Home | Community | Message Board

SoulSpeciosa Kratom
Please support our sponsors.

Community >> The Pub

Welcome to the Shroomery Message Board! You are experiencing a small sample of what the site has to offer. Please login or register to post messages and view our exclusive members-only content. You'll gain access to additional forums, file attachments, board customizations, encrypted private messages, and much more!

Amazon Shop for: Terrence McKenna

Jump to first unread post. Pages: 1
Barred Spiral

The State of the "Counter-Culture"
    #3810536 - 02/21/05 12:53 PM (11 years, 8 months ago)

It seems like blow after blow for those who, at one time or another would have fallen under the description of being "counter-culture". George Bush reelected, various drugs being added to the vague drug laws, Fox News' popularity, and now the loss of Hunter S. Thompson. It's as if the world is turning more & more consumed with this bizarre, celebrity-worshipping culture of oddity & novelty. Things are directed to appeal on gimmicky sensations rather than substance, and somehow the sleight of hand never seems to wear off on some people, ever more craving outlandish news to the point where there is no distinction between current events & reality TV.

I for one, am depressed and tired of hearing about things like this. How about some good news, links to refreshing ideas (such as http://mckenna.psychedelic-library.org/ - an always reliable source of unique ways of looking at the world.) or anything which helps to explore the positive & exciting side of life.

Not trying to block out all the negative stuff that?s going on, but I think sometimes it helps to remain focused on the positive side as well, even when the negative is so prevalent.

The very nature of experience is ineffable; it transcends cognitive thought and intellectualized analysis. To be without experience is to be without an emotional knowledge of what the experience translates into. The desire for the understanding of what life is made of is the motivation that drives us all. Without it, in fear of the experiences what life can hold is among the greatest contradictions; to live in fear of death while not being alive.

Post Extras: Print Post  Remind Me! Notify Moderator
Digital Ruler

Re: The State of the "Counter-Culture" [Re: Twirling]
    #3810554 - 02/21/05 12:56 PM (11 years, 8 months ago)

smeh. i'm not too worried

Barred Spiral

Re: The State of the "Counter-Culture" [Re: Amethyst_Acid]
    #3810577 - 02/21/05 01:00 PM (11 years, 8 months ago)

I'm not too worried either, more like I'm tired of hearing bad news.

Jump to top. Pages: 1

Amazon Shop for: Terrence McKenna

Community >> The Pub