a meaning that I have not yet realized.

As to your interpretation of the visions. There was a spiritual feel to the vision and your interpretation brought out points that I had not noticed. I had been fixated on the figures in the visions, as well as the fact that there were 7 figures in one and 8 in the other. I did not realize that the 4 elements were represented. I also know that the visions are related although they were several weeks apart.

I get feeling that those are stong and meaningful messages. I believe there are five elements being shown to you there rather than 4, spirit being represented by the one. There is a chance that that one is you or someone else. Honestly, I am glad was able to help by pointing those things out to you. The numbers are very important in this specific vision and I said nothing of the fact that they were paired, but that is important as well. This vision is indeed a puzzle and I wish you luck on unlocking it. If it comes to me what the images mean altogether, I will PM you because sometimes things come in sudden insights. All that aside, may Love follow you wherever you go.

By the way, what is your interperetation so far of these visions?

--------------------
Agent 727

OfflineMarkostheGnostic
Elder
Male User Gallery

Loc: South Florida Flag
    #3815773 - 02/22/05 08:00 AM (11 years, 9 months ago)

The 4 elements are obviously surrounding the magic circle or ring of fire. The elements for fire, water and air are evident, and those elements are paired (in Gnostic thought, pairs are consorts and are called 'syzygies'). The circle binds  all elements together and is usually a symbol of Eternity. You have a single unpaired figure representing the Earth element, and you yourself might be 'ungrounded' at this time and are in need of more Earth element in your life. If you were to find a partner with more Earth element to connect with, you could then see your vision as a chemical-ionic bond diagram in which a certain 'instability' is present. You need more Earth in your makeup in order to be grounded for Wholeness to occur.

The second vision has 8 rays. The number 7 is frequent in the Bible, but 8 is not. However, in Gnostic thought again (which I tend to see because these Gnostic elements seem to be emerging in the 21st century and have long noticed that) the 8 is called 'The Ogdoad' which is the spiritul world of Wisdom [Sophia] through which we must pass on the way to the 'Pleroma' [literally, 'fullness' <of the Godhead> ]. Before we enter the Pleromatic Godhead however, we have to pass by 'guardians' or 'Archons' which are 7 in number, and which correspond to the then-known 7 planetary spirits. You are entering into The Ogdoad, or the Pleroma, and are passing by the Archons. Gray is Black and White - the Conjunctio Oppositorum - the Union of Opposites symbolized by the markedly colorless symbolic gray. Someone once had a vision of God an "an Infinite Sea of gray tapioca" - a quotation I remember from a similar monolithic vision I was had of God.

Do you need to know anything about Gnosticism to have had visions that could be interpreted Gnostically? No. This material emerges from the Collective Unconscious into the 'soil' or 'Earth' of a receptive recipient - like sun :fire:, rain [water] and air of your first vision.

www.gnosis.org

--------------------
γνῶθι σαὐτόν - Gnothi Seauton - Know Thyself

Jump to top. Pages: 1

General Interest >> Philosophy, Sociology & Psychology